Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
BOTL76
Mouseketeer

Off-site Checklist

Hello Disney Fans,

Less than 30 days for our upcoming trip, we will be arriving November 25th and staying at WINDSOR HILLS.

Since this will be our first time off-site, we have started preparing our travel checklist.

Are there any lists on here that help with what to bring from home for staying at Windsor Hills (or other condo like places)? We are staying in a 3 BR condo.

Any help or tips on what to bring, especially for the kitchen/bathroom areas.

Of course we will be doing a grocery run when we get there but if there was some items we could save on by bringing with us that would help us.

Thanks for any tips!
BOTL76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
sympatico
DIS Veteran

Hand soap, dishwasher tabs, shampoo, garbage bags, dryer sheets, if you plan to do meals then seasonings, salt, pepper.
We fly down so I only bring stuff that is easy to pack then buy the rest when we get there like toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex, laundry detergent plus your food.
A night light is a good idea for the hall way and a flashlight.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 6 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples

Last edited by sympatico; 10-28-2011 at 07:48 AM.
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
swilshire
DIS Veteran

You should probably ask what they provide. Most places provide dishwashing soap, dishwasher detergent (but usually not enough if you run it once or twice a day), a start of laundry detergent (I bring my own). Paper products are usually supplied.

My husband brings his favorite non-stick pan, spatula, and good knife. I sometimes bring my silicon muffin "pan" since most places don't have them.

Since we almost always drive, I bring some light weight food items bought on sale and/or with coupons just to save paying retail prices. I always bring a cooler of meats bought at a discount and at least enough milk for the first night and morning. Always a few precooked items like chili in the cooler to cut down on cooking.

Items I've wished I brought and had to go buy: window cleaner for the dirty inside of the van window, basic cold medicine, antacids.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
mikkiwikki
DIS Veteran

packing list

subscribing to this thread! we will be going down in December and am interested to hear what checklists people are using.

Even tho we are 'offsiters' I always use lists like this for packing
http://www.mousesavers.com/timeismoney.html
http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwgu...cking_list.htm
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trave...king-list.html

But very interested to hear what more experienced offsiters bring
My Trippies:
2008 ThanksGiving TR POP-O-LICIOUS / CR Summer 2011 POLYTASTIC EXTRAVAGANZA
2011- Christmas in Orlando WindsorHills XtraVaGanZa
2012 - SUMMER POP & Windsor Hills

Last edited by mikkiwikki; 10-27-2011 at 11:07 PM.
mikkiwikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #5
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Yes I think it would vary depending on who you are renting from. Our WH condo said it had paper products to last a week but there was only 2-3 paper towels on the roll, a few tissues and a very small amount of toilet paper. Very little. They provided dish soap and dishwasher soap but not laundry soap, which I figured so I had brought some Purex sheets samples with me.

I wanted to bring stuff with me to save money but honestly the prices at the Super Target were pretty good so I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure you bring enough stuff to tide you over until you plan on going to the store.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
sympatico
DIS Veteran

In all the places we've stayed only one roll of toilet paper per bathroom was supplied and sometimes a roll of paper towels. That won't last us for a week or more.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 6 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
karice2
DIS Veteran

I have a kit that I have created since when I come down for my extended stays I am off site. I take the auto train so most stuff is in a tub in my car. Right now, here is my kit

Kitchen,
McCormick spice packs (Smaller sizes for different types of meals)
Napkins
Good Knife
Coffee Filters
Sugar
French Vanilla Creamer
Glass Pyrex dish with cover
Crystal Light Packets
Lysol Wipes
Dishwasher pellets
Individual packets of laundry detergent

bathroom
Mickey Soap (Saved from onsite visits to make it feel more disney)
Cottonelle Wipes
Mouthwash
Toothpaste
Disney Hand Towels

I am sure there is more since I am doing this off the top of my head but it is a kit so I don't have to think about it when I am planning on leaving. Just stick it in the back of my car and go.

May 2010 -POFQ September 2010 AKL-December 2010 Off-Site
May 2011 BWV- December 2011 Christmas Magic December 2012 Annual Christmas Trip April 2014 Friends and Family May 2014 Star Wars Weekend July 2014 Harambe Nights

I've eaten at 47 out of 240 restaurants at Walt Disney World (20%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 85 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (18%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 70 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (21%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
karice2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
avance
Earning My Ears

CHeck with your rental company to see what is included. Obviously if previous renters use too much you may be left to buy extra. Ours condo we are renting though amazingdisneyhomes.com provides you with everything including toothpaste and toothbrushes. Check but also know that you may have to provide additional supplies.
avance is offline   Reply With Quote