Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #901
carlton the bear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
well, carlton I (and many others) do not believe that was the intention. (and some will disagree, oh well) they changed from resort specific mugs to generic mugs a while ago, and I have brought my mug to another resort if I am pool hopping (legally, of course, ie. staying at music and swimming at movies, of staying at riverside and swimming at FQ. etc. IF I want to try a dif. quick service location, example, go get beignets at FQ for breakfast, and am not of the DDP, I will bring my mug I paid for for this trip. it's the bringing it back trip after trip that ruined it, and esp people filling up jugs, 7 eleven mugs, etc.
but the CS credits on the ddp do come with a drink, so no worry about that! (whenever we used ou food court on the plan, we would use our mugs for our drink, and the drink credit for a soda to use in the room for a "mix" for a cocktail!!!
Thanks smidgy. If I understand it then, when you are not at your home resort but are on a dining plan, the cashier gives you a paper cup as "technically" you are not allowed to use the mug from your home resort. If this is true you wonder how WDW can afford to give out the mug for free, when I am sure that people on dining plans eat more at other resorts than their home one. Maybe the answer is that the mugs have a higher perceived high value than the actual cost, which in reality probably costs WDW practically nothing.
carlton the bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #902
PolynesianLilly
Earning My Ears

Do all the resorts have chips in the mugs now? Or is it just the All Star resorts still?

April 2000 All Star Music . . . April 2001 Caribbean Beach . . . April/May 2003 Wilderness Lodge . . . April/May 2004 Wilderness Lodge . . . December 2004 Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian . . . April 2006 Polynesian . . . December 2006 All Star Sports . . . May 2007 Polynesian . . . December 2008 Polynesian . . . April/May 2010 Polynesian . . . April/May 2011 Polynesian . . . December 2011 Polynesian . . . April/May 2012 Polynesian
PolynesianLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #903
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianLilly View Post
Do all the resorts have chips in the mugs now? Or is it just the All Star resorts still?
It is Only ASSports... The other resorts including the other All Stars are still the regular system

It is just a test phase at this point.

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #904
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianLilly View Post
As of today the RFID chips are still being tested in the mugs at All Star Sports.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #905
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Lifetime WL Mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
As far as my experience the ones from 2003 and before were.
Hi I just want to say that I bought my Lifetime Mug in 2001 for $26.00, they were advertised as lifetime and we even verified with staff before we bought them.
As far as I'm aware after 2001 they started to phase them out, I have no statement on the side either. I have a person on the Dibb forum who received an email from Disney and they verified that her mug from Dixie Landings was indeed a lifetime mug which she can use in the resort that took over from DL.

She sent me a copy of the email and it's true she did get verification from them.

Regards
Chris 

Last edited by Callymum; 10-30-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:57 AM   #906
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
I either heard on a podcast or read on here where a person emailed Disney about the lifetime mug. The letter stated that Disney would honor the mug.
Yes that's correct it's on the Dibb forum, she posted the email.

Chris 
Old 10-30-2011, 02:03 AM   #907
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowalycat View Post
We also have the original refillable mugs from the WL back when we first stayed there in 1994. We just called to ask if these truly are "forever mugs" and we got passed around a bit but finally a representative told us if we were told they were forever mugs then they are forever mugs for the WL.
I bought my WL Lifetime mugs in 2001 and paid $26.00, told lifetime and verified by staff as lifetime also like you.

Chris

Old 10-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #908
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callymum View Post
Hi I just want to say that I bought my Lifetime Mug in 2001 for $26.00, they were advertised as lifetime and we even verified with staff before we bought them.
As far as I'm aware after 2001 they started to phase them out, I have no statement on the side either. I have a person on the Dibb forum who received an email from Disney and they verified that her mug from Dixie Landings was indeed a lifetime mug which she can use in the resort that took over from DL.

She sent me a copy of the email and it's true she did get verification from them.

Regards
Chris 
While that may be the case right now, if Disney goes resort wide with the RFID chip mugs, your lifetime mug will no longer be usable for fountain drinks.

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:26 AM   #909
koszmok
Earning My Ears

Question Refillable and Widely-Usable Mugs at Walt Disney World???

Hi there,

I found this article on ideallydisney.com

"Refillable and Widely-Usable Mugs at Walt Disney World

Hey Disney Lovers....there is some new news at Disney resorts this year...

In all the years we have been going to Walt Disney World, this is the first year that Disney is allowing these refillable mugs to be used at any resort. Sold in the colors of pink, turquoise, yellow or black, these mugs can be taken with you for use at any resort on property.

You can't refill them in the parks but it is great to be able to take them with you to quick service meals in other resorts. We really got a lot of use out of them."

Did anyone hear about it? I can`t find this news in any other sources....
But it`d be great If it was correct
koszmok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #910
hsembrick
DIS Veteran

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but, does anyone know if they will be changing the pictures on the mug from the summer pool theme? Heading back in a few weeks and was hoping for a new picture on the mug if not I'll pick one up at the parks for our collection at home.
hsembrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #911
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koszmok View Post
Hi there,

I found this article on ideallydisney.com

"Refillable and Widely-Usable Mugs at Walt Disney World

Hey Disney Lovers....there is some new news at Disney resorts this year...

In all the years we have been going to Walt Disney World, this is the first year that Disney is allowing these refillable mugs to be used at any resort. Sold in the colors of pink, turquoise, yellow or black, these mugs can be taken with you for use at any resort on property.

You can't refill them in the parks but it is great to be able to take them with you to quick service meals in other resorts. We really got a lot of use out of them."

Did anyone hear about it? I can`t find this news in any other sources....
But it`d be great If it was correct
Unfortunately the mugs are only supposed to be refilled at the resort where you bought them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsembrick View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but, does anyone know if they will be changing the pictures on the mug from the summer pool theme? Heading back in a few weeks and was hoping for a new picture on the mug if not I'll pick one up at the parks for our collection at home.
We just returned and they were the same summer design. That's not to say that when you go in a few weeks they'll still be the same, but don't count on them being changed this close to the end of the year.

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #912
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsembrick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
We just returned and they were the same summer design. That's not to say that when you go in a few weeks they'll still be the same, but don't count on them being changed this close to the end of the year.
Based on the length of time they used the last two mug designs (about two years) I have been predicting here on the DIS that the current "summer pool" design mugs will be in use until early 2013.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #913
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Based on the length of time they used the last two mug designs (about two years) I have been predicting here on the DIS that the current "summer pool" design mugs will be in use until early 2013.
Bummer! I thought they changed every year and I was looking forward to seeing the new design in January.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #914
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Sorry...I am blind. Didnt see this post. I need to stop looking at this at work and rushing through it!!
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2013 *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS - 2013 *TOKYO DL* Offsite - 2014
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #915
DrPierreMcDuck
Mouseketeer

For the sake of convenience (and the environment), I wish they would have lifetime mugs again. I think they could get away with charging quite a bit for them (and soda costs them virtually nothing), but I guess they figure they can make more by forcing their customers to buy mugs each time they visit.
DrPierreMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: