Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

2011 - What day is it? - Day 12 - Magic Kingdom & DIS meet **+VIDEO**

Day 12 – Magic Kingdom & DIS meet

Todays Videos **Ragtime Pianist Jim** & ** It's a Small World **

An unusual sight to greet us as we woke this morning……..heavy rain, so we decided to lie in until 9:00. We caught the bus to Magic Kingdom and the rain very kindly decided to stop just as we got off the bus. Bag check was empty and we were inside the park within minutes. A train was just arriving at Main Street station, so we hopped aboard for the short journey around to Frontierland. Our first stop was to get fast passes for Splash Mountain, since the standby line was around 30 minutes. As we had not had breakfast, we decided to have brunch at our one of our favourite M.K. eateries – Columbia Harbor House. We were first in and had the place to ourselves. Emma went upstairs to select a table whilst I waited with Sue to collect our order. The service was quick and the food was piping hot.
Nigel: Fried Shrimp Basket – Strawberry Yogurt – Diet coke
Sue: Fried Fish Basket – Apple Crisp – Bottle Water
Emma: Chicken Breast Nuggets – Chocolate Cake – Diet Coke

With our bellies filled, we popped around the corner and took a ride on It’s a Small World.
It has been a couple of years since we last rode this, and I took quite a lot of video on the way around.

The food we had just stuffed down was still evident, so we wandered over to TTA for another slow sit down ride. To make the hat trick, we managed to catch Carousel of Progress just loading and didn’t need much persuading to join the queue. We have done this quite a few times now but always seem to remember something new. “Did you know that Sarsaparilla is now called Root Beer?”. Our Fast pass was now valid, so we had a slow stroll back over to Splash Mountain only to find that it was broken down. The queue for BTMR was huge, so we decided to have a look at Haunted Mansion. The line for this was almost outside Columbia Harbour House and it didn’t seem to be moving. The sun was beating down so in an effort to cool off we made a stop off at Mrs Potts’ Cupboard – or Storybook Treats as it is called now, for some ice creams.
Nigel & Sue: Caramel Sundaes
Emma: Coke Float.

We had a stroll along Main Street, mainly through the shops, to cool off. Back at Main Street Station we got back onto the train and did one and half circuits. I particularly wanted to have a look at the building work going on in the now demolished Toon Town.

Arriving again at Frontierland station, we got off and headed to Splash, to use our Fastpasses. Splash was still out of action, so we decided to call it a day. On our way out of the park, we made a stop off for a chat with our friend Jim, the ragtime piano player. I always ask him to play “Black & White Rag’ (the theme used for BBC Pot Black snooker program) which I videoed and as usual, Emma was on hand to play the last note. I have taken Emma’s photo each visit with Jim and it is amazing to see how much she has grown each year.

On the way out via the Emporium, a rare occurrence happened and Emma managed to spend some of her own money on a Duffy Bear together with sailor and pirate outfits.

The bus back home was quiet, as I guess most people had stopped to watch the parade. Back at OKW we all went to the pool for a chill out and then went back to our room for showers and also some Internet time.
Tonight, was the DISmeet and it had been arranged by Wayne, to meet outside of Gurgling Suitcase along side of the OKW marina. We arrived about 7:30 and quite a few people were already there.
(Apologies to anyone I have forgotten) Wayneg * burt * Fozzie Bear * Scap Vamp * Jen_UK * Li-sa * Loobzuk * dynamite100. I spent quite a lot of time speaking to Fozzie Bear – who I learned that he was one of a large family of famous Collins Speedway riders (including a World Champion). Part of the evening a Karaoke was being performed nearby and I am pleased to say that the DIS entry won hands down!

At around 10:30 I felt hungry and realized that we hadn’t eaten since we were in Magic Kingdom earlier in the day, so we quickly made the short trip to POR food court (which closes at 11:00) for another of their famous DIY pasta boxes and a couple of desserts.

We returned back to OKW andhit the sack around midnight.

Coming up next...........Typhoon Lagoon & Chefs de France

Return to INDEX

Last edited by DISWolves; 11-08-2011 at 01:41 PM.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I never forget to eat
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Where is the Piano in Magic Kingdom? Dont tell me ive missed that in the 9 visits to WDW ive had?

Past VisitsMGM Grand,Las Vegas. March 201113th Feb 2010 - Royal Crown Plaza March 2009 - Port Orleons, French Quarter,October 2007 - Port Orleons French Quarter,April 2004 - Comfort Inn,October 1999 - Port Orleons French Quarter,October 1997 -Port Orleons - French Quarter,October 1995 - Grosvenor LBV,October 1993 - Delta

Follow Me On Twitter www.twitter.com/Allsworth27
Jordanblackpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanblackpool View Post
Where is the Piano in Magic Kingdom? Dont tell me ive missed that in the 9 visits to WDW ive had?
Walk down Main Street, turn left at Casey's Corner and Jim is on the left before you reach Crystal Palace. He is there various times during the day. I an mot sure, but I think he has been at MK since it opened!
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: