Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 11:47 PM   #16
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myramsy View Post
We loved Port orleans...stayed at FQ and Riverside and liked riverside better because there was more to do. we did value on a couple trips but with the better pools and the slides as an added bonus we will be trying to go moderate every time...well worth the extra $$ in our opinion.
Dont forget the queen beds well except CBR
Old 10-24-2011, 07:03 AM   #17
Bnearing
Mouseketeer

We also got back from Coronado Springs yesterday and it is a wonderful place! Very peaceful and quiet. If you want OTT Disney this is not a resort for you. If you want wonderful Disney service, little Disney touches, a peaceful picturesque place to stay, this is your place. The pool area is awesome and the bus service is spectacular. My kids are 10 and 6 and they loved it.
Bnearing is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2011, 07:29 AM   #18
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Im staying POR for the first time in Dec and we have a family trip planned next Nov to stay in the Royal rooms (worth a splurge even once ) I say go for POR! The grounds look amazing! I like the look of this resort compared to the values. The Mods just seem more resort-like than values. I agree with a PP Id rather skip a trip than stay value!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:29 AM   #19
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

I'll put my in my two cents for POR! We have only been to Disney World once and it was at POR. We were planing at staying at a value then the free dining came out and we did not want a whole week of CS so we went with a mod. We were there the last week of AUG of this year and had no issues with the busses at all. Yee Haa Bob alone was worth the price.

My only regret was that while we stayed at POR we didn't really "stay" at POR we left first in morning and came back after the parks were closed. It's a good thing TL, BB and AKL closes early or we would have not even saw POR at all. Mind you even on those three days we we went to DTD for the evening.

This year we are going for two weeks one week at POP so we can do our "out all day week", and one week at POR so we can enjoy and relax at the resort with some trips to BB, TL, DQ and the odd trip to a park.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Stan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #20
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Just another vote for POR. Kids your age will love the boat to DTD, the feel of POR is great, has the quiet pools you liked about CBR plus two themed pools because you can use the one at POFQ also. Not sure when all of the queen beds will be in at POR but with kids your age sharing a bed, that would be a moderate over value vote for me, for sure. Plus, there's the trundle bed option so they wouldn't have to share. And, the curtain closing off a changing aree outside the bathroom is great! Good luck!
nklooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #21
Mich123
Mouseketeer

We like to stay at POR for the trundle--we have two kids who drive us crazy if they have to sleep together, even at WDW! The grounds are beautiful and IMHO they have the best CS in the World at Riverside Mill. Breakfasts are fresh and delicious and quick. There are activities for the kids on the weekends, if I remember correctly, or maybe that was just the only time we wandered around. It's also fun to take a boat ride to DTD or a surrey ride around the resort.
2014 Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club/2013 Back to Disneyland Grand Californian/2012 Polynesian/2011 Our Second Disney Cruise - Mexican Riviera/2010 Our First Disney Cruise and Disney's Vero Beach...and Our First trip to Disneyland! Grand Californian/2009 Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside/2008 Disney's Vero Beach/2007 Port Orleans Riverside/2006 Coronado Springs

Mich123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronodo springs, french quarter, port orleans resort, resort, trip planning

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: