Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #946
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

I'm waiting for anything European.

But just curious ... now that the Wonder seems to be firmly implanted on the west coast, will there ever be another Panama Canal cruise?
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #947
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
I'm waiting for anything European.

But just curious ... now that the Wonder seems to be firmly implanted on the west coast, will there ever be another Panama Canal cruise?
I think there would be a lot of interest in several one-way Panama Canal cruises, rather than all Mexican Riviera cruises. I also think DCL could schedule a few more roundtrip Hawaii cruises, too.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #948
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I think there would be a lot of interest in several one-way Panama Canal cruises, rather than all Mexican Riviera cruises. I also think DCL could schedule a few more roundtrip Hawaii cruises, too.
I wish there were some shorter trips out of LA for us west coasters like there are for those on the east. It would be nicer on the wallet to be able to take some shorter cruises sometimes.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #949
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I wish there were some shorter trips out of LA for us west coasters like there are for those on the east. It would be nicer on the wallet to be able to take some shorter cruises sometimes.
Before Monarch of the Seas moved to Port Canaveral several years ago, it did 3 and 4-night cruises out of San Pedro, CA. The 4-night cruise went to San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensenada, whereas the 3-night just went to Ensenada. I really enjoyed the 4-night cruise, and I think those could be alternated with 7-night Mexican Riviera cruises.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #950
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandNessa View Post
Thanks for clarifying (I can hardly remember what I had for dinner last night, much less when all the 2012 dates were released!)!

I have 2 dummy dates ready to be transferred if the Magic does 7-night Med cruises (would like to do a B2B).

Do we think that the Wonder will continue to do MR cruises? My TA says they aren't selling, and look at all the KSF offers that have been popping up for them.
Anyone know how long the contract in LA is for? I really want to do the Panama Canal on DCL.

There has been way too many discounts on the MR, they must be thinking about moving the Wonder somewhere they can charge higher fares. I could see them keeping the Wonder in LA till May 2013, then Alaska, and then east.

How about the Magic in Galveston and the Wonder doing Alaska in the summer and then sailing out of New York for the winter. I can't imagine sailing from New York in winter, but if you look at the prices RCL charges for their 10 night Caribbean cruises someone must be paying them.

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #951
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Before Monarch of the Seas moved to Port Canaveral several years ago, it did 3 and 4-night cruises out of San Pedro, CA. The 4-night cruise went to San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensenada, whereas the 3-night just went to Ensenada. I really enjoyed the 4-night cruise, and I think those could be alternated with 7-night Mexican Riviera cruises.
I would love to see some of the shorter cruises also. They would be smart to try it since a lot of people would combine those with DLR vacations. I also hope the Pacific Coast cruises do well because I wouldn't mind doing one of those (LA, San Francisco, San Diego, Ensenada).

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #952
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
I would love to see some of the shorter cruises also. They would be smart to try it since a lot of people would combine those with DLR vacations. I also hope the Pacific Coast cruises do well because I wouldn't mind doing one of those (LA, San Francisco, San Diego, Ensenada).
I think there'd be more interest in shorter cruises. Would love them to include Catalina if that would ever be possible.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #953
simbasmom2
Just waitin around till boarding time!

I booked the Fantasy this past week. I wanted to get a good rate for a summer sailing. I will gladly transfer to something "new" if the Wonder or Magic has something good to offer. I would love a southern Carribean, European or TA. My BIL and I were talking last night about how a 3 night stay at CC would be awesome. Maybe since they aren't sailing any DD in 2013, that is the plan-an over night stay on CC!! That would be a big seller!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #954
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmommy View Post
Anyone know how long the contract in LA is for? I really want to do the Panama Canal on DCL.

There has been way too many discounts on the MR, they must be thinking about moving the Wonder somewhere they can charge higher fares. I could see them keeping the Wonder in LA till May 2013, then Alaska, and then east.
My DH and I were on a Royal Caribbean MR cruise in April 2010. It was less expensive than any 7-night Caribbean cruise out of FL, and I think we paid just over $400 pp! I'm pretty sure that was the main reason RCI pulled out of CA.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #955
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I think there'd be more interest in shorter cruises. Would love them to include Catalina if that would ever be possible.

I agree, I think they would do really good with the short cruises. So many people would love to try a Disney Cruise but can't afford the 7-night. And then you have those that would combine the cruise with a Disneyland trip.

But they really need to advertise it more here. I live (and work) 20 minutes from the port and the majority of the people that I talked to about our upcoming MR cruise didn't even know that Disney had a ship on this coast. I see more advertisements for Disneyworld than I do the Wonder. And anytime they show one of the cruises on an ABC Show (Makeover or FHV), they show the Dream. Barely anyone knows they are here, and when I say the Magic was also here in the past doing MR cruises, they never knew that either. How do they expect people to come, when they don't even know they are here??

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #956
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
I agree, I think they would do really good with the short cruises. So many people would love to try a Disney Cruise but can't afford the 7-night. And then you have those that would combine the cruise with a Disneyland trip.

But they really need to advertise it more here. I live (and work) 20 minutes from the port and the majority of the people that I talked to about our upcoming MR cruise didn't even know that Disney had a ship on this coast. I see more advertisements for Disneyworld than I do the Wonder. And anytime they show one of the cruises on an ABC Show (Makeover or FHV), they show the Dream. Barely anyone knows they are here, and when I say the Magic was also here in the past doing MR cruises, they never knew that either. How do they expect people to come, when they don't even know they are here??
I agree....many don't realize locally that they are here....I don't think they will do Ensinada...to close to the crime zone.....but SD would be a nice choice for many...not for me because I live in SD but would still go.....

I think in the Winter they need to get out of Mexico for the winter and do Hawaii....8 to 10 day cruises....or one way to and from....people are afraid to travel to Mexico.... I would love to do a cruise to Hawaii.

I wish they would hurry up about it....

just relax Mun :wooho
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #957
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Got Disney" View Post

I think in the Winter they need to get out of Mexico for the winter and do Hawaii....8 to 10 day cruises....or one way to and from....people are afraid to travel to Mexico.... I would love to do a cruise to Hawaii.

I wish they would hurry up about it....
DCL can't do one-way cruises to Hawaii unless they depart from Canada or Mexico. Most roundtrips to Hawaii are at least 14 days long.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #958
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Sorry if I already posted this (I've been thinking about it just don't know if I've said it 'out loud' yet).

I'd like to see some of the Pacific Coast cruises (like they are doing this September) in the Spring of 2013. I might have to change some stuff around that would result in 600+ days between cruises!! How would I ever survive that But a drive over to CA for a one week cruise could possibly be worked in, especially if I could snatch one up on opening day. If they don't do somethiing more interesting than a MR, I may just have to break down and buy a Disneyland annual pass to get me through the dry spell!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #959
MPS516
Disney #2 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
can i ask some newbie questions?? i've never before been on watch for dates to be released. We are silver, so that entitles me to book before general public, right? how does this work? are we watching on the regular DCL website? or are we waiting for an announcment with itinerary listing? I will book myself, not through TA. I have a dummy reservation that I will be transferring.

TIA and forgive my ignorance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Diz View Post
I think Gold and Platinum normally get to book a few days early for the special itinerary cruises.
This only happens on the New Itineraries, the continued itineraries like they recently released for the Dream and the Fantasy are open to everyone at once. If they do a Mediterranean in 2013 the Gold and Platinum should get a few day jump on the general bookings.
GOLF: Palm, Magnolia, Lake Buena Vista, Oak Trail

MPS516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #960
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

Quote:
DCL can't do one-way cruises to Hawaii unless they depart from Canada or Mexico. Most roundtrips to Hawaii are at least 14 days long.
i know...but would be nice if they could.....I am hoping they will extend there Hawaii dates....wish they would do it in the summer months....or when kids are out of school....when the boys were younger we did the PC cruise and took them out of school for 2 weeks...but they are in HS and that we would never do
now.

looks like we will just have to fly there.

wish they would just tell us what will be on the agenda....for the summer of 2013....i am hoping it wont be mexico again....seems that with all that is going on there they may not. Not on this side of Mexico anyway.

just relax Mun :wooho
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: