Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #31
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

Wow!!!!! I am loving this 'I have readers" thing! Awesome! I hope to have another update up tonight or tomorrow. We are headed out to salvage what little is left of our fall break. Jeremiah is FINALLY fever free after 5 days! OMG! Poor guy. It was definitely the most sick I have ever seen him. A nasty virus... and strep throat on top of it all. Eek! Needless to say this is not how we had imagined our break. I am happy though that we didn't have a Disney trip planned. Originally that was when we were going to go, but then bumped it up to May. That is my worst fear is being sick at Disney. Yuck! Anyways... we are headed out to tour a bit of Chattanooga and see some things that we have somehow missed even though we live here! According to this video it's better than disney???
http://youtu.be/Kf3Sd5t9a3Y
Isn't that a hoot?????? I think it should be our new tourism video! Ha!!!! On that note we're off to see what the Chattland has to offer!

I'll post a few pics from our little day trip when I get back. Hope you al have a wonderful day!

January 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
January 2008 Port Orleans Riverside

May 2011 All Star Music Family Suites
Disney Cruise aboard the Dream October 2012
October 2013 Fort Wilderness Cabins
Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #32
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

I'm glad he's on the mend!!

Have a great Friday!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #33
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I'm so glad he's better too. We just got home from a great day in downtown Chattanooga. Sometimes it's nice to have a "stay cation!" I'll be back with an update tomorrow!

Old 10-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #34
DopeyDonald
Mouseketeer

I am following along and loving your report. Your boys look like they'd be a lot of fun to take to Disney - I LOVED the video - such a great keepsake. Can't wait to read more!
PS.. my son likes Jeremiah's hat - he has one just like it! (We are from MN)

Short but Not Sweet Trip Report
You're NOT 5 Until You Eat Cake in the Castle - a Feb/Mar TR in Progress

Old 10-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #35
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

Love the photo of everybody trying to pull the sword.

Ugh, what an unfortunate situation with the room, I would have been beyond annoyed.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:58 AM   #36
mulanshaircut
Earning My Ears

Joining in. Loving your TR already. Bathrooms and locked doors are very common at my house.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #37
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

Thank you!!! My boys ARE a lot of fun to take to Disney... They don't whine (much) and they will generally try anything. Even Cole. LOL. I have a had few people over they years that have said they want to go to Disney with us! Haha! Thaks for joining in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyDonald View Post
I am following along and loving your report. Your boys look like they'd be a lot of fun to take to Disney - I LOVED the video - such a great keepsake. Can't wait to read more!
PS.. my son likes Jeremiah's hat - he has one just like it! (We are from MN)

Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #38
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

It's great to see you over here! I'm enjoying your report... especially the Universal part, since I guess we"ll be going there next trip. Thanks for following along!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Joining in!

Love the photo of everybody trying to pull the sword.

Ugh, what an unfortunate situation with the room, I would have been beyond annoyed.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #39
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

Ha ha! I was VERY glad we had two bathrooms this trip! I don't know what it was... but almost ever meal we had for dinner at Disney my husband had an issue with! It wasn't like that at lunch, but prety much any buffet messed with him. It had never hapened before on previous trips. Thankfully it didn't effect him otherwise and did seem to get better laterin the trip. Thaks so much for following along!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulanshaircut View Post
Joining in. Loving your TR already. Bathrooms and locked doors are very common at my house.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #40
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

UGH! I finally got all my photos and videos upladed to photo bucket. Somehow I had them spread out over the desktop, the lap top, two phones and an ipad. good grief. I didn't feel I could give an accurrate report without all of them though, so I'm sure it will be worth it! I'll have a report up later today after I clean the house up a little and atempt to find Cole a halloween costume for a party he's going to tonight.... Sigh. I wish I cold just sit here and Disney dream.... You ever get that way? I'll be back soon!

Old 10-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #41
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

Finally! A second to sit down and resume my TR. We had a great day yesterday. Jeremiah finally felt like doing something after being sick. We had a great family day touring parts of Chattanooga we hadn’t seen. We had lunch at TGI Friday’s, toured Ruby Falls, got some homemade Italian ice from Rita,’s, saw the new Tornado Alley at the Imax, dinner at Mellow Mushroom, and finished the day off by taking a Ghost tour. It was really great. To make it even better I had planned ahead and managed to save us $65.00 by using coupons. WOOOO HOOOO! It’s amazing how much that adds up. Here are some recent pics from our little day trip!

If you are around Chattanooga you should definitely visit. We have a beautiful city.

Okay…. On with the original trip! One thing I should note here is that although we enjoyed the resort and really liked our suite, it was no moderate or deluxe. The first clue was when dh came back from swimming and was irritated that there wasn’t a hot tub. Lol. Of course I knew there wasn’t one from doing my research, but didn’t think it would be too big of a deal. My husband definitely missed it this trip. He has back problems from being a contractor and on both our previous trips he would take the boys to the pool and unwind in the hot tub. That was one of the main things he would look forward to after a long day in the parks. I could take it or leave it. Sure, I enjoyed it, but it definitely wasn’t a deal breaker in my book. My husband seemed to think that if he was paying THIS much for a vacation the least they could do was have a hot tub at the resort! He also missed the workout room, as he goes to the gym here every morning. Overall he was okay with everything though. He just mentioned that he wished there was one…. It wasn’t like he was angry about it or anything. I would definitely keep this in mind for future trip planning though, now that I knew it was so important! I will say that as the trip progressed he told me that the resort was growing on him and he had really come to like it… “I just wish there was a hot tub!” He said.

On this morning we woke up early. I wanted to be at Epcot before rope drop, so we could hit Soarin’ first thing. This would be another first for us to be able to ride together. In the past we would always have to do a swap. I was excited to see how Cole would do with this one as well. This would also be the last day spent with our friends Angela and Caroline. I texted Angela and she said she needed a few more minutes, but that Caroline was on her way to our room. She would just catch up with us at the park later. I had brought those little boxes of cereal from home and the suite provided plenty of paper goods. Cups, bowls, spoons, plates, etc. So we ate a quick breakfast in the room (we did this every morning) and were on our way to the bus stop.

One thing I will say about Disney is how immaculate they keep their grounds. We were out early this morning and they were cleaning the pool area and making it look pristine. It’s just amazing to me to think about how many people it takes to make just one resort look amazing, let alone a whole park.

It was a pretty quiet morning (we were out early) and we didn’t have to wait but maybe 10 minutes for a bus. Good thing, because even at that time in the morning we could tell it was going to be HOT. This was definitely going to be a different situation from our January trips. After a short ride we were there in plenty of time before the park officially opened.

Epcot is probably my favorite park. There is something special about it for me. When I was 17 my parents took me for two days to Disney. We didn’t stay on site and were only there for two days, touring Magic Kingdom and Epcot only way back in ’96. We were chosen to be the Epcot guest park openers. It wasn’t like it was now where they let the family ride in a Test Track car. Heck! Test Track didn’t even exist back then. Nope… What they did do is let us into the park for free (we got to keep our tickets for another day) and they gave us a certificate certifying that magical moment. What I remember most is us being let into the park before anyone else and them saying “The ***** Family welcomes you to Disney World” and us waving everyone in and being the first to ride Spaceship Earth. It was a memory I will never forget. My Dad was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease and I see him progressing rapidly and it is so nice to be able to think back to that trip and remember them riding everything with me and just enjoying everything together. It was only a couple years later that I was married, so this is the last trip I remember taking with them by myself. Anyways… just a little tidbit I thought y’all might enjoy. I actually have another park opener experience to tell you about…. But I’ll wait till later in the report to do that.

So here we are waiting for rope drop and we are right up in front. Here is the lucky TT family.

Out come all the carachters and lucky for us they paid us lots of attention!

At one point Minnie wanted Jeremiah to kiss her nose!

As soon as the rope dropped we followed the masses to The Land. Our first stop was Soarin’! We hopped right in line. How did Cole like it? He LOVED it and wanted to ride again! Phew! So it’s just roller coasters that freak him out. I can deal with that! My phone did not get service while waiting for service and when it finally did there was a msg from Angela wondering where we were. She met up with us outside the land after we stopped to get some fastpasses so we could all ride later in the day.

Now I will let you know right here that this was probably the worst park touring day the whole trip. We did so much walking back and forth across this park it wasn’t even funny. I’m not even sure why. Made no sense, but oh well… live and learn, I guess. We headed from Soarin’ right over to TT. The standby line had posted 20 minutes. I actually think it took a little longer, but it wasn’t too bad. Do you think they look ready?

We had a great time, even Cole and then spent some time after gawking at the cars. What can I say…. I’m outnumbered. Especially with a husband and a tween.

My husband told me if we stopped going to Disney so much he could have this:

Next up was Mission Space. Now I knew better than to even try the Orange side. The plan was that Angela, Caroline, Cole, dh and myself would ride the green side. Jonas and Jeremiah were determined to go orange. Have at it… just don’t come complaining to me if you feel sick. Well my husband at the VERY last minute decided to switch and ride with the boys. Now here is a little background on dh. He gets terrible motion sickness. Roller coasters are fine… he just can’t do any type of simulaters or anything that spins. I have yet to get him on the Teacups or Dumbo for crying out loud!!!!!!!!! Why on EARTH he decided to ride the orange version is beyond me!!!! Of course I am sending him really nice text messages while I am waiting in line that go something like this, “Are you a moron?” “What the heck are you thinking?” or “You better not ruin this day for everyone, because you know how you are with these types of rides and you’ll feel sick the whole rest of the day..” and “I will NOT feel sorry for you!!!!!!” Oy….

The four of us rode our green name version and were just fine. In fact Cole absolutely loved that ride. Their line must have moved faster than ours (perhaps because other people’s husbands listen to their wives????) so they were waiting for us when we got thru. I quickly found the boys playing on all the interactive stuff… my husband? He was out on a bench looking just a little green. He said he was very close to having to use his barf bag. In fact… He said that he was really getting worried that they were going to take off again after they got to Mars. He thought… “Oh dear goodness.. I will not make it for the return trip to Earth!” He was never so relieved to find out that their mission ended there! The other boys? They did great and of course wanted to ride again. However… I thought this would be a good time to go visit Club Cool and get dh some free Ginger Ale……

Up next: More Epcot! Crush and I share a moment, Secret Agents, Innoventions, and Dinner at Garden Grill

Old 10-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #42
kokotg
DIS Veteran

We love Chattanooga! We used to go there all the time in our pre-Disney days, when the kids were really little. We realized our youngest hadn't been there since he was a baby, so we finally did a weekend trip last December, right before Christmas. The kids LOVED Ruby Falls.

Great update... about your DH and Mission Space. Mine isn't good with spinning things, either, so I was shocked when he volunteered to take the kids on the Orange side this year. Better him than me!
Old 10-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #43
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

Hey! Yeah... There is actually quite a bit to do in Chatt. It was a good little day thing. I must say though... I've been slightly jealous reading my friends status updates on Facebook. Disney is a popular destination right now due to the fall break we get here. In hindsight I'm glad we didn't plan our trip for fall though since Jeremiah ended up being so sick.

I couldn't believe he did the orange either. Hehad talked about it, but thought he would try it at the very end of the day. Oh well. You're right... Beter him than me!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotg View Post
We love Chattanooga! We used to go there all the time in our pre-Disney days, when the kids were really little. We realized our youngest hadn't been there since he was a baby, so we finally did a weekend trip last December, right before Christmas. The kids LOVED Ruby Falls.

Great update... about your DH and Mission Space. Mine isn't good with spinning things, either, so I was shocked when he volunteered to take the kids on the Orange side this year. Better him than me!

Old 10-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #44
Lidian
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Now to get all caught up!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 10-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #45
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Comments galore! Taking notes in a separate window ... because I can relate a little too much to Dory.

Your DS Jeremiah: I love your comment
Quote:
Jeremiah literally thinks he is a Jedi. No… I mean… I think he may need therapy in the coming years.
Just to let you know, Jeremiah will turn out all right. I married my own Jeremiah (well, at least his name does start with a J). I usually find the "This is not the husband you're looking for..." comment funny ... unless he's already in pretty big trouble. Then, not so much. And, hey, those conventions are pretty fun! (Not WDW fun, but fun nonetheless.) Sorry, the nerd in me is all cheering him on and encouraging it. I can't help it.

You have a beautiful family!

@ surprise video
"I knew it!" One DS was in shock and the other was like "Duh, let's just go already!" I thought your DS was going to go into shock -- it sounded like he stopped breathing from excitement for a few minutes! Totally love your surprise video!!

I can't wait to hear about the SWW surprise!!! I bet they were beyond excited!

Funny that you mention the GPS on the iPhone. Did you read how many times my DH used it and got us lost??? Of course, each time it was my fault.

I totally agree with the: Try everything once scenario. This is our rule, too. And I said the same thing to my DS... that it was a "fun, little train ride". He hated it, too. (As well as Splash.) But in my case ... DS won't even get on a real train. I'm a horrible mom.

Poor Jonas @ IASW. OH MY @ "huge drop" comment he made to Cole. That sounds like something my DD would do. Bless his little heart! I'm anxious to hear if you was able to ever get him on anything else afterwards.

We love Columbia Harbor House! Glad you guys enjoyed it. Do you recall where the boys went for their burgers?

Pocket-bacs are awesome! I'm a fanatic about that, too. DH is all "you'll be fine, don't worry about it", but I still make him take a squirt. The kids have learned, and they have their hands ready before I can even get it out of my purse.

We rode the Liberty boat a couple of years ago. It was a nice little ride. They had a narrative ("Mark Twain" I think) and it was scenic. The best part? Not walking. We sat down on the deck (gross, I know), and looked through the railing at all the sights WDW assembled. Plus, it was shaded, so it was cool. Was it anything to write home about? Not really. But again, it was nice to relax and take some cute pictures. Will we ride it in March? Sure, if its not being refurbed (but I think it is).

Oh wow @ makeout people! I think at that point I'd be like.. "Uhm... there are children around. Perhaps you should take this back to your room?" I mean, I get being affectionate ... but some things should not be viewed by young eyes!

That's awesome that your DH gets picked at Laugh Floor! I wish mine would get picked, too. Maybe its because my DH talks Turtle?

I love the castle pic with the kids!

Wow! Waiting an hour and a half for an ADR?? That's awful! Did they ever say why the wait was so long? Especially since you commented that it didn't look crowded ... I'm all asking if we've been forgotten at the 20 minute mark (nicely, of course -- catch more flies with honey).

Sorry to hear of your room issues. Glad everyone got their business taken care of!

Glad to hear that Jermiah is feeling better now! Also glad to hear you enjoyed a lovely Chattanooga excursion!

Quote:
My husband told me if we stopped going to Disney so much he could have this:

Glad to hear most of you had a great Mission Space experience!

Okay, all caught up. Can't wait to read more!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: