Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #196
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurleyGirl View Post
THANKS so much for this helpful thread! Does anyone know what the times for the lunch menu are for TChoup Chop? Will save us a great deal if we plan our day to have a late lunch as opposed to their dinner menu! And, how far in advance does the opentable take reservations? We won't be there until next November, so I want to make myself a reminder.
Their website says 11:30 - 2:30. Not sure how far ahead you can make a ressie, you may have to fiddle around with open table to find out.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #197
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMonkey4 View Post
Can anyone tell me what is available on the room service menu for the Royal Pacific Hotel? Prices would be great too.
If you check out the menu at Jake's you'll get a good idea of what is available for room service.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #198
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMonkey4 View Post
Can anyone tell me what is available on the room service menu for the Royal Pacific Hotel? Prices would be great too.
i returned just this week from staying at rph.
i might have a copy of the room service menu.
i have not gone thru my paper items that i brought back.

it is a pretty full menu, 24 hour service.

there is a surcharge and a 22% gratuity added onto the cost of the menu foods.
so, don't tip if you use room service.

i'll post here when i get to organizing the stuff from my trip.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:14 AM   #199
brenda1966
DIS Veteran

Are there phone numbers you can call to make last minute priority seatings? Or even 1 day in advance? I seem to recall having a number for Mythos last year. I have the 407-503-3463 one wrote down, but is that just for onsite hotel reservations? What about City Walk? I won't have a smart phone with me so can't do internet. Thanks!
WDW: offsite 95, Oct 12; Pop Century: Nov 04, Feb 06, Dec 06, Oct 09; AS Music Oct 10, 11; CBR Oct 07, Apr 14; POR Oct 08 ~ MNSSHP Oct 07, 08, 12
Universal/IoA: Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10, 11 ~ Kennedy Space Oct 10 ~ Sea World Oct 08, 12 ~ Discovery Cove Oct 12
Next: Tokyo!!! Fall 2014! Airfare booked, planning is underway...
brenda1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #200
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1966 View Post
Are there phone numbers you can call to make last minute priority seatings? Or even 1 day in advance? I seem to recall having a number for Mythos last year. I have the 407-503-3463 one wrote down, but is that just for onsite hotel reservations? What about City Walk? I won't have a smart phone with me so can't do internet. Thanks!
I don't know the phone number you're asking about, but if you're wanting to make last minute priority seatings, there is a dining reservation booth located in Citywalk (between the Universal Store and the AMC movie theater) that can assist with priority seating. I think they have dining reservation booths in the parks too. Also, as you're staying on property, each hotel has a concierge desk that should be able to assist in making priority dining requests.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #201
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1966 View Post
(407) 224-3663 call the day of and you should be fine. CityWalk

407-224-2155 for information and availability. Margaritaville

407/224-4534 - Mythos
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #202
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Somebody by now has gotta have a review or pictures of the churrascaria dining at Latin Quarter.Or did I miss a post somewere?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #203
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduck352 View Post
Somebody by now has gotta have a review or pictures of the churrascaria dining at Latin Quarter.Or did I miss a post somewere?
It's too expensive for me!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #204
dsmom
DIS Veteran

we are going to latin quarter wednesday - Oct 26th for the buffet- i will report back and tell you what we think!
dsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:16 AM   #205
brenda1966
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jessica R! Last year we tried to eat at Margaritaville, but the wait was too long. Now I can call ahead!
WDW: offsite 95, Oct 12; Pop Century: Nov 04, Feb 06, Dec 06, Oct 09; AS Music Oct 10, 11; CBR Oct 07, Apr 14; POR Oct 08 ~ MNSSHP Oct 07, 08, 12
Universal/IoA: Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10, 11 ~ Kennedy Space Oct 10 ~ Sea World Oct 08, 12 ~ Discovery Cove Oct 12
Next: Tokyo!!! Fall 2014! Airfare booked, planning is underway...
brenda1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #206
LaceyLace
Simply Enchanting

Ugh.

I'm struggling finding places to eat at the parks. We don't want full service, but yet don't want the usual hotdogs or hamburgers either every day.

Ideal spots would be bars that also serve appetizer type foods, but I'm not finding menus for those.

Interested in Backwater Bar at the entrance to Islands. Anyone know if they serve food? (I know they do at Confisco, but once again, not looking for a full sit down meal.)

Finding places to eat is more difficult than I thought. Other than Thunder Falls Terrace which serves chicken & ribs, I am stuck...
Old 10-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #207
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyLace View Post
Ugh.

I'm struggling finding places to eat at the parks. We don't want full service, but yet don't want the usual hotdogs or hamburgers either every day.

Ideal spots would be bars that also serve appetizer type foods, but I'm not finding menus for those.

Interested in Backwater Bar at the entrance to Islands. Anyone know if they serve food? (I know they do at Confisco, but once again, not looking for a full sit down meal.)

Finding places to eat is more difficult than I thought. Other than Thunder Falls Terrace which serves chicken & ribs, I am stuck...
Have you checked out Margaritaville and Hard Rock Cafe? How about the Nascar Sports Grill or NBA City restaurants or Bubba Gump's? All have bars where you can sit and be served apps.

The Backwater Bar will serve you the Confisco's apps.

Finnegan's at Universal also has a bar where you can sit and drink and have apps.

Last edited by damo; 10-20-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #208
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

I've put up the new Islands Dining Room menus. They look wonderful!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #209
christophfam
DIS Veteran

Just returned from a quick trip to Universal and have to report on our Mythos meal. We've been to Mythos many times over the years and have always loved it, but I've got to say it was rather disappointing last Friday. There were five of us and only one of us liked our meal! The one that liked it had the bistro filet (always a favorite), but the rest which included the chef's pizza, pastabilities, the risotto of the day and the steak sandwich all gave it a thumbs down. I sure hope this isn't a new trend.

Me DH DS (19) DD(16)
More trips than I can count! Every year 1-2 times for the last 17 years!! Disney and Universal stays - CSR, POP, All Stars, WL, AKL, RPR , HRH
christophfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #210
HPMonkey4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophfam View Post
Just returned from a quick trip to Universal and have to report on our Mythos meal. We've been to Mythos many times over the years and have always loved it, but I've got to say it was rather disappointing last Friday. There were five of us and only one of us liked our meal! The one that liked it had the bistro filet (always a favorite), but the rest which included the chef's pizza, pastabilities, the risotto of the day and the steak sandwich all gave it a thumbs down. I sure hope this isn't a new trend.
Oh no! I hope not. My DH and I want to eat there when we go next month. I hope the food gets better again between now and then.

HPMonkey4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breakfasts, dining, food & beverage, smart visitors, universal, universal orlando, vegan, vegetarian

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: