Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #916
jessa07
Can we do RnRC one more time??

What does it mean to "re-shop" a cruise onboard? I may be doing a quickie 3-nighter in January and want to book a dummy date for my honeymoon, but what if the dates for the Magic are released before then?

CBR/Poly: 1997 Poly: 1998 Contemporary: 1999 BWV: 2000 BWV: 2002 BWV: 2004 Off-site: 2006 VWL: 2008 AKL: 2009 BLT:2010 AKL/OKW: 2010 SSR: 2011 BWV: 2012 POP: 2012 BWV/Wedding: 2013 AKL: 2013 BLT: 2014

Our Fairytale Escape Wedding: April 13, 2013 - Sea Breeze Point / The Attic / UK Lochside

Gold Castaway Club Member!
jessa07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #917
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessa07 View Post
What does it mean to "re-shop" a cruise onboard? I may be doing a quickie 3-nighter in January and want to book a dummy date for my honeymoon, but what if the dates for the Magic are released before then?
As long as the cruise you are re-shopping (already have booked) was not originally booked onboard for the 10% discount and OBC, you can go to the reservation desk and see if you can get good pricing by rebooking it because you'll get a 10% discount and an onboard credit. But be aware that you will be paying market at that time and not original day booking prices. It could be worth it though with the 10% discount you will get and the OBC that applies.

I've done it twice in the past and we basically broke even, but got the extra OBC, so it was worth it.

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #918
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
As long as the cruise you are re-shopping (already have booked) was not originally booked onboard for the 10% discount and OBC, you can go to the reservation desk and see if you can get good pricing by rebooking it because you'll get a 10% discount and an onboard credit. But be aware that you will be paying market at that time and not original day booking prices. It could be worth it though with the 10% discount you will get and the OBC that applies.

I've done it twice in the past and we basically broke even, but got the extra OBC, so it was worth it.
Is the 10% discount for the whole cruise? I was always under the impression (never cruised Disney before) that the 10% is just the required down payment instead of the usual 20%?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #919
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Is the 10% discount for the whole cruise? I was always under the impression (never cruised Disney before) that the 10% is just the required down payment instead of the usual 20%?
Onboard there's two "10 percents" -- a 10% discount on the cruise fare and a 10% down payment (instead of 20%).

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #920
jessa07
Can we do RnRC one more time??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Onboard there's two "10 percents" -- a 10% discount on the cruise fare and a 10% down payment (instead of 20%).
I'd rather just have no down payment

CBR/Poly: 1997 Poly: 1998 Contemporary: 1999 BWV: 2000 BWV: 2002 BWV: 2004 Off-site: 2006 VWL: 2008 AKL: 2009 BLT:2010 AKL/OKW: 2010 SSR: 2011 BWV: 2012 POP: 2012 BWV/Wedding: 2013 AKL: 2013 BLT: 2014

Our Fairytale Escape Wedding: April 13, 2013 - Sea Breeze Point / The Attic / UK Lochside

Gold Castaway Club Member!
jessa07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #921
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
And only on the cruise. Not taxes and fees.

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #922
icemoca
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessa07 View Post
I'd rather just have no down payment
It would be nice if this is a point system. Maybe every 10 cruises, you get one free cruise?
icemoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #923
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post

Just wanted to add, you also run the risk of losing main dining if that's important to you. This happened to us since they basically cancel the old res and create a new one. We were waitlisted & got it but it was stressful not knowing.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:05 AM   #924
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Just wanted to add, you also run the risk of losing main dining if that's important to you. This happened to us since they basically cancel the old res and create a new one. We were waitlisted & got it but it was stressful not knowing.
Good point. That can be a biggie for some. We were lucky both times that the girl was able to get us the same room -- but you do run the risk of getting a different room assignment, too. But you can still inquire as they will present you with the pricing and get your okay before changing anything.

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 AM   #925
stephe1987
Earning My Ears

That's really interesting to hear that so many people want Main Dining. Our family always prefers late dining, and sometimes you don't even have to be back on the ship until right as the Main Dining starts, or sometimes in the middle of the Main Dining meal. And seeing as we don't bring money to eat dinner off the ship, we always want to be back in time for dinner. Every family is different, I guess. Maybe it's also because our kids are all either teenagers or used to eating a late dinner.
stephe1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:14 AM   #926
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephe1987 View Post
That's really interesting to hear that so many people want Main Dining. Our family always prefers late dining, and sometimes you don't even have to be back on the ship until right as the Main Dining starts, or sometimes in the middle of the Main Dining meal. And seeing as we don't bring money to eat dinner off the ship, we always want to be back in time for dinner. Every family is different, I guess. Maybe it's also because our kids are all either teenagers or used to eating a late dinner.
You're not the 1st west coaster to say that. Maybe it's due to the time change and your internal clock feeling like 5:30 pm EST is really like 2:30 PST for you. Just a guess really.
I think we'd miss all the shows if we had late dining. That's one of our favorite parts about cruising DCL, dinner then a show.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #927
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

can i ask some newbie questions?? i've never before been on watch for dates to be released. We are silver, so that entitles me to book before general public, right? how does this work? are we watching on the regular DCL website? or are we waiting for an announcment with itinerary listing? I will book myself, not through TA. I have a dummy reservation that I will be transferring.

TIA and forgive my ignorance!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #928
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
can i ask some newbie questions?? i've never before been on watch for dates to be released. We are silver, so that entitles me to book before general public, right? how does this work? are we watching on the regular DCL website? or are we waiting for an announcment with itinerary listing? I will book myself, not through TA. I have a dummy reservation that I will be transferring.

I think Gold and Platinum normally get to book a few days early for the special itinerary cruises.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #929
Annabell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post

Unfortunately, being silver does not entitle you to book before general public.
Only gold and platinum members have that privilege !
Annabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #930
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabell View Post
Unfortunately, being silver does not entitle you to book before general public.
Only gold and platinum members have that privilege !
If enough of us complained to DCL after they opened the Hawaii bookings to Silver the same day as the general public - we night get an advance booking perk before the next "special" (and probably overpriced) itineraries are announced.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: