Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

Fantasy March 2-9, 2013 Western Caribbean Meet

Anyone else book the Fantasy for March 2-9? We can't wait and I'm ready to start planning already! We'll be celebrating DS's 5th birthday on board as well as my 8 year wedding anniversary My family of four consists of:

Me - Kateesha (29 at the time we cruise)
DH - Marcus (28 at the time we cruise)
DD - Kamari (6 at the time we cruise)
DS - Marcus (4 at cruising time but will turn 5 on March 4th!)

Hoping to get my mother-in-law and sister on board as well! Only 499 days to go

December 2010 - MVMCP
October 2011 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MNSSHP
September 2012 - Disney Magic Canada
March 2013 - Disney Fantasy Western
December 2014 - Disney Wonder Western and Disney
November 2015 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MVMCP
Mandersons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
ptmom
Earning My Ears

Smile It's all settled!

We also booked the Fantasy for March 2-9, 2013!

I loved the Wonder and I have to admit being a little nervous about the larger ship since I've never been on a cruise except for the Wonder. No matter, my kids can't wait to ride the Aqua Duck, and I'm always up for a new adventure.

It's me, Disney Mom, and DD's age 13 and 10 when we travel.

It's never too early to start thinking about Fish Extenders! Count us in!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmom View Post
We also booked the Fantasy for March 2-9, 2013!

I loved the Wonder and I have to admit being a little nervous about the larger ship since I've never been on a cruise except for the Wonder. No matter, my kids can't wait to ride the Aqua Duck, and I'm always up for a new adventure.

It's me, Disney Mom, and DD's age 13 and 10 when we travel.

It's never too early to start thinking about Fish Extenders! Count us in!
Welcome!!! I'm so happy to finally have someone else in this meet thread The Dream was our first cruise ever and let me tell you, we navigated that huge ship like we'd been on in it many times before so you'll do GREAT! Your daughter's will LOVE the Aqua Duck! My DD rode it back to back. My DS will be finally be tall enough by this cruise so he can ride it too.

And it's never too early for Fish Extenders! That was one of the highlights of our trip

December 2010 - MVMCP
Old 11-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
sonogal
Mouseketeer

HI! Count us in too. We're friends and traveling companions of ptmom. Will be our 3rd trip together. They just keep getting better and better.

Hubby and I are actually leaving in 3 weeks to go on Oasis of the Seas so the Dis Fantasy will be a walk in the park for me size wise.

I love cruising and would do it more if I could.

However hubby is NOT a Disney fan (can't imagine why not!) so this trip will consist of me, Dis mom, kiddos DD13, DD11, DD8 (all at time of sailing), and Dis grandma. Will be Grandma's first time sailing but I betcha she'll be hooked. I told her there's nothing like Disney.
2007 Sandals Dunn's River Jamaica
2008 El Dorado Royale Mexico
2009 Carnival Inspiration
2009 Carnival Liberty
2010 Disney Wonder
2010 RCL Liberty of the Seas
2011 Carnival Destiny
2011 Disney Wonder
2011 Oasis of the Seas
2012 Freedom of the Seas
2013 Disney Fantasy
sonogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
ptmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonogal View Post
HI! Count us in too. We're friends and traveling companions of ptmom. Will be our 3rd trip together. They just keep getting better and better.

Hubby and I are actually leaving in 3 weeks to go on Oasis of the Seas so the Dis Fantasy will be a walk in the park for me size wise.

I love cruising and would do it more if I could.

However hubby is NOT a Disney fan (can't imagine why not!) so this trip will consist of me, Dis mom, kiddos DD13, DD11, DD8 (all at time of sailing), and Dis grandma. Will be Grandma's first time sailing but I betcha she'll be hooked. I told her there's nothing like Disney.
Sonogal is responsible for my Disney cruise addiction...it's hard to believe that 2 years ago I had never cruised and now I'm posting on Disboards and planning fish extenders 15 months ahead! Dis Grandma must be official if she's announced on Disboards....Welcome aboard! We are going to have a fabulous vacation!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
Swissmiss
Earning My Ears

Hi Kateesha,

We were on the same cruise with you in October! I guess I will have to come up with something new for my FE gifts . Looking forward to cruising with you again.

We'll be four: me, my husband, DS11 and DD9.

The kids are already plotting their Aquaduck strategy, that was just too much fun!

Heidi
Swissmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissmiss View Post
Hi Kateesha,

We were on the same cruise with you in October! I guess I will have to come up with something new for my FE gifts . Looking forward to cruising with you again.

We'll be four: me, my husband, DS11 and DD9.

The kids are already plotting their Aquaduck strategy, that was just too much fun!

Heidi
Awesome! Wasn't the cruise amazing? I can't wait til we cruise again, if we had lots more money, we'd do 2-3 Disney cruises a year! Did you make it to the cruise meet? My family was so tired from traveling the day before that once we went to our room we took a "nap" and almost slept through the safety drill So sadly, we missed the meet. But I we won't miss it on this one!

December 2010 - MVMCP
Old 12-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
Swissmiss
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandersons04 View Post
Awesome! Wasn't the cruise amazing? I can't wait til we cruise again, if we had lots more money, we'd do 2-3 Disney cruises a year! Did you make it to the cruise meet? My family was so tired from traveling the day before that once we went to our room we took a "nap" and almost slept through the safety drill So sadly, we missed the meet. But I we won't miss it on this one!
I'm totally with you, we had a wonderful time.

We also missed the meet because we had been at "family astronaut training" at the Kennedy Space Center that morning, so we only arrived around 2pm. By the time we got something to eat, we were too late. Maybe this time! We will also not be so jet lagged this time, since we'll come to the US the week before the cruise this time - so the kids (ok, me) shouldn't fade mid-dinner

Heidi
Old 12-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #10
ptmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm totally with you, we had a wonderful time.

We also missed the meet because we had been at "family astronaut training" at the Kennedy Space Center that morning, so we only arrived around 2pm. By the time we got something to eat, we were too late. Maybe this time! We will also not be so jet lagged this time, since we'll come to the US the week before the cruise this time - so the kids (ok, me) shouldn't fade mid-dinner

Heidi
Heidi, Welcome Aboard!

We look forward to meeting you!

I'm intrigued by your comment about family astronaut training at Cape Kennedy...would you recommend it for others? I'm considering pulling my girls out of school one day early so that we can spend a day at Kennedy Space Center before the cruise. I was there about 12 years ago--it was fantastic so I can only assume that it would be even better now.

Jean
Old 12-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
Swissmiss
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmom View Post
Heidi, Welcome Aboard!

We look forward to meeting you!

I'm intrigued by your comment about family astronaut training at Cape Kennedy...would you recommend it for others? I'm considering pulling my girls out of school one day early so that we can spend a day at Kennedy Space Center before the cruise. I was there about 12 years ago--it was fantastic so I can only assume that it would be even better now.

Jean
Hi Jean,
Indeed, astronaut training was fantastic. They have 2 different programs, a full day one for older kids and adults and a family training, which is half a day (8:30-1). They only seem to offer the family program about once a month.

You get to meet an astronaut, do some exercises on how things work and some to simulate weightlessness and one of those spinning things (which was too cool, though we were the only ones who dared). Then you fly a mission. It was great, we were really sorry we had to rush off because we would have loved to stay and go through the museum (the training is at the astronaut hall of fame).

I would highly, highly recommend it, though if I had my choice, not on the day we leave for the cruise. But it was too good to pass if that was the only option (I also didn't feel like we missed anything not getting on the ship really early, but I am sure that's a personal thing).

Sorry for the long-winded reply, that is how exited I still am that we got to do that!

Look forward to meeting you.

Heidi
Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
ptmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi Jean,
Indeed, astronaut training was fantastic. They have 2 different programs, a full day one for older kids and adults and a family training, which is half a day (8:30-1). They only seem to offer the family program about once a month.

You get to meet an astronaut, do some exercises on how things work and some to simulate weightlessness and one of those spinning things (which was too cool, though we were the only ones who dared). Then you fly a mission. It was great, we were really sorry we had to rush off because we would have loved to stay and go through the museum (the training is at the astronaut hall of fame).

I would highly, highly recommend it, though if I had my choice, not on the day we leave for the cruise. But it was too good to pass if that was the only option (I also didn't feel like we missed anything not getting on the ship really early, but I am sure that's a personal thing).

Sorry for the long-winded reply, that is how exited I still am that we got to do that!

Look forward to meeting you.

Heidi
Thank you! I think my girls would like astronaut training; I'll check it out!

Jean
Old 12-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #13
tina4_98
Mouseketeer

Talking anyone planning March 2, 2013 Fantasy???

We have booked our March 2 2013 fantasy cruise! very excited and checking if anyone else planning that cruise?

will be family of 4, myself, hubby, and two daughters 5 & 8 at the time!

Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:57 AM   #14
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina4_98 View Post
We have booked our March 2 2013 fantasy cruise! very excited and checking if anyone else planning that cruise?

will be family of 4, myself, hubby, and two daughters 5 & 8 at the time!
Welcome to the cruise meet thread!!! My crew consists of myself, DH, DD, and DS (6 and 4 at time of travel). This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and we're super excited

While I haven't set up the "official" FE list, I am keeping track of those interested. Would you be interested in participating?

December 2010 - MVMCP
Old 12-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
tina4_98
Mouseketeer

Wonderful!! YAY!! Count me in! Our group consists of myself, hubby, Daughters 5 & 8 at time of cruise..also joining us on this cruise will be our Mother In law, Sister in law, Brother in law and their kids also son5 & daughter8 at time time of the cruise

Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: