Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #901
DisneyCruiser83
You jump, I jump, Jack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Question though: should I contact a TA about Magic/Wonder now in the hopes that one sails out of NY?
Yes, I would contact your TA if you are interested in something for 2013. My TA has had a list going for months now. I would contact him/her as soon as possible. Good luck!

"The sea is His for He made it and His hands formed the dry land." Psalm 95:5
DisneyCruiser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #902
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Imagine my surprise and panic when I had a few minutes at the end of the day to check the DIS only to find out that 2013 was open for booking and that some cruise prices had jumped massively from the morning!
I had one of those panic moments and then laughed at myself ... and explained to a co-worker that while I was facing a minor "Disney issue", in the grand scheme of life it was no biggie ... when I explained the situation too her though, she was like "go home and call, what if the prices go up even more!". (Gotta love it when even a non-Disney nut gets it.)

Before I could call though, I needed to confirm dates, etc. with my parents and sister. We were tossing around a 7-night Eastern but went back to our original plan of a 4-nighter for my sister's family's first cruise (our second). I didn't get around to calling DCL's Castaway number until 8:30 tonight!

I was able to move our dummy date to March 10, 2013 (4 night Bahamas on the Dream). We need three cabins and got two of the "new" 7As that are just a few doors apart and a 6A next to one of the 7As. The prices weren't too bad compared to our placeholder 3-night Bahamas on the Dream for Nov. 2012 ... but I'm glad we had the onbaord booking discount, etc. I was impressed with the DCL booking agent ... I'm sure it must have been a very busy shift and she was still super polite, efficient, and knowledgeable ... and it took some doing to find three cabins super close to each other that met our category, deck, and location requests ... but she did it!

So, we're set ... at least until the Magic/Wonder itineraries are released. Something from New York, and maybe even Hawaii, might have me moving dates yet again.

disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #903
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
Just priced out for 2/16/13 and Oasis is $600 more for a much smaller room or $3000 more for 40 extra square feet?

Fantasy was a great deal for us!!
Too funny...I priced that Oasis cruise too! Not because we want to go on it, but I wanted have something to compare the price we got on the Fantasy to. We are a family of 5 and booked two cabins on the Fantasy and the Oasis was only just over $400 cheaper than Disney, and much smaller cabins.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #904
Samantha_Mommy
Mouseketeer

When Magic & Wonder to be released?

Now that the Fantasy/Dream bubble has burst and prices and dates are showing for 2013...when do you suppose the Magic and Wonder will be released and where do you think it is going???

Disney Fantasy November 2013
Samantha_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:24 PM   #905
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha_Mommy View Post
Now that the Fantasy/Dream bubble has burst and prices and dates are showing for 2013...when do you suppose the Magic and Wonder will be released and where do you think it is going???
The quote below was posted earlier this afternoon, it's back on page 57.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Just off the phone with a supervisor at DCL and asked about the Magic and Wonder, she said it would be any day now, they were finalizing the itineraries. The words Hawaii and Mediterranean were mentioned... but she couldn't confirm anything.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #906
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
The quote below was posted earlier this afternoon, it's back on page 57.
Hooray! The lack of 5 nights in 2013 has confirmed that we'll be looking for an Alaskan itinerary for that year..! Hopefully that will continue as well!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:15 AM   #907
SanDeeKath
San Diego Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDeeKath View Post
We just booked the Allure of the Seas. No way am I paying double! Those Royal Caribbean ships are totally awesome and kid friendly and we simply cannot justify the cost.
DH just gave us permission to book a back to back on the Allure of the Seas! Yahoooo! It's the same price as one cruise on Disney (balcony on Disney and balcony on Allure). We are gonna do 7n Western Carrib for just DH and I and then Eastern with the 2 kids and my mom joining us!

Bummed about Disney but happy to have 2 wonderful weeks of vacation and some great islands to visit.

Katherine

SanDeeKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #908
NoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

I've been lurking this thread for a while and I can finally say that I am excited. I booked for our spring break 2013 this morning and the lowest category I could get was an 8c. It pays to stay up past midnight. At 12:01 there were 3 9d's available and by the time I grabbed one, they were all gone. I compared the price to a 7 night Carnival cruise out of the port of Galveston and the Fantasy was less than $50 more. I'm pretty happy with my price. It was not cheap but definitely comparable.
Pop Century 7/2007- 1st Trip-- Disney Cruise on the Magic 2009--Pop Century 6/2010-- One Night Premium B-day trip ASsp/Dolphin 9/2010-- Saratoga Springs Resort 7/2011 -- Beach Club Villas/Disney Dream 9/2011!Disney Dream AKL 02/13 Adults Only!11/13 Disney Dream/ Swan Thanksgiving Surf and Turf! Food and Wine ASMo Bday trip 9/14
NoodlesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #909
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesMom View Post
I've been lurking this thread for a while and I can finally say that I am excited. I booked for our spring break 2013 this morning and the lowest category I could get was an 8c. It pays to stay up past midnight. At 12:01 there were 3 9d's available and by the time I grabbed one, they were all gone. I compared the price to a 7 night Carnival cruise out of the port of Galveston and the Fantasy was less than $50 more. I'm pretty happy with my price. It was not cheap but definitely comparable.
We jumped ships! We are doing the Fantasy 2013 I got online early this morning and I thank God I did,the cruise cost has doubled!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #910
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

I never got my hopes up for the Fantasy or Dream because I remember the sticker shock of last year's prices.
I would rather have a 11 day trip with free dining than a 4 day cruise for my family of 5 @ 3,500.
However, the Mexican Riviera cruises were reasonable for a time on the Wonder for 2012. I am waiting for the Wonder announcement.

I will have to wait for the Dream and Fantasy to be the "old" ships before I could ever afford them.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #911
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDeeKath View Post
DH just gave us permission to book a back to back on the Allure of the Seas! Yahoooo! It's the same price as one cruise on Disney (balcony on Disney and balcony on Allure). We are gonna do 7n Western Carrib for just DH and I and then Eastern with the 2 kids and my mom joining us!

Bummed about Disney but happy to have 2 wonderful weeks of vacation and some great islands to visit.

Katherine
What are the dates and room cat.?

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #912
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
I never got my hopes up for the Fantasy or Dream because I remember the sticker shock of last year's prices.
I would rather have a 11 day trip with free dining than a 4 day cruise for my family of 5 @ 3,500.
However, the Mexican Riviera cruises were reasonable for a time on the Wonder for 2012. I am waiting for the Wonder announcement.

I will have to wait for the Dream and Fantasy to be the "old" ships before I could ever afford them.
I know it depends on dates & # of guests but I had sticker shock for how low the 2011 Dream prices were when 1st released. In Nov we are sailing 4 of us in an 8D for just $1860.

Our 2013 price is $700 cheaper than our 2012 cruise. Same week, category & itinerary. Both booked 1st day of release. Weird....
Old 10-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #913
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracykim View Post
My TA told me that she got notice from DCL (She is Disney Certified, if that has anything to do with it) about an hour before they opened the bookings.
My TA, whose company specializes in Disney Cruises, also said she found out yesterday morning only one hour before opening. She said she was stunned that none of the gold and platinum members were notified because they got a lot of complaints when Disney did the same type of opening for the October Hawaii cruise!

Now I am REALLY not looking forward to the Magic pricing if they are going to the Med. Hey, remember when we all thought that Disney pricing might be more reasonable once they had more ships in the market Yeah, that was a good joke, wasn't it

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #914
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
My TA, whose company specializes in Disney Cruises, also said she found out yesterday morning only one hour before opening. She said she was stunned that none of the gold and platinum members were notified because they got a lot of complaints when Disney did the same type of opening for the October Hawaii cruise!

Now I am REALLY not looking forward to the Magic pricing if they are going to the Med. Hey, remember when we all thought that Disney pricing might be more reasonable once they had more ships in the market Yeah, that was a good joke, wasn't it
Yeah, Disney sure knows how to play the game. They create a feeding frenzy and instill a sense of urgency to book. We take the hook every time. Once we're on the ship we do love it though then we're glad we booked early. I think all the whoopla is mostly about the new ships. Except for Alaska & HI, the sailings on the older ships aren't in super demand. How many times have they offered Kids Sail Free on the Wonder? Seems like it's all the time.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #915
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgrl93 View Post
Um, yeah. We are priced out. Been waiting a year-and-half only to find out tonight the price is twice as much as the same exact 7-day cruise on the other ships a year ago. There is no way on this earth I am spending that kind of money. Just priced RCCL and Carnival....they are way less than Disney. We are "jumping ship" to another line instead. We'll probably look at Disney again in the future when the ships get a little older, but for now, no. Happy sailings to those of you booking now. Wish I could justify that price, but I simply can't!
I hear ya. As I mentioned a few posts back, I checked Thanksgiving week 2013 and compared the pricing we got for 2012 on the Fantasy. Same room category 4C and the pricing was already $1,700 higher ($7,100 plus). If it had been that price for the 2012, we'd be sailing on another ship. I can barely justify the $4,600 we got for that category, but over $7,000 no way (holiday week or not)!!

Edited to add: well, SOMEONE is paying because I just went back to look and all the verandahs for Thanksgiving week 2013 are booked!

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami

Last edited by RedSox68; 10-19-2011 at 01:33 PM.
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: