Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #796
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

I am thinking about a trip for November 2012...I am hoping to be able to get a reservation on ebay for Bonnet Creek. Most of the reservations I see on there for now are 7 days- Sun through Sat. Does anyone ever rent for a midweek stay? I am going to need a Thurs. night through Tues or Wed night? Does anyone have an idea how much a 2brm will run me for this?

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #797
fuzzyjelly
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

I know they use pretty much the same phone I have at work, a Cisco IP Phone 7960 series.
Thank you so much!!
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #798
The_Alice
Xavier Atencio is my hero!

I've got to tell you all a funny story. I called to book an extra night on the front end of our trip at the Poly as a surprise for my DH and kids. When the CM asked me where we would be staying after that evening I told her the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Her reply, "Oh that place is GORGEOUS! You're going to love it!" LOL I also had a similar conversation with our rep at Garden Grocer.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #799
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
Is it possible to have a water or golf view and firework view? If so, what building would that be? Building 5 sounds lovely. I suspect that DH and I will spend time in the lazy river and a hot tub. Which lazy river is generally the least crowded?

Thanks all!
Golf view + Fireworks.... Not likely to happen. The Golf Course is on the side of the property headed out towards MGM. It wouldn't give you a good view of the EPCOT fireworks which are the ones you can see best from the resort.

Water View + fireworks.... doable. Towers 1, 2, 3, and 6 (Presidential units) would be the Towers which would face out over the center lake in the direction of the fireworks. You'd want a higher floor room though in order to give you the best view over the buildings on the other side of the lake.

There are only 2 Lazy rivers. One by the main building, and the other by Tower 5. Out of the two, it's likely the one by the main building would be the least crowded since it's not right outside one of the primary guest towers and pool bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
I am thinking about a trip for November 2012...I am hoping to be able to get a reservation on ebay for Bonnet Creek. Most of the reservations I see on there for now are 7 days- Sun through Sat. Does anyone ever rent for a midweek stay? I am going to need a Thurs. night through Tues or Wed night? Does anyone have an idea how much a 2brm will run me for this?

Thanks!
Cost would depend upon the source of the rental. It's too early to actually book a November 2012 trip, but you could try contacting some of the rental locations (Vacation Upgrade, Ebay sellers, Farrell, etc) and see if they could give you a quote.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #800
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
It's too early to actually book a November 2012 trip,
Not necessarily. A Wyndham owner who has WBC as their home resort can book up through 11/18.2012 now. So depending on when they want to go, they could book now.

However, there's really no rush unless you're talking about Thanksgiving week. WBC is usually pretty available.

I'd take my time and do some good research on who to rent from.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #801
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
Not necessarily. A Wyndham owner who has WBC as their home resort can book up through 11/18.2012 now. So depending on when they want to go, they could book now.

However, there's really no rush unless you're talking about Thanksgiving week. WBC is usually pretty available.

I'd take my time and do some good research on who to rent from.
True. But it's clunky trying to reserve this early.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #802
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

can someone tell me when the high season ends around summer time? Is it September or October? we are palnning to go visit Orlando for 2 week either Sept or October depending on the cost. We would stay 1 week at Disney and 1 week at Bonnet as our second week is more quiet and BC is the best place around IMO.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #803
pigletto
DIS Veteran

WOW. Sooooo much information here!! I have been combing over this thread for hours!

So. This diehard onsite girl is strongly considering offsite. So far we've stayed at ASMo, Pop, ASSp, POR, CSR, POLY, BWV and OKW (Split stays for many of them). Our family is just starting to get to the point where we just would appreciate more room. Every.single.time. we have been at Disney when we drive by BC one of us says "Wow, that's so close!!" at least once. So I think it's time to give it a shot.
The dining plan? I'm over it. Enough said.
This time we have a rental car. We won't want to drive all the time..but it will be nice to have a choice between that and the shuttle.
Extra Magic Hours? I will miss the morning ones, we usually hit rope drop. But we never ever made it to the night ones anyway. I think we'll live.

And the prices I see some of you getting for what appear to be nicely decorate and spacious units? Sign me up

I think we are pretty good candidates to give a non-disney property a try this time.

I know I will have MANY questions in the future. My first one for now is.. when is the best time to start checking Ebay and to contact Ken Price? Our plane tickets are purchased and our dates are set. We're looking at the first week of May.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #804
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I know I will have MANY questions in the future. My first one for now is.. when is the best time to start checking Ebay and to contact Ken Price? Our plane tickets are purchased and our dates are set. We're looking at the first week of May.
Now is not too soon. You're going to be renting from Wyndham owners and we can reserve 13 months in advance at our home resorts and 10 months ahead at any resort.

WBC is generally easily available in May (I reserved last year in Feb for May), but I'd say as soon as you are sure on your dates, and that you want WBC, I'd book.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #805
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post
can someone tell me when the high season ends around summer time? Is it September or October? we are palnning to go visit Orlando for 2 week either Sept or October depending on the cost. We would stay 1 week at Disney and 1 week at Bonnet as our second week is more quiet and BC is the best place around IMO.
September. In 2012 specifically, Sept 6 - Oct 6 (roughly, depending on checkin date) is "Value" season, which means roughly half the points for Prime season.

However, that may not matter much in the cost of a rental. If you're renting from an owner, you're getting such a huge discount in the first place that the "season" really isn't going to matter much.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #806
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I need some recommendations on who to book through. I've tried one and they didn't answer me.

I'd really like to get a presedential suite. Is there anywa to request one of those?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #807
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I need some recommendations on who to book through. I've tried one and they didn't answer me.

I'd really like to get a presedential suite. Is there anywa to request one of those?
I'm not sure who you've tried to contact already but we're renting a 3BR Presidential through Paul at Utopia World Vacations.
http://www.utopiaworldvacations.com/home.php
He also sells on Ebay w/ 100% feedback:
http://myworld.ebay.ca/utopia_world

He responded back to my original request within 24 hours and has been great ever since.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #808
Mom-2-2Princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post

I booked thru Farrell's-- his prices were even lower for my dates than Ken Price's, and he was very prompt and responsive.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #809
marko
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever tipped the person at the check-in desk to help you get a requested tower or view, or if wanting to change rooms? We often tip at hotels when checking in, but I am not sure about a timeshare resort.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #810
kleldridge
Disney regulars

Agree!

You sound just like us! Now, we've stayed at WBC three times and would never consider staying on property at the current rates. With two teenagers the space is necessary and if you get to the parks at opening time, it's about the same as EMH. (Nobody gets up early on vacation, I guess!)

We love spending the money we save on other things. We can even take an extra vacation with the difference in the price!

You won't regret it!

DW DH: , DS19 , DD18:

Previous stays: POFQ 99, 01, 04, 05, 06, 09; CB 02, 03, 09; CS 06; Pop 04, 08; WL 04; Sports 07; SSR 07, 08; AKL 08; Offsite 10, Bonnet Creek 10, 11, 12, 12
Closed Thread