Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #137
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Just adding in here that I don't think I will ever be able to see FOTLK the same again. It was such an amazing experience sitting right at ground level and having everyone so close.

Loved seeing Devine again. One of THE coolest encounters at AK.

Yak and Yeti was great food but man was there food! Really DH and I could have shared one plate.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #138
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That's cool! Probably helped take a little bit more of the sting away from losing his lanyard.

Gotta love a good nose picking picture.

Hope he's feeling better by morning.

He was pretty happy with the new lanyard and the new pin he got was pretty cool.

With the picture I think the actual quote was "Dad, take a picture of this!"
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 10-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #139
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Turkey dinners are awesome!

I just got all caught up and I'M sorry Declan's lanyard was never found.
It was so nice of Molly to do something to cheer him up.
I hope he didn't loose any pins that were his favorites. Poor little guy.
I wish I had one of those Year of a Million Dreams lanyards to give him.

We had two incidents where we had items returned on this past trip.
My DMom left her purse the first day in a cab & she set her camera down in the food court on another day.
I was so thankful and relieved that someone was so kind as to turn both of these in and not keep them. Thank heavens! Loosing all those pics would have been aweful.
I wish you had a more thoughtful person find his lanyard.

We enjoyed SeaWorld and I agree that it isn't Disney but it was worth seeing.
We had a different Mime but he was just as funny.
Didn't do Manta or Kraken but we all went on Journey to Atlantis once. And that will be fine for me.
The feeding stations were fun and I was happy Lexi and I got to feed the dolphins.
You were right the food wasn't special. I loved the slush though! LOL
The shows are fantastic!

We had lunch at Yak n' Yetti for the first time too. We sat upstairs and the place was full of very cool and authentic details.
My DMom loved her salmon but Lexi and I didn't care much for our meals.

I was surprized to see the check in at 'Ohana was moved too.
Loved our meal there as always!
I even tried the infamous Lapu Lapu...that is one very strong cocktail. Whew!

Warthog! Too funny! What a magical moment to be picked!
They must stick all us Canadians there cause we were in that section too. LOL

I enjoyed looking at your pics...brings back happy memories of not so long ago.
Welcome back, glad you had a great trip.

Don't worry about the lanyard, Pooksma and I still have ours but he did lose a couple of really cool pins.

Pooksma and I ate the Yak & Yeti on the trip we don't talk about. We were seated upstairs by a window overlooking the park. It was a much better seat.

Glad you got your stuff back. It is a terrible feeling when you lose things on vacation.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 10-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #140
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
You totally scored on those seats for FOTLK! My favorite show hands down ever on property, I can't get enough of it!!

Bad enough Declan was feeling bad but for the string thing not to work

Those seats were fantastic and it is our favourite show to boot. It pays to strike up a conversation with the CMs.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 10-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #141
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Real life update.

Our little football player ended his season a little prematurely last night. he will be in a cast with a broken arm for 6 weeks. I am home with him today and other than a bright orange cast from his hand to just above his elbow, he seems pretty normal. No pain and he hasn't stopped eating since we got up.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 10-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #142
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR. We were there almost the same time 17-20 HRH at Universal and 21-28 at the Poly well ended up being the 30th thanks to hurricane Irene!!!
My DS had a very similiar problem to your DS. He forgot his favorite Red Sox hat on BTMR. I went back to check and no hat. CM told me to check at City hall on way out- No hat. The City Hall CM told us it may have been sent to Lost and Found at TTC. We were staying at the Poly so the next day DS and I took a walk over there not expecting it to really be there. I prepared DS so he wouldn't be too disappointed. But it WAS there!!! I couldn't believe it! It was a good day
Can't wait to read more.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #143
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Real life update.

Our little football player ended his season a little prematurely last night. he will be in a cast with a broken arm for 6 weeks. I am home with him today and other than a bright orange cast from his hand to just above his elbow, he seems pretty normal. No pain and he hasn't stopped eating since we got up.
Sorry to hear about his broken arm. My DS's friend broke his leg last year playing football. My younger DS can't wait to play football!! (neither can DH lol) We won't let him until 7th grade b/c he plays hockey and they are both demanding sports. Now he would have to play pop warner (practices and games on weekends) and it would conflict too much with hockey. In middle school-practices and games are right after school so he would be able to do both
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #144
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I just found your TR. We were there almost the same time 17-20 HRH at Universal and 21-28 at the Poly well ended up being the 30th thanks to hurricane Irene!!!
My DS had a very similiar problem to your DS. He forgot his favorite Red Sox hat on BTMR. I went back to check and no hat. CM told me to check at City hall on way out- No hat. The City Hall CM told us it may have been sent to Lost and Found at TTC. We were staying at the Poly so the next day DS and I took a walk over there not expecting it to really be there. I prepared DS so he wouldn't be too disappointed. But it WAS there!!! I couldn't believe it! It was a good day
Can't wait to read more.

Welcome!!

We called Lost and Found a couple of days later but no luck. I'm jealous about your Poly stay. We had three days there a few years ago and thought is was a great resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Sorry to hear about his broken arm. My DS's friend broke his leg last year playing football. My younger DS can't wait to play football!! (neither can DH lol) We won't let him until 7th grade b/c he plays hockey and they are both demanding sports. Now he would have to play pop warner (practices and games on weekends) and it would conflict too much with hockey. In middle school-practices and games are right after school so he would be able to do both
We had a few conflicts with basketball but we don't have to worry about that now. At least until after Christmas when soccer starts again.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 10-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #145
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Hope you recover fast Declan! Take Care!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #146
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post

Hope you recover fast Declan! Take Care!

Don't worry, he's working it.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 10-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #147
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Ahem- Queen has already posted about our DisMeet...just sayin'
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #148
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

I see Pooksma is playing our little game again to get things moving along.

-------------------------------

August 23

Today was going to be a slow day but I still managed to take over 170 photos. Man what did we do before digital photography!

We slept in a bit, had some breakfast in the room while checking the latest weather updates on the hurricane. She was still forecast to be 100 miles offshore with the edge coming close to Orlando. I also started checking with Delta to see if they were making any flight changes. So far everything was still good.

We decided to spend the morning at DTD and do a bit of shopping and grab some lunch before returning to POFQ. Our evening was going to be at EPCOT with a real first at Marakesh.

I should step back and explain some of theses "firsts" I keep referring to for some of the readers who may be new to our reports. In 2008, Pooksma and I took an adults only trip to WDW. WE didn't tell Declan we were going and he still doesn't know. We plan to tell him when he gets married. So some of first times are not really first times.

We took a boat to DTD and wandered around for a bit. I think the only real shopping was some pins and an Ireland rugby shirt.

waiting for the boat.

Along the way

wandering around

We decided on Cookes of Dublin for lunch. It was very good and you didn't go hungry. Pretty much everything was deep fried, including the hamburgers? Not a place for the cholesterol-challenged.

After lunch we started to head back to the boat dock.

Continued in next post.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #149
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

While waiting for the boat we found out about the earthquake on the East Coast. When we got back to the room we checked out CNN and found out it was felt all the way up here. Later Pooksma was speaking with her Dad and they were watching the reports of some of the government buildings in our downtown swaying back and forth. We have the odd small shake around here but nothing like that.

Soon we were on our way back to POFQ.

Back at the resort our time was spent relaxing, checking the weather home, swimming and trying to get the string thing to work (with no success).

We headed to EPCOT around 6 but I stopped at the Concierge desk to see what our options were to return the broken string thing that was purchased at a kiosk and with no receipt. I was told to bring it to them and they would send a runner in the morning to exchange it. Score!

At EPCOT we headed to the WS through Canada. Yea for Home!!!

Oh and it rained a bit.

We checked in the UK for a soccer for Declan. He decide he wanted the Manchester United jersey that we would pick up later in the week. Headed into France.

There may have been a Grey Goose slushie stop at this point. and headed in Morocco.

I think Declan took those last couple of pictures.

We headed back to check in for the ADR and stood in line with some more rude people and some people who didn't understand the concept of personal space. We checked in and waited probably 20 minutes past our booked time. The waiting area was very crowded and they don't use the buzzers here.

The restaurant it self was one big room with two levels (higher on each side). The staff was very friendly and it was quick. We all ended up with the same thing, chicken kabobs with olive salad and couscous. It was excellent.

Declan grabbed the camera again.

Our server

After a great meal we opted for a few rides while everyone else waited for Illuminations. We hit Test Track, Mission Space (well Declan and I did) and Soarin.

MS was a walk on, TT was about 15 minutes and Soarin was the typical 40 to 60 minutes in the most boring queue there is. We also ran into a family with two boys who were way to tired to still be in the park. Started with a melt-down followed by the grand mother deciding she would carry one past the people in line. Luckily the grand father and others were not going to follow and asked her to come back. She wouldn't but it didn't get her any further ahead because she had to wait for them once we got past the first gate.

Back at the resort I took the string thing to the front desk but the concierge desk was closed and the CM at the check-in desk had no idea what I was talking about. I decided I would try again in the morning but in the meantime I wanted a few night-time pictures from POFQ.

Up next, a longer day at DHS than expected and a Dis Meet for diner. Stay tuned

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 10-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #150
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I see Pooksma is playing our little game again to get things moving along.
Nicely done Pooksma!

Looks like some fun at DTD and Epcot.

Declan should take more pictures.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: