Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #91
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,980
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
When we first started talking about a Tennessee meet, Kevin very kindly tried to make a contact with Gaylord through the Gaylord Palms but got no where. I wouldn't give up completely on the Opryland but I'm not holding my breath, either.
I called Opryland and got NO WHERE.

I asked about them donating a meeting room for GKTW.

I was told to submit a form and someone from the charity committee would get back to me sometime.

I tried calling Gaylord Palms in Orlando to see if they could provide me with a contact name.

I left three messages and no one has ever called me back.

I gave up.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #92
luckybrew
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
I called Opryland and got NO WHERE.

I asked about them donating a meeting room for GKTW.

I was told to submit a form and someone from the charity committee would get back to me sometime.

I tried calling Gaylord Palms in Orlando to see if they could provide me with a contact name.

I left three messages and no one has ever called me back.

I gave up.
Thanks for trting Kevin. Unless you have a six digit budget, those folks are tough to deal with. I think Gaylord Nashville was mostly mentioned as a place to stay as opposed to a place to have an event / meet. My Mom is currently with the folks at the Nashville Zoo or Chaffin's Barn (dinner theater) to host the event. I will keep everyone informed..
Please message me if you have ideas, donations or connections. Thanks.
luckybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #93
poohj80
Got Hunny?
 
poohj80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 5,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybrew View Post
Thanks for trting Kevin. Unless you have a six digit budget, those folks are tough to deal with. I think Gaylord Nashville was mostly mentioned as a place to stay as opposed to a place to have an event / meet. My Mom is currently with the folks at the Nashville Zoo or Chaffin's Barn (dinner theater) to host the event. I will keep everyone informed..
Please message me if you have ideas, donations or connections. Thanks.
The Zoo would be cool as we have never been (sad to say) so would give us an excuse to finally get there!
__________________

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #94
Mississippianna
Still loving Disney World like a 6-year-old
 
Mississippianna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 865

This is really happening! How great! My birthday is 2/24, so I'll tell DH I want a trip to Nashville for my birthday! It'll be the 2 of us, and maybe DD (age 4), too. We live in North Mississippi, and would also need a hotel. It would be great, once a venue is booked, if someone could arrange a group rate at a nearby hotel. I'm not at all familiar with the city, so I can't help there. Surely we'd have enough of us coming from out of town to merit a group rate somewhere. Thank you, Nashville peeps, for organizing!
__________________
Me DH DD5
October 2006: AKL, February 2009: CBR, February 2010: Polynesian, December 2010: POFQ, November 2011: Beach Club, May 2012: All Star Movies, October 2012: CBR
Mississippianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #95
luckybrew
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippianna View Post
This is really happening! How great! My birthday is 2/24, so I'll tell DH I want a trip to Nashville for my birthday! It'll be the 2 of us, and maybe DD (age 4), too. We live in North Mississippi, and would also need a hotel. It would be great, once a venue is booked, if someone could arrange a group rate at a nearby hotel. I'm not at all familiar with the city, so I can't help there. Surely we'd have enough of us coming from out of town to merit a group rate somewhere. Thank you, Nashville peeps, for organizing!
Glad to see the excitement! We are stoked to be doing this but I need some help planning, getting doantions and organizing this. Please get in touch with me if you are in the Nashville area! Thanks.

As for rooms, I have looked into this and every respectable hotel that I contact wants me to secure a block of rooms. They want me to sign a contract and I'm just not comfortable with that.
luckybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #96
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran
 
mdvlprof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Near Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,289

Since hotels want a contract signed -
Perhaps once we have a venue, and know which hotels are closest, those of us from out-of-town can all book at the same place. Someplace not tooo expensive.
__________________
I guess I need to plan another Disney trip....

MK [EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13Indy DIS 9/14PCC DCL/WDW11/14
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #97
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvlprof View Post
Since hotels want a contract signed -
Perhaps once we have a venue, and know which hotels are closest, those of us from out-of-town can all book at the same place. Someplace not tooo expensive.
This makes sense to me. It isn't as if February in Nashville is the vacation spot of the universe.
__________________
Jack
jcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #98
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!
 
lttlmc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,351

Okay, I'm so on board with this. I'm sorry for being out of the loop, but life has gotten in the way. What can I do to help?
lttlmc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #99
poohj80
Got Hunny?
 
poohj80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 5,790

Since many of us are not from Nashville, wondering what ya thought about asking for donations from places outside of Nashville? Do you think there would be much interest? For an example, I was thinking of a asking the US Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville if they would donate a day package for a family.
__________________

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #100
luckybrew
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by lttlmc3 View Post
Okay, I'm so on board with this. I'm sorry for being out of the loop, but life has gotten in the way. What can I do to help?


AWESOME! We need to meet up soon to bounce around some ideas. So glad you are my neighbor and on board!
luckybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #101
luckybrew
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
Since many of us are not from Nashville, wondering what ya thought about asking for donations from places outside of Nashville? Do you think there would be much interest? For an example, I was thinking of a asking the US Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville if they would donate a day package for a family.

I think this is a GREAT idea! We also need some DISers on board from areas as such.
Bowling Green, Huntsville, Ietc...
luckybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #102
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer
 
Minnie_Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 804 miles from Magic Kingdom
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybrew View Post
We have decided on Saturday, February 18th, 2012. More details will come asap! Please contact me if you are willing to help organize, gather donations, etc.

So far I have a few items being donated for the silent auction including:
* "MouseJunkies" books donated by author, Bill Burke.
* Several handmade Disney inspired art pieces by some amazing artists I have the pleasure of knowing.
* Print by Kathy Werling.

Thanks to everyone who has stepped up to the plate so far including Kathy from the DisUnplugged for donating a print today!

Pete, Got anything lying around on the pool table? LOL
Awww, man! This thread had nothing going on and I go to WDW and miss everything! I am so disappointed. My cousin is getting married on 02/18, so I will not be able to make it to the meet. So sad, I was really looking foward to getting to be involved in this meet!
__________________

DS's 1st birthday celebration at POFQ: October 2008 l Thanksgiving at CSR: November 2009 l DD's 1st birthday celebration on Land & Sea: September 2010 l DS's 4th birthday extravaganza at CSR: October 2011 l Thanksgiving at Pop Century: November 2012 l Princess Half Marathon at CSR: Feb 2013 l
Disney in December at POR: December 2013
Minnie_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #103
katcarter
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 29

I would by pass the Opryland Hotel! It may be better after the floods and the 'renovation' work they did due to the floods. But I stay there a few years ago and found it old nasty and poor pluming.
You may contact the Drury Inn located very close to the Nashville Airport --- they have convention rooms! Very nice hotel change. The actual company is based out of a town only 1 hour north of me and we always stay with them when traveling. They have free wi-fi and free finger foods at night and free drink cards. They also have free hot breakfast!

I may have a contact with Drury if people are interested?

Can not wait!!!

Kathy
katcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #104
poohj80
Got Hunny?
 
poohj80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 5,790

I've heard really good things from folks who have hosted events at the Hotel Preston in the same area as well.

http://www.hotelpreston.com/
__________________

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #105
luckybrew
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 61

Exclamation

Well folks. I got word late last night that we have the OK for an AWESOME venue. We might have to change the date to accommodate to their schedule. It is an AMAZING venue and everyone will love it!

As soon as I finalize the details I will let everyone know!

Would a change in date be a problem with anyone? I'm not sure if we have to change the date as of yet. Just thought I would ask you guys just in case,,,
luckybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: