Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #376
cinderella73
I stand for strollers at wdw and peanut free schools!

Does anyone know what times the boats start running in the morning and til how late at night ? Also how long it is inbetween them? Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #377
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella73 View Post
Does anyone know what times the boats start running in the morning and til how late at night ? Also how long it is inbetween them? Thanks
Not sure if this is correct, but I think they run at least an hour prior to the MK opening....and you shouldn't have to wait any more than 20 minutes. Hope this helps.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #378
princess fan
Earning My Ears

Does Disney have a hurricane policy for bad weather?

Was I reading something about Disney's hurricane policy? It seems like Tropical Storm Irene is planning on joining us on our trip

Old 08-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #379
cinderella73
I stand for strollers at wdw and peanut free schools!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Not sure if this is correct, but I think they run at least an hour prior to the MK opening....and you shouldn't have to wait any more than 20 minutes. Hope this helps.
Sounds great. Thanks! We have a car but I think I will enjoy just taking the boat over a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess fan View Post
Was I reading something about Disney's hurricane policy? It seems like Tropical Storm Irene is planning on joining us on our trip
I am curious. I dont think they usually clear out the campgrounds when its a tropical storm do they? I know they have for a hurricane. Thats my one fear over staying there. I dont want to be moved.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #380
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Do the cabins have Internet access? If so, is it wireless?
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Old 08-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #381
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
They do have internet access but not wireless in the living room area. As of right now, there aren't any rooms on Disney property that have wireless.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #382
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Wireless isn't available for the cabins, however, high speed cable internet is.

Cabins and Preferred campsites can rent a cable modem kit to have high speed Internet access. A Local Area Network (LAN) cable is required. The necessary modem kit is rented at the Front Desk in the Outpost. A $125 refundable deposit is required and the kits should be reserved in advance or will most likely not be available. Cost is $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours.

http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm
Old 09-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #383
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what hours the Meadow Trading Post is open? I will be there mid November!

TIA,
SarahMay

Old 10-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #384
Lisa0620
Mouseketeer

refurb?

Are there any rumours about when the cabins will next be refurbed? We would stay there in a hearbeat if they would add a queen bed like they have in some of the other moderates... even if it was a Murphy bed
Old 10-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #385
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Lisa0620; The cabins were refurbished in 08 so not sure how long before it's done again. A queen might fit in the bedroom - but would be extremely tight. And the murphy bed would possibly require a lot of work. The bed frame, cabinets are all built-in, thus expanding might require reframing the windows.

I will be say from personal experience that between staying pre-furb 07 and post-furb 08 there wasn't a huge difference; just fabrics/some furniture - possible the carpet which appeared to look like the same wooly plaid. The walls/flooring are wood so no changes there and everything else remained the same.

Also wanted to share since we were there last week - 32" flat screens have been installed. Not sure how recent these were done, but they appeared brand new. That was a nice surprise upon returning. And the cabin was nice and clean. I'll try to post pics later.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:26 AM   #386
GinnyBear's_mom
I say we start with dessert & go backwards; its been a backwards kind of day

We have an 8:05am ADR at Crystal Palace on a day when MK opens at 9. We are planning on leaving the cabins at 7am to catch the bus to the marina but will the boats be running around 7:30am? If not, how can we get to our ADR on time?

|October '14 Grand Floridian| September '14 ASMo| August '13 Sheraton Vistana Villages| October '11 FWR Cabins| August '09 offsite|July '09 offsite |July '07 CSR| March '95 DL| June '83 Poly
Old 10-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #387
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyBear's_mom View Post
We have an 8:05am ADR at Crystal Palace on a day when MK opens at 9. We are planning on leaving the cabins at 7am to catch the bus to the marina but will the boats be running around 7:30am? If not, how can we get to our ADR on time?
During our trip, the boats ran 30 min prior to opening. I was a bit shocked since it used to be 1 hr.

Your only options are the internal-to-external buses or a cab.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #388
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyBear's_mom View Post
IIRC the loop to the Contemporary starts very early, like 6:30ish. We took that one to get to an early tour at the MK. The MK boat doesn't start running until 8 or 8:30 so it isn't good for pre-park opening meals or tours, but if you don't want to take the bus you can hop the boat to the Contemporary and walk from there.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #389
GinnyBear's_mom
I say we start with dessert & go backwards; its been a backwards kind of day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
IIRC the loop to the Contemporary starts very early, like 6:30ish. We took that one to get to an early tour at the MK. The MK boat doesn't start running until 8 or 8:30 so it isn't good for pre-park opening meals or tours, but if you don't want to take the bus you can hop the boat to the Contemporary and walk from there.
Thanks so much- I think taking the Contemporary boat and walking to MK might beat taking the bus!

|October '14 Grand Floridian| September '14 ASMo| August '13 Sheraton Vistana Villages| October '11 FWR Cabins| August '09 offsite|July '09 offsite |July '07 CSR| March '95 DL| June '83 Poly
Old 10-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #390
dato63
DIS Veteran

Okay, I know these questions may hit someone as really silly/stupid - but I'm just trying to figure this out.

Has anyone ever stayed in the cabins that flew & took Magical Express to get there?

We love FW Cabins. Just love them. In the past we would drive, and bring our own golf cart with us. But my DH no longer wants to drive. I'm just curious how people that might fly in get their luggage to their cabins. Do you use the internal bus system to haul your luggage there?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: