Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #76
luckybrew
Earning My Ears

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
I'm in Jefferson City about 45 min north of Knoxville. I would love to come if I can work it out. Maybe I am missing something but where is it going to be? I saw the date, but not where.
We have a location in Hendersonville TN but we are working on one of two AMAZING spaces in Nashville TN. Either way, Nashville and Hendersonville are only about 15 minutes apart from one another. That being said, just plan on the Nashville TN area.
luckybrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #77
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybrew View Post
We have a location in Hendersonville TN but we are working on one of two AMAZING spaces in Nashville TN. Either way, Nashville and Hendersonville are only about 15 minutes apart from one another. That being said, just plan on the Nashville TN area.
Ok, Nashville area is great for us.
I am leaving on a Disney Dream cruise next weekend. I might try to pick up something ship exclusive that could be used in a silent auction if I see something that strikes my fancy. Do you think that would be a good item? I'll also try to think of some other ideas.
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #78
luckybrew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Ok, Nashville area is great for us.
I am leaving on a Disney Dream cruise next weekend. I might try to pick up something ship exclusive that could be used in a silent auction if I see something that strikes my fancy. Do you think that would be a good item? I'll also try to think of some other ideas.
This sounds like a GREAT idea! I have never been on a cruise so i may have to bid on something too! ;0)
Old 10-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #79
luckybrew
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Donation from Kevin and John

I just received a message from Kevin.
He and John would like to donate:

A Dining Review with John and Kevin

There are a few restrictions that go along with this donation.

*It is for two people plus Kevin and John (total 4 people).

*It can be scheduled for the next time the high bidder is in Disney World.

* They are really flexible with their schedule, unless they are going to be out of town.

* The winner can choose the restaurant, except Victoria and Albert's. V&A require a suit and John and Kevin don't own a suit and don't want to have to buy one to go to dinner.

* There has to be a minimum bid of $300.
(These dinners can get pricey and John pays for them. If the bid is less than $300, it makes more sense for them to just donate the money to GKTW.)

This is an AWESOME "item" !
Thank you John and Kevin for the donation and great idea!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #80
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Quote:
I just received a message from Kevin.
He and John would like to donate:

A Dining Review with John and Kevin

There are a few restrictions that go along with this donation.

*It is for two people plus Kevin and John (total 4 people).

*It can be scheduled for the next time the high bidder is in Disney World.

* They are really flexible with their schedule, unless they are going to be out of town.

* The winner can choose the restaurant, except Victoria and Albert's. V&A require a suit and John and Kevin don't own a suit and don't want to have to buy one to go to dinner.

* There has to be a minimum bid of $300.
(These dinners can get pricey and John pays for them. If the bid is less than $300, it makes more sense for them to just donate the money to GKTW.)

This is an AWESOME "item" !
Thank you John and Kevin for the donation and great idea!
Love this idea!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #81
katcarter
Earning My Ears

I live about 3 hours away in southeast Mo. I will be there weather permitting. Please update the time and place so I can make room reservations. I am very excited that a meet for GKTW will be close enough for me to attend!
Kathy
katcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #82
AWHOFAN
Mouseketeer

Gaylord Opryland Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by katcarter View Post
I live about 3 hours away in southeast Mo. I will be there weather permitting. Please update the time and place so I can make room reservations. I am very excited that a meet for GKTW will be close enough for me to attend!

Kathy
I have "nothing" to do with this hotel but you may want to check the Gaylord Opryland Nashville. Its like the one they talk about on the DIS in Orlando. If nothing else it worth walking around, its about as close as Nashville will get to a Disney Hotels. Worth checking out at night.
2014 WDW / 2013 July, IOA, Universal Studios, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT / 2012 Oct, WDW / 2012 Aug, DisneyLAND / 2012 May, Air Force Reunion Caribbean Beach / 2011Dec, MVMCP Coronado Springs / 2011 June, Marceline MO Walt Disney's Child Hometown / March 6th 2011 DREAM Cruise / 2011 March Port Orleans Riverside / 2009 Disney's California / 2008 PARIS Disney / 2007 Animal Kingdom / 2006 DisneyLAND / 2005 MGM /1998 Honeymoon, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, MGM / Magic Kingdom 1994, 1987,1986,1985,1974. / 1983 EPCOT First six months of opening. DisneyLAND 1972, 1971, 1970, 1969, 1967. / 1991,Tivoligardens Denmark.
AWHOFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #83
AWHOFAN
Mouseketeer

We will be there. It should be a lot of fun.

We will be there. It should be a lot of fun. Two adults, one five year old.
2014 WDW / 2013 July, IOA, Universal Studios, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT / 2012 Oct, WDW / 2012 Aug, DisneyLAND / 2012 May, Air Force Reunion Caribbean Beach / 2011Dec, MVMCP Coronado Springs / 2011 June, Marceline MO Walt Disney's Child Hometown / March 6th 2011 DREAM Cruise / 2011 March Port Orleans Riverside / 2009 Disney's California / 2008 PARIS Disney / 2007 Animal Kingdom / 2006 DisneyLAND / 2005 MGM /1998 Honeymoon, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, MGM / Magic Kingdom 1994, 1987,1986,1985,1974. / 1983 EPCOT First six months of opening. DisneyLAND 1972, 1971, 1970, 1969, 1967. / 1991,Tivoligardens Denmark.
AWHOFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #84
luckybrew
Earning My Ears

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWHOFAN View Post
I have "nothing" to do with this hotel but you may want to check the Gaylord Opryland Nashville. Its like the one they talk about on the DIS in Orlando. If nothing else it worth walking around, its about as close as Nashville will get to a Disney Hotels. Worth checking out at night.
My wife and I have stayed there for a weekend "get-a-way"! It's magnificent! Very Disney-like.
And just an fyi, travel agents get half off!

Pete, This should me motivation for you to come to the meet! ;0)
Old 10-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #85
luckybrew
Earning My Ears

Post Nashville symphony auction donation

Auction items are starting to show up at our door step! YAY!

This is a donation made by the Nashville Symphony!

FOUR tickets to attend The Pied Piper Concert at the Nashville Symphony Schermerhorn Symphony Center on Saturday April 14th, 2012!

AWESOME donation for the silent auction!

BTW: The Symphony Center had catostrophic flooding during May 2010s Nashville floods. This is truly a gift on many levels as they are still standing and have rebuilt from last years devistation. Its nice to know that they are able to donate such a nice item to attend a true place in Nashville history!! I'm sure if we ask nicely one could get a tour of the once flooded areas... maybe...

Last edited by luckybrew; 10-15-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: addition to description...
Old 10-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #86
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Auction items are starting to show up at our door step! YAY!

This is a donation made by the Nashville Symphony!

FOUR tickets to attend The Pied Piper Concert at the Nashville Symphony Schermerhorn Symphony Center on Saturday April 14th, 2012!

AWESOME donation for the silent auction!
Very cool! Good job!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #87
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

I will be there weather permitting. Please update the time and place so I can make room reservations.

Currently, it will be Me, DH, DS-21, DD-20. DD knows some Japanese and can do 'tatoos', bookmarks, etc.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #88
lodgelady
DIS Veteran

Yay!

I am so excited for a meet in Nashville. I think the Gaylord is a wonderful idea, although it is an expensive place to meet. If we had an idea of how many people would be there we could perhaps order lunch from them and get a meeting room for free? I would be glad to call if you think this is a good option.

lodgelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #89
poohj80
Got Hunny?

I agree the Gaylord may be expensive to rent unless someone has a contact. The less money we spend on this event, the more we'll have for GKTW.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #90
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

When we first started talking about a Tennessee meet, Kevin very kindly tried to make a contact with Gaylord through the Gaylord Palms but got no where. I wouldn't give up completely on the Opryland but I'm not holding my breath, either.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: