Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
CarolineMallika
Earning My Ears

Disney Wonder sailing this weekend

I have a few questions! We are going on the 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Disney Wonder.

1. Are there refrigerators in the room? We are carrying on our own alcohol to help off-set the cost.

2. Dress code for dinners? I know there is a formal and semi-formal night so I want to make sure I pack correctly. I can't find the itinerary for this cruise.

3. My husband is using a cane because of an injury, should I fill out the disability form?

4. Do we have to present the credit card on checking in? Or is it just based off the information we entered?

Thanks in advance for the help!
CarolineMallika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineMallika View Post
I have a few questions! We are going on the 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Disney Wonder.

1. Are there refrigerators in the room? We are carrying on our own alcohol to help off-set the cost.

2. Dress code for dinners? I know there is a formal and semi-formal night so I want to make sure I pack correctly. I can't find the itinerary for this cruise.

3. My husband is using a cane because of an injury, should I fill out the disability form?

4. Do we have to present the credit card on checking in? Or is it just based off the information we entered?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Welcome to the cruise board!!!

On the Magic/Wonder there are cooling boxes, which are actually former minibars. They can be hit or miss with how cold they keep things. We have had good luck and they chilled down our wine fine.

I do not have experience with filling out the disability form but I would think if he does not need special assistance with anything then you may not have to fill it out but I am sure someone will post if they think he should.

You will present your physical credit card at the terminal when checking in. You will also present your passports.

All 7 night cruises have a formal and semi-form night. Other nights would be a pirate night and the other nights would be cruise casual.

Have a great cruise!!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
samily
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the DIS! We did the MR cruise in Feb. and will be doing it again this coming Feb.

Here is DCL's suggestion for dressing for dinner:

On 7-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Dress code at Palo on all cruises:

Men: dress pants and shirt or jacket
Women: dress or pantsuit
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

On pirate night some people wear pirate costumes or tropical dress, others just do cruise casual.

Regarding the cooling boxes, we've found if the temp isn't cool enough, if we keep a bag of ice in there, it brings the temp down.

Not sure on the disability form for your DH. I agree with MJ, if he doesn't require any extra assistance, I probably wouldn't bother filling it out, but if he may need extra assistance getting to the muster station, etc. it couldn't hurt....

Enjoy your cruise!
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
miry
Mouseketeer

if you want to see specfic itinerary information your best bet is to click on the mexican riviera sticky at the top of the cruise board. It has navigators in it from recent mr cruises and you can see a the details for each day there.

Disneyland 1978 Disneyland 1982 Disneyland 2002 Disneyland 2003 Polynesian 2005 All Star Movies 2006 Disneyland 2007 Port Orleans Riverside 2008 Wonder Bahamas 2008 Caribbean Beach 2009 Pop Century 2010 Magic Western Caribbean 2010 Disneyland 2011 Wonder Mexican Riviera 2011 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
miry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
luv that cruise
Someone give me instructions as if i were a first grader!

My in room cooler tip is to bring a box of quart sized freezer baggies. Fill 2 with ice from the drink station (use a drink station cup to put ice into the bags - for cleanliness reasons disney frowns on using personal items at the drink stations). Double bag in case of leakage and put them in you cooler. We've found that replacing the ice in the afternoon keeps drinks at a consistently nice temperature. Your stateroom attendant will also bring ice on request.

Dinner attire. You will see all different kinds of attire. After years of bringing the perfect outfit and accessories and shoes I have simplified to a black skirt, black pants, comfortable shoes and different tops & jackets that I mix & match.

Others tips - clothes pins to hang bathing suits. an over the door hanging shoe bag with clear pockets. - can use it in the bathroom to keep your personal items. I hang mine on the outside of the door and put papers (navigators, flyers, etc), receipts, pens & hilighters, post-it notes, kids arcade cards, etc. There is a lot of stuff that accumulates over 7 days. I always bring an extension cord so I can have electricity where I need it. I travel with a small table top fan as sometimes the rooms get a little warm. When i remember I've brought a small magnetic dry erase board where we can leave messages for one another.

Have fun on your cruise!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
CarolineMallika
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all the tips everyone!
CarolineMallika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alcohol, disability, stateroom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: