Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
lbonnell
Earning My Ears

Cheap and easy transportation

We went on the Dream on 9/25/11 and I searched all around for cheap transportation. We had a large group - 6 adults and 2 kids - with lots of luggage so renting a car was very expensive. Plus then you have to pay for parking at the port.

I found the best deal with Alexis Shuttle from Cocoa Beach. They picked up our group of 8 at the airport and took us to our hotel for $100. It was our own private transportation so they didn't have to make any other stops, and this was a lot cheaper than any of the other transportation options I found on the Disney Cruise tips websites. Disney shuttles charge $70/person!

BTW, I told this to a friend of mine who's going on the same cruise this month. She said Disney transportation was free. I told her to double-check and she found out they were charging her, but she didn't know it b/c it was included in the price she paid. But she could cancel the transportation part and get reimbursed the amount.

With Alexis Shuttle, the $100 price included picking us up the next day and taking us to the port, then picking us up at the port and bringing us back to our hotel in Cocoa Beach (a 15-minute drive from port to hotel).

Our driver also gave us great information about restaurants in the area and said to call him if we needed a ride to one. We decided to go out to eat and called him, and he was wonderful! He waited outside the restaurant for us to be done, and said to pay him whatever we thought it was worth. I think we gave him $40 or so. (divided among our group, it was cheaper than a cab!)

Then we paid $100 for them to bring us all back to the airport on the last day. He didn't require a tip but we included a 20% tip, of course. Oh, and they provided us with a car seat and a booster seat at no extra charge!

I would highly recommend this service. They were right on time, friendly, and gave us great tips. I found them on the website for Cocoa Beach, but they can be reached at 321-863-4095.

They also work with AAA Coast to Coast at 321-412-1684. They share jobs when they have too much work and charge the same amount.
lbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, port, transportation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: