Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #31
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

So I have to pop in and confirm that this morning my DF and I ordered the champagne glasses that were found by DoomBuggy092. Thank you so much for finding those again, they are exactly what I was looking for! I can't believe they're called Casablanca champagne glasses and everything, so amazing!

Here's a picture, because after all, they're going to be mine pretty soon!

Here's looking at you kid.

They are a set of four, so we are definitely going to be using these as our toasting glasses and as soon as I get my cake topper, I'll be testing out all kinds of arrangements to see if it will also work the way I envision it. I'm so happy and excited!

I'm going to probably look into getting them engraved or etched or something with our names and date. This is like my first official wedding purchase... It really feels like this is happening now!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM

Last edited by LittleKittyMarie; 09-24-2011 at 02:46 PM.
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #32
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

I am so glad I could help! They are quite classy and I love them My MOH and I have decided that I should major in online shopping. Congratulations on making your first wedding purchase!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #33
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

I felt the same way when i bought my dress, like this is really happening!!! I think the 1930's & 40's theme/feel is so classy... i luv it
Old 09-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #34
fromscratchmom
Mouseketeer

Uh-oh. You people have gotten me browsing etsy. I think I'm heading into dangerous territory!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #35
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Just found your PJ!! Love love love your Casablanca plans-- so fun and unique!

And, all of your rings are gorgeous! Your story is so sweet.

Congrats! Can't wait to read more!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #36
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

So glad you are doing a movie theme wedding. Mine is going to have some definite star wars ness to it for sure!

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:03 PM   #37
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
I am so glad I could help! They are quite classy and I love them My MOH and I have decided that I should major in online shopping. Congratulations on making your first wedding purchase!
Thank you again so much! You are definitely talented at online searching, I swear I looked online so much before and I couldn't find anything! I need to definitely work on my own online shopping skills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
I felt the same way when i bought my dress, like this is really happening!!! I think the 1930's & 40's theme/feel is so classy... i luv it
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromscratchmom View Post
Uh-oh. You people have gotten me browsing etsy. I think I'm heading into dangerous territory!
Oh it is definitely dangerous! But so, so fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Just found your PJ!! Love love love your Casablanca plans-- so fun and unique!

And, all of your rings are gorgeous! Your story is so sweet.

Congrats! Can't wait to read more!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
So glad you are doing a movie theme wedding. Mine is going to have some definite star wars ness to it for sure!

Teresa
Thank you! Your wedding plans sound super fun too, I also love Star Wars!

So I feel like I finally get to come back on after a two week, or so, hiatus. It has been a very rough last few weeks. I'm not sure if I mentioned this explicitly, but I am away at school in another province, so my DF (and the rest of my family) are all back home in Ontario, and I'm out in Nova Scotia. Two weekends ago I was busy visiting home to attend DF's cousin's wedding. It was really beautiful and sweet, and I think there were a couple things they did that I definitely want to add to my wedding now! (As a side note, one thing I loved was they had named their tables after places they'd visited together, and of course they had a Disney World table!)

The weekend that just passed my DF came out to visit me. It was/is Canadian Thanksgiving, and I was stuck at school working on a play , so he came to spend time with me since I couldn't leave! Unfortunately he left a couple hours ago, so I'm back to feeling a little down. Thank goodness for the DIS!

Anyway, my champagne glasses arrived and they look lovely. Technically I haven't seen them in person, because they're at DF's house, but I'm going to have him send me a photo later on! So exciting!

I'm working on another update, which I hope I can manage to get up today before jumping back into another busy week!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #38
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Invitations and Save-the-Date Ideas, and Wedding Colour Palette

There are not a ton of opportunities for do-it-yourself projects in a totally in-park wedding at Disney, unfortunately. One big one that I can definitely work on, however, is the invitations.

Iíve actually gone back and forth a lot about what I want these to look like and what I think I need them to convey to our guests. Obviously there is a lot more information that needs to be given for a destination wedding, and arguably, yet more for a Disney World wedding. So I kept going back and forth between:

1. Very informative invitations and no STD/simple STD
2. More informative save the dates and a simple formal invitation
3. Simple formal STDs and invitations, and informative newsletters

So many combinations, so many options. I think my DF and I have finally decided to go with simple STDs sent out very early, invitations around the one-year mark once everything is confirmed with DFTW, and then newsletters as necessary to fill in any gaps.

Save-the-Dates:
For our save the dates, were going to do a simple card with ourselves as Disney caricatures, the date and of course, that it will be at WDW. My DF is working on putting these together, and I actually havenít seen any of the work he has done on them yet. But Iíve been pushing him to send me more regular updates. :P

Invitations:
Now, back to the invitations. While looking at invitation ideas on the internet I found a couple amazing links to ďbookĒ style invitations Ė handmade and bound books that include all the details. I really, really loved the idea the instant I saw them. They are of course a lot of work, and probably not the most cost effective invitation out there, but it would a huge project that my DF and I thought could take a very long time in those early months of waiting for some actual planning to begin.

Source: http://ohsobeautifulpaper.com/2011/0...g-invitations/

Source: http://www.merrimentdesign.com/smyth...ation-book.php

What I am hoping to achieve from this project is a little hard cover bound book, with all the details about how we met and got engaged, the formal details and schedule, and then a few basic ideas about travel and expenses, that way all the info would be in one convenient location, and hopefully it would be harder to misplace a whole book than a single invitation card. I can hope anyway!

Also, I was thinking there are a couple of people who I already know wonít be attending the wedding who might actually like to have something like this as a keepsake (my grandmother, for example, who defintely can't travel the distance). Anyway, weíre going to be making one invitation book per household, which we feel will be a manageable enough number.

At this point Iím writing most of the text for the invitation and DF is doing most of the graphics, but Iím hoping we can trade off on that a little too. And even though I thought I said I was against a logo/monogram, it was the first thing DF started to come up with. And itís super cute, so itís okay. (Iíll post these later on.)

And lastly, just to contribute something that Iíve actually done, hereís the colour palette that weíve decided weíre going with for our wedding! Yay!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #39
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

OMG! I love those invitations! I wish I had thought to done something like that--- too late now! But they are PERFECT!

I like the color inspiration a lot too! Nice!

And I'm sorry you're missing DF. I live far away from my family too (I moved to Wisconsin from Connecticut last year)--- but I kind of like it. Hope you feel better!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #40
Kez250
Mouseketeer

love the invitations, how fun
Kez250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #41
sunkist867
Earning My Ears

I love the idea for the invitations! And your color pallete is gorgeous! Is there a website you used to make it?
sunkist867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #42
fromscratchmom
Mouseketeer

Beautiful.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #43
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I love the ideas for the invitations! Those books would be so cool, looking forward to what you come up with!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #44
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Love love LOVE the invites and your color scheme! Beautiful!!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #45
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
OMG! I love those invitations! I wish I had thought to done something like that--- too late now! But they are PERFECT!

I like the color inspiration a lot too! Nice!

And I'm sorry you're missing DF. I live far away from my family too (I moved to Wisconsin from Connecticut last year)--- but I kind of like it. Hope you feel better!
I know, I really love those invites. I just hope I can do them as well as (or perhaps even half as well as) the ones I posted.

I don't mind being away from my family too, too much, it's very nice to feel independent , but I could do with seeing my DF a few more times... more than once a month would be nice, but unfortunately too expensive, especially with airfare prices. Oh well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez250 View Post
love the invitations, how fun
I can't wait to get started on them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkist867 View Post
I love the idea for the invitations! And your color pallete is gorgeous! Is there a website you used to make it?
Thank you! I used photoshop to put together my colour palette, but there were a few websites I visited before I started putting it together:
http://www.design-seeds.com/
http://www.degraeve.com/color-palette/
http://colorschemedesigner.com/#

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromscratchmom View Post
Beautiful.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I love the ideas for the invitations! Those books would be so cool, looking forward to what you come up with!
Thank you! I hope they turn out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Love love LOVE the invites and your color scheme! Beautiful!!
Thank you, I really love them too! So excited to start working on everything!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: