Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

"Mickey Isn't the Only Animal At WDW!" Hunting for Disney Critters 1/23/12-1/30/12

For those of you following me over from my honeymoon TR, Hi there! I can't believe I get to go to Disney again!

For those of you just meeting me, hello and welcome! Thanks for joining us! Before I introduce my family, let me explain the PTR title. On our last Disney trip, my husband and I found a large number of animals just hanging around the parks. Frogs, toads, anoles, geckos, turtles, egrets and other critters call WDW home. On our next trip, we hope to find even more cool animals.

So my pre-trip report for my disneymoon is here and my disneymoon TR is here. I haven't finished my TR yet. I still have to talk about our last day. I have been procrastinating because finishing my disneymoon TR means admiting that it is over . But now that I have a new trip to look forward to, I should be finishing my trip report soon

My husband and I got married a few months ago . We left for Disney the day after our wedding. We had such an amazing time, that my husband "bought" me a Disney trip for our birthday (yes, we have the same birthday). We haven't booked anything yet, but we plan on staying at Pop Century 1/23/12-1/30/12. This is bound to change, so just bear with me.

My husband and I are 21-years-old. We live in Washington State with our cat, leopard gecko, 2 corn snakes, king snake, ball python, pacman frog, mice, african clawed frogs, and pacific giant salamander. Here are a few pictures of our pets.

Here are a few photos from our last Disney trip:

So that is my not-so-little intro. I will try to update often and I will try not to bore you too much . Thanks for reading!
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here...great intro Kira. I love the pic of you two in front of the castle.

If you have time, my new TR is linked in my signature.

Last edited by KatMark; 10-09-2011 at 06:13 PM.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm first!

ETA. Guess not. Second is fine too.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! We're going to miss eachother by 8 days! I'll be there in January until the 15th.

If you are like your mom maybe you'll have a change of dates????

It would be awesome to meet you too!

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause I’ve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here...great intro Kira. I love the pic of you two in front of the castle.

If you have time, my new TR is linked in my signature.
I noticed that today. I was just about to head over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm first!

ETA. Guess not. Second is fine too.
Second is awesome. Welcome! Oh, and congrats again on your pregnancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! We're going to miss eachother by 8 days! I'll be there in January until the 15th.

If you are like your mom maybe you'll have a change of dates????

It would be awesome to meet you too!
Oh, I might end up changing it. It would be nice to meet you.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

I'm here Kira!

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
I'm here Kira!

Hi!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

So I want your opinions on this dilemma. Josh and I really want to go in February or January. However, we recently found out that Fantasmic isn't going to have any shows when we want to go. Well, I was okay with that. But then I found out that they are also closing down Big Thunder Mountain! Josh and I reeeeeeally love that ride. I don't know if I want to change our dates just because of one ride and a show. What do you think?

We haven't booked anything yet because of this little hiccup. I know we need to book soon.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
So I want your opinions on this dilemma. Josh and I really want to go in February or January. However, we recently found out that Fantasmic isn't going to have any shows when we want to go. Well, I was okay with that. But then I found out that they are also closing down Big Thunder Mountain! Josh and I reeeeeeally love that ride. I don't know if I want to change our dates just because of one ride and a show. What do you think?

We haven't booked anything yet because of this little hiccup. I know we need to book soon.
I would say that you shouldnt not go because of a couple of attractions. There are so many other reasons to go to Disney! That's just my opinion though. Also if your looking at book for January or Febuary 2012 you should probably do it soon. We just booked out January 2012 trip a couple weeks ago and the availability of rooms in the Moderates and Values was filling up quickly even then.

Congrats on getting married! Me and DH just got married in June as well. I'm 22 and he's 25 and we went to Disney for our honeymoon as well! So I know what its like to be young and married, haha.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

From what I've noticed, every January-February there are several attractions and shows closed for refurb. They'll always do refurbs at times of lower crowds, it makes more sense that way.

So think about what you really want : all attractions open, or lower crowds? Since you've gone often in your life and will probably go often again, I'd chose lower crowds. It'll give you the chance to try new things, and a reason to come back.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Kira, I just booked a "girls" trip for January 26 - 31. I realize that Big Thunder and Dumbo will be closed (and I'll be traveling with a 5 and 7 year old), but there is so much other stuff to do. And if you waited for Big Thunder you'd have to wait until the end of May!

I'd go for the dates you want to go; there is always something down at any given time of year.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #12
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I would say that you shouldnt not go because of a couple of attractions. There are so many other reasons to go to Disney! That's just my opinion though. Also if your looking at book for January or Febuary 2012 you should probably do it soon. We just booked out January 2012 trip a couple weeks ago and the availability of rooms in the Moderates and Values was filling up quickly even then.

Congrats on getting married! Me and DH just got married in June as well. I'm 22 and he's 25 and we went to Disney for our honeymoon as well! So I know what its like to be young and married, haha.
Congrats on getting married!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
From what I've noticed, every January-February there are several attractions and shows closed for refurb. They'll always do refurbs at times of lower crowds, it makes more sense that way.

So think about what you really want : all attractions open, or lower crowds? Since you've gone often in your life and will probably go often again, I'd chose lower crowds. It'll give you the chance to try new things, and a reason to come back.
Yeah. We decided to just go in January. Missing a few rides isn't going to kill us. But the low crowds will be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Kira, I just booked a "girls" trip for January 26 - 31. I realize that Big Thunder and Dumbo will be closed (and I'll be traveling with a 5 and 7 year old), but there is so much other stuff to do. And if you waited for Big Thunder you'd have to wait until the end of May!

I'd go for the dates you want to go; there is always something down at any given time of year.
I can't believe they are closing thunder mountain for so long! But I am sure we will have an amazing time in January. Even if we have to miss Josh's favorite ride.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

We booked!

So we officially booked our trip for January! We are staying at Pop from 1/23/12-1/31/12. We upgraded to the regular dining plan, so we will get to pick 8 ADRS! I am going to start making them today. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #14
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
So we officially booked our trip for January! We are staying at Pop from 1/23/12-1/31/12. We upgraded to the regular dining plan, so we will get to pick 8 ADRS! I am going to start making them today. I'll keep you all posted.
I will have to keep an eye out for you (I am there the 26th and come home on the 31st).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: