Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #871
MrErk
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Depends on what you got in the spring, how early it was. If they were still selling the red Celebrate Today mugs, then yes they have changed. But if you got the "fab five" at the pool design -- which I'm guessing you did in the spring -- then no, they have not changed. They don't change the mug designs that frequently.

Here's what they are selling now, with black instead of yellow lids:
Dang, I was hoping to get something different than the ones we got in July.

MrErk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #872
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Not sure this is the right place to ask this, but is it true that you get a free refillable mug with the Magic Your Way dining package?
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #873
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen View Post
Not sure this is the right place to ask this, but is it true that you get a free refillable mug with the Magic Your Way dining package?
Starting in 2012, yes, all the dining plan packages will include credits for a refillable mug.

For the 2011 dining plans, the quick service and deluxe plans included refillable mug credits, while the regular plan did not.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #874
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Starting in 2012, yes, all the dining plan packages will include credits for a refillable mug. .
Thanks for your prompt response!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #875
jillybeanjo
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if the Boardwalk Inn offers Powerade at the refill stations? My daughter will be running several miles every day during our stay and needs her Powerade or Gatorade.
jillybeanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #876
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeanjo View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Boardwalk Inn offers Powerade at the refill stations? My daughter will be running several miles every day during our stay and needs her Powerade or Gatorade.
When I was at the Boardwalk Bakery and Seashore Sweets which are two locations you ask the Cast Members for refills, I don't remember seeing either one of those drinks available.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #877
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Are there any mugs that allow you to bring them back on your next visit for free refills? I thought I heard something around last February or March that said Disney was moving in that direction. But later possibly contradicted by the RFID program. But I wasn't sure if the RFID program just limited daily abuse of the system or if it also eliminated the possibility of owners bringing them back on their next visit.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #878
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Are there any mugs that allow you to bring them back on your next visit for free refills? I thought I heard something around last February or March that said Disney was moving in that direction. But later possibly contradicted by the RFID program. But I wasn't sure if the RFID program just limited daily abuse of the system or if it also eliminated the possibility of owners bringing them back on their next visit.
Refillable mugs are only good for one vacation. I don't think that is ever going to change, as the RFID chips are being used to prevent this.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #879
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Refillable mugs are only good for one vacation. I don't think that is ever going to change, as the RFID chips are being used to prevent this.
Thanks. Maybe one day they'll sell a "Lifetime Mug" for double the price.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #880
Saylan
Frosty Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Thanks. Maybe one day they'll sell a "Lifetime Mug" for double the price.
They used waaaaaaaaaaay back. I think those lifetime mugs won't work once the RFID system is in place everywhere though. I guess they're lifetime-until-Disney-changes-things mugs.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #881
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Well don't forget as of right now the RFID chips are only being tested at the Quick Service location at All Star Sports, so there is no guarantee those types of mugs will be used at the other Quick Service locations at the other WDW Resorts. They could decide that the system doesn't work and get rid of it for good.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #882
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Well don't forget as of right now the RFID chips are only being tested at the Quick Service location at All Star Sports, so there is no guarantee those types of mugs will be used at the other Quick Service locations at the other WDW Resorts. They could decide that the system doesn't work and get rid of it for good.
Right, but my point is that since they are actively trying to combat the use of the same mug over multiple trips, it's reasonable to assume that they are not going to do a 180 and sell lifetime mugs.

However, I can see them selling a new sticker with an RFID chip in it to put on an old mug. They can market it as being environmentally friendly. I wouldn't expect it to me much (if at all) cheaper than buying a new mug, though.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #883
hollyrose
Believes in the Magic.

Soda not milk?

Is it true you can't fill these mugs with milk, they are only good for soda? What the heck?

In loving memory of Skip, my WDW loving Dad.
hollyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #884
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyrose View Post
Is it true you can't fill these mugs with milk, they are only good for soda? What the heck?
Milk is not available to use in the mugs. Only Soda, Coffee, Tea and Hot Chocolate.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #885
nammy22
Earning My Ears

refillable mugs

Last week I was at All Star Sports and bought a mug with rfid. It was a little difficult to use with some of the soda options. I drink sprite zero and had a hard time getting it to work. They are very touchy also the coke zero gave people problems. i asked the cm for help because I thought it was just out of sprite and she ignored me. Another day I asked another cm and she said that they have been having trbl with those 2 buttons. The first time my daughter filled her cup it did not go all the way to the top and so she tried to put in more and it said she had to wait 2 1/2 minutes to refill again. Later in the week as I was filling my mug one of the evening managers was asking some girls where they got there mugs because they were not able to use the machine and they said at Music and they were told sorry but they would not work here. I asked the cm why they did not do all 3 resorts since they were sister resorts and she said they just wanted to try them at 1 resort to see how it worked out and they are still working out the bugs. It originally had a 5 minute wait to refill also when you get your drink a small square pops up that says your mug is good for 2 weeks in my case it showed the date of 2 weeks later.
nammy22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: