Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #16
JACH1976
Mouseketeer

We were on the Aug 28th Dream sailing, and I just wanted to post a tip... Our kids are early risers, and on our sea day, we grabbed room service for 7 AM, fed the kids, and headed up to the pool deck for 8 or 8:30 AM. We had the Mickey pool to ourselves for almost an hour! (I wish I could post pics, but we lost our camera at WDW after the cruise). We were there until almost 11:30, after which we headed back to our cabin, changed for lunch, and enjoyed the rest of the day. It was great!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #17
mjruane
Earning My Ears

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great report!

Did you experience any problems with noise from the Evolutions nightclub below in your deck 5 aft cabin? We're back there in Jan. so any cabin info, tips, suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
mjruane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #18
BensDaddy
Graduate of Goofy's Flight School

No, no noise whatsoever in cabin 5156. Sometimes it felt TOO quiet. lol
Old 10-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #19
budamacdvcr
DIS Dad #737

Sailed on Dream in July starbord (right) side room with verandah and di not receive any instructions for not being on verandah for fireworks. We watched from deck 13 forward but did see many on their starbord side verandahs watching the fireworks.
DIS Dads #737
me DW DD (19) DS (17)

WDW 20 Trips, DCL 8 Cruises, March '13 DLR

budamacdvcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
BensDaddy

My wife reminded me of another.

We had read on here that it was possible to have the counselors from Oceaneer's Club pick up the kids during dinner.

We did NOT see this happen. When you order a child's meal, however, they will bring it as soon as it is ready. So they might get their appetizer with your first course and their meal as soon as it is ready afterwards. But they always feed the children first. They also brought washable crayons every night along with the kids menu that had coloring pages, mazes, and puzzles on it.

While dinner did take an hour to an hour and a half, it didn't feel that long most nights.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #21
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

thanks for this great review! We are cruising next week and I really appreciate it!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #22
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

thanks for posting, your info is definately helpful

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Disney owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #23
BensDaddy

Also forgot to mention that we brought a picture matte. We dropped off on the first day and asked for "classic characters" and "no princesses" and it was autographed by Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, Chip and Dale, and Pluto -- very colorful and didn't cost a penny!!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #24
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Nice post and for the things on your list that we slso experienced, I agree. We ate at Cabanas several times and never saw in boorish behavior outside of one table next to us who were badmouthing the minister of their church. We simply moved to a different table. Then again, we mostly ate at off-peak times, so I'm sure that helped. As for the elevators and stairs outside Cabanas, they did get busy but were never a detriment to us as we primarily walked while on the cruise, anyway. The elevators, in general, seemed no more crowded than others I've experienced on the Wonder, for example. Peak times will have peak usage, so we always used the stairs during those times. Obviously, there will be times when other cruisers are obnoxious, or when a CM isn't at his or her best, or when a particular service isn't as good as it should be (I agree the room service menu could use some tweaking). But, put us firmly on the side of having a blast on our cruise. . .we've already rebooked.

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #25
modegard
Mouseketeer

Awesome trip report! Thanks so much for taking the time to write it up for us!

Old 10-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #26
apemcarlson
Earning My Ears

Thanks for thee trip report especially the aquaduck and starboard tips!
apemcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #27
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Great Trip Report. Thanks for taking the time

DisDaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #28
Kimberly Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensDaddy View Post
My wife reminded me of another.

We had read on here that it was possible to have the counselors from Oceaneer's Club pick up the kids during dinner.

We did NOT see this happen. When you order a child's meal, however, they will bring it as soon as it is ready. So they might get their appetizer with your first course and their meal as soon as it is ready afterwards. But they always feed the children first. They also brought washable crayons every night along with the kids menu that had coloring pages, mazes, and puzzles on it.

While dinner did take an hour to an hour and a half, it didn't feel that long most nights.

Dine & Play is available at 2nd seating only and we used it 3 out of the 4 nights. The counselors walk around the dining rooms to let you know they're there but it's 9:15pm(ish).

We were on your same cruise and I agree - it was my 3rd sailing of the Dream (Jan 30 and Feb 13) - the magic was still there. I miss the opening crew as so many of them were highly experienced and the service was over-the-top but we've booked the Fantasy for 2012 and can't wait.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:38 AM   #29
MadameMedusa
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great info! I've been reading cruising info on these boards on and off for the past 6+ months and had not seen the starboard veranda tip until now. I really appreciate your taking the time to post that. I just changed our room category and was able to move from the port to starboard side, as a happy coincidence.

We are looking forward to our family cruise on the Dream next month!
MadameMedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #30
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Bensdaddy, could you comment/ post photo on your gift basket you ordered from Shirley?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: