Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

So Exhausted: Anniversary for Halloweentime (PTR and TR)

My DH and I are heading to the parks for Halloween, which is our anniversary. we are both very excited. Last year was the first year we had been back in a couple years. So, I went a little over board in making PS arrangements.
It seemed like we spent most of our 4 days running from one meal to the next. Our trip was exhausting and not less fun than it could have been.

This year we are flying down to Orange County instead of LAX on October 27th. we decided to fly into Orange County for two reasons. First, well, it is closer to the park. Second reason is because I really dislike LAX and it stresses me out. We want to be relaxed. We will be at the airport about 11am, so I expect to be at the hotel to check in noonish.

We are staying at the Carousel Inn. We have never stayed there before, so this will be a first. We usually stay at Tropicana, but we got a 4th night free at Carousel. We are not picky, we just need a place to sleep, shower, and stow our stuff.

My DH has said he would like to ride the train as soon as we pass through the turnstiles and here the "prrring!". Since his favorite ride is closed for refurb, I think that is fair.

Friday, we are planning to hit ElecTRONica while the Halloween party is happening at DL. DH loved TRON, and loved ElecTRONica last year.

Saturday morning, I am making DH get up early so we can do Magic Morning at 7am. (Not too much celebrating at ElecTRONica! ) and then we are going to head over to Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast at 9:30am. We have not been for breakfast at GK in years.
Saturday evening we have reserved seating for F! for the first showing. This is a tradition for us. It is a taste of Disney that we both love.

Sunday is pretty open for us until the evening when we have a PS for Big Thunder BBQ. We tried this place last year in our trip of too many PS's and really liked it. DH loved all the meat they kept bringing, and I enjoyed all the sides and the veggie option. Plus, we really liked that we could take the left overs with us! This year, I will make sure to get an extra veggie skewer so I can take it back to the room with me. Last year, that is what DH ate after the Halloween party when we were starving and sugared out. That is the plan for this year as well.

Monday is Halloween and our 3rd wedding anniversary. We have a PS at Carnation Cafe for breakfast at 9am. That evening we are attending the Halloween Party. Last year I was obsessed with trick or treating. This year, I plan to just enjoy the evening. I feel like we missed so much last year.

Tuesday will be our last day in the Park. We will do whatever we want and say goodbye to all of our favorite things. At the end of our trips, I always say good bye when I walk out.

Wednesday we fly home again out of Orange County.

DH and I will be making a list of things that we want to do, but not schedule. If we can do it, we will, if not..its okay as well.
I am hoping to get on the list to ride in Walt's Car on the train. I would also like to see WOC since have not seen it other than walking by so far. I am thinking of starting one morning at DCA and getting a FP.

I have things I need to get together in the next few weeks before our trip. Most importantly, shoes. we have a pair of running shoes to take, but I am hunting for good arch support flip flops to wear when my feet swell (as they will definately do). I have the pet sitter set up and an automatic feeder on the way since the pet sitter will only be coming once a day to feed the kitties, and they get dry a couple times a day.

I have an appointment to get my hair colored in 2 weeks so the purple is fresh and vibrant for our trip. Yes, I have purple hair.

We are very excited. I am making a little calendar of the things we have planned, and we will have a list to take with us that we can cross off when we get back to the room. The most important thing for us this trip is to relax, enjoy just being at DLR and with each other. LOL..and eating all the tasty Disney food.

Last edited by isisisme; 11-04-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: title change
isisisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
becstr
Earning My Ears

Sounds like it will be a great trip! We flew into Orange County for the first time last week (finally able to get a direct flight there from Calgary) and it was a million times better than LAX. We took the Disneyland Express and were at our hotel less than 1 hour after landing. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
becstr
Earning My Ears

Oh, and congratulations on your anniversary!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
isisisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by becstr View Post
Sounds like it will be a great trip! We flew into Orange County for the first time last week (finally able to get a direct flight there from Calgary) and it was a million times better than LAX. We took the Disneyland Express and were at our hotel less than 1 hour after landing. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!
I used to fly into SNA as well when in previous years. It is so much easier. We are using the Disneyland Express as well.

And thank you.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
isisisme

20 days

My list is getting checked off in order to be ready for our trip.

1. This past weekend, DH and I went shoe shopping. I lucked out and got 2 pairs of shoes for our trip, so I have 3 pairs of shoes to take. I got a pair of Teva's and a pair of men's Nike flip flops. I have decided that I should just stick with men's shoes. First, they fit my feet better/more comfortable (I have wide toes) and 2. they are cheaper!

2. Today, our travel package from Costco/WDTC arrived!!!! It was delivered to my DH at his work since he had to be signed for. So, I had to wait until he got home to see it. Having it hand makes the trip real. Everything else has been just paper. Now we have actual park hopper tickets.

3. Tomorrow I get to go to the post office to pick up the automatic pet feeder for the cats that the mail man would not leave on the porch for some reason. We still have a pet sitter coming every evening, but this will feed the kitties a couple of times during the day, so that one of our cats does not gorge.

Now it is time to start making a list of what I need to make sure to pack, and then load up my Kindle and ipod for when I cannot sleep and DH is out (happens all the time).
Old 10-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #6
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!

I feel like I could have written part of your post!

My 1st wedding anniversary is next Saturday, and my DH and I are heading out on Friday to The Land. My DH has never been, so I kinda went all out in planning.

Friday we're doing the Halloween Party, we're also staying at PPH, and I scheduled an in room celebration for our arrival, the From Mickey and Minnie with love, I had them add mouse ears with our names on them, and I let the vacation planner know it was my DH's first visit and they are going to have an autographed picture of Mickey waiting for him!

Saturday, I'm also making my DH get up early, LOL...we're just going to explore Disneyland, and then maybe rest at the room...I booked the Fantasmic! dessert package for the second showing...

Sunday, I think we're also going to do the whole elecTRONica thing, my DH also loved Tron...we're looking forward to some dancing, some gaming at Flynn's and glow in the dark drinks!!

Goofy's Kitchen on Monday night...and then just relaxing and doing whatever...

Yay! I am so excited!!!

Kristan in NorCal
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Congrats on your 3rd anniversary. DH and I and DD will be there celebrating our 20th anniversary! This will only be our 2nd time going to DL, so we are really excited. DD was 2 the last time we went, so she is really excited too. She just turned 9.
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
isisisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41 View Post
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!

I feel like I could have written part of your post!

My 1st wedding anniversary is next Saturday, and my DH and I are heading out on Friday to The Land. My DH has never been, so I kinda went all out in planning.

Friday we're doing the Halloween Party, we're also staying at PPH, and I scheduled an in room celebration for our arrival, the From Mickey and Minnie with love, I had them add mouse ears with our names on them, and I let the vacation planner know it was my DH's first visit and they are going to have an autographed picture of Mickey waiting for him!

Saturday, I'm also making my DH get up early, LOL...we're just going to explore Disneyland, and then maybe rest at the room...I booked the Fantasmic! dessert package for the second showing...

Sunday, I think we're also going to do the whole elecTRONica thing, my DH also loved Tron...we're looking forward to some dancing, some gaming at Flynn's and glow in the dark drinks!!

Goofy's Kitchen on Monday night...and then just relaxing and doing whatever...

Yay! I am so excited!!!

Kristan in NorCal
Kristan, that sounds like so much fun!! And it does sound much like my own trip. I hope you guys have a great time. I am looking forward to our trip so much. The glow drinks are pretty tasty if they are the same from last year. We did not get the glasses, just the glow cubes.

I enjoy just exploring too. No real plan, just go where it seems like fun and people watching.

I can't wait to hear about your trip!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
isisisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denine View Post
Congrats on your 3rd anniversary. DH and I and DD will be there celebrating our 20th anniversary! This will only be our 2nd time going to DL, so we are really excited. DD was 2 the last time we went, so she is really excited too. She just turned 9.
Congrats on your 20th!! And on your second trip to DL.
My DH and I have been together for almost 11 years in total (took us awhile to get married), and we have been going down every year for 10 years (we had two years we did not make it down during that time), every year for Halloween.

Are you going to be there for Halloween?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #10
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisisme View Post
Congrats on your 20th!! And on your second trip to DL.
My DH and I have been together for almost 11 years in total (took us awhile to get married), and we have been going down every year for 10 years (we had two years we did not make it down during that time), every year for Halloween.

Are you going to be there for Halloween?
Thanks! No, we will be there starting next week for our anniversary. We have made 30+ trips to WDW, but only our 2nd to DL. Enjoy!
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisisme View Post
Kristan, that sounds like so much fun!! And it does sound much like my own trip. I hope you guys have a great time. I am looking forward to our trip so much. The glow drinks are pretty tasty if they are the same from last year. We did not get the glasses, just the glow cubes.

I enjoy just exploring too. No real plan, just go where it seems like fun and people watching.

I can't wait to hear about your trip!
I just took out our luggage, so it's starting to feel a bit more real at this point!!

Kristan in NorCal
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
isisisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denine View Post
Thanks! No, we will be there starting next week for our anniversary. We have made 30+ trips to WDW, but only our 2nd to DL. Enjoy!
It will still be Halloweentime. :D I know you will have a wonderful time!
We have not been to WDW yet. One of these days we will make the trip across country.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
isisisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41 View Post
I just took out our luggage, so it's starting to feel a bit more real at this point!!

Kristan in NorCal
Woohoo!!!
I am making my lists on what to pack and what I need to get to take down. I pull my luggage out all ready. But that was to show DH his costume idea would take too much room up.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #14
isisisme

One week left

My vacation begins at 2pm on Tuesday, and our trip to DL starts a week from today.

I have bought everything we need, except maybe more batteries for the camera, but I think we have enough.

I only have 3 work days left, I have a lot of things I need to get ready before I leave. But I think I am going to be good position so that I will not be stressed out when I get back.

I have some housework to do so that I come home to a clean house, and also so that my pet sitter comes into a clean house (as long as the cats keep it that way). I also need to check in with my pet sitter. I need to meet up with her to go over what has changed since last year (we had a 4th cat then that has since passed of old age..she was 27! ). And of course, I have to give her a means to get into the house. We have a great pet sitter. She used to work for my vet as a vet tech. She did an amazing job last year when our old cat was not doing exceptionally well. I have given her permission that if something happens with my babies, to take them to my vet, who she knows really well.

So, I have some stuff to do. But not a lot. Packing will not actually happen until Wed. I have to do laundry first. But, I am getting my lists together so I do not forget anything. One for my carryone and one for my checked bag.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #15
isisisme

Friday of our trip

I was thinking this morning that I think Friday might end up a 1/2 DCA day. I was thinking that we could sleep in a little, and head over about 9:30am and head to DCA, get FP for WOC, have breakfast at Taste Pilots (I really want to try their breakfast burritos). And then we can ride TSMM. I have not ridden this yet since the line is always so long and by the time we are over there, I am not willing to wait 40 mins in the sun. :/ Well, neither is my DH. He is not into waiting in line at all, he has been spoiled with only going in off season.
And we can ride Soarin' and Little Mermaid as well, and check out the lay out at the viewing area for WOC. We skipped it last year because it was such a chaotic mess (it seemed). I am going to be bringing a printed copy of the map so I can figure out about where the sections are.

And then I am thinking to head to DL for a bit, have some lunch (not sure where yet) and head back to the hotel about 3-4ish..before the party guests start to come in. I know it is going to be crazy and we are not going to the party that night. After a nap/break in ouor room, then we will head back to DCA about 6-6:30 ish for ElecTRONica, maybe dinner, and maybe WOC.

Friday really is our best night for WOC. Thursday, I don't want to plan anything. I want to just take in the vibes.
My DH suggested Tuesday night to end our trip. I said that would be kinda nice, but I want out last night to be in DL. We might be able to do it Sunday, but I am not sure. And we will be in DCA Friday night anyway. So, why not see it then?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: