Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness, all right! 3D Dessert Discovery (11/2) - Complete

Dis_Yoda & Husband are returning to the world for their annual F&W trip.

When: October 21st to October 29th, 2011
Where: Coronado Springs Resort
Why: Food & Wine Festival!

This is a much needed break as we haven't had a real vacation together since we both took new jobs this past April. Plus, after our vacation starts the retail holiday season, which means I become a retail widow for the next 2.5 months.

I'm a 25 year old engineer/quality supervisor & my husband is a 27 year old manager in retail. I grew up a Disney fanatic & over the years my husband has become one too. I've been going to the F&W Festival since it first started in 1995, even though I couldn't enjoy the Wine portion!

Last edited by Dis_Yoda; 11-01-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Initial Plan

October 21st, 2011
No Dining Plans as we don't know when we are arriving!

October 22nd, 2011
Lunch - Yak & Yeti
Afternoon - EPCOT or MK
Dinner - Shula's

October 23rd, 2011
Lunch - EPCOT Food & Wine Festival
Robert Irvine Culinary Demo
Dinner - Flying Fish

October 24th, 2011
Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern
Afternoon - EPCOT
Late Dinner - Le Cellier

October 25th, 2011
Breakfast - Captain's Grille
Lunch - Italy Beer & Pizza Pairing
Late Dinner - Fulton's

October 26th, 2011
Lunch - EPCOT Food & Wine Festival
Dinner - California Grill

October 27th, 2011
Brunch: Grand Floridian Cafe
Italy Wine & Dessert Pairing
Dinner - Brown Derby Signature Dinner for F&W (just me)

October 28th, 2011
French Regional Lunch (just me)
3D Dessert Discovery

October 29th, 2011
Breakfast - Boma
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Hoping to see you there!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
bonzarella
DIS Veteran

I need pics of everyone who will be, so I can scope while munching Have a great time all.
4/08 Star Island [12/07 Xmas @ Ft. W cabins 11/07 at Bonnet Creek 10/07 at Silver Lakes F&W&W&W&W 9/07 Bouncedback w/FDP @Pop at Bonnet Creek 6/07 Bonnet Creek OKW-offsite 3/07 Proud Parents of AKV 2/07 OKW-Pirate & Princess Party 11/06-OKW-MVMCP with KB! 9/06-Pop Century/FDP/Bonnet Creek 3/06-OKW-Spring Break10/05-OKW/MNSSHP 7/05-OKW/Vero Beach/OKW 3/05-Regal Palm 10/04-DVC MEMBERS
7/04-Fort Wilderness Cabins-1st Family trip

[
bonzarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

I'm here! We'll have dueling reviews for the BD dinner and Frunch!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

We will be at Alsace too! Can't wait for your reviews!!!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

From one retail widow to another I completely understand what you are going to go through when you get back from vacation

We will see you at the Slushie Throwdown on the 27th...I can just see the line of tipsy Disers now
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Hoping to see you there!
Hope to see you too! You have so many great events planned - too bad we aren't going to any of the same ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzarella View Post
I need pics of everyone who will be, so I can scope while munching Have a great time all.
Oh my husband & I are probably noticeable. I'll have on a Gollum Cranberry Bog Pin & probably taking photos of our food before ever enjoying it. My husband has star tattoos behind his ears. Whats your plan for your trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
I'm here! We'll have dueling reviews for the BD dinner and Frunch!
We will have dueling reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh yes
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Had to join because I love the title of this thread!
*giggles* I love that scene in the movie! Its how sometimes I feel when I'm explaining to my coworkers why I go to F&W each year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
We will be at Alsace too! Can't wait for your reviews!!!
Thanks! Can't wait - that Frunch is going to be full of Friendies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
From one retail widow to another I completely understand what you are going to go through when you get back from vacation

We will see you at the Slushie Throwdown on the 27th...I can just see the line of tipsy Disers now
I'm glad someone else understands my pain! Then again, its been like this since we've been together so I knew what I was getting into.

We are planning on stopping by but not drinking on the 27th. We have that Dessert & Wine pairing at 2pm where I'll probably get most of my husband's wine and then I have my Signature Dinner at Brown Derby where the wine just keeps on flowing. My poor husband when he picks me up from Hollywood Studios - at least he's being nice and not making me take the bus home!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Oh, I'm so glad to be in from the beginning and not just catching the tail end like I normally do! I didn't realize you were so young! While I enjoyed good food that many years ago (I'm not sayin' ), I could never have discussed it and given such great reviews like you do! There must be an old soul in there and why you chose the name Yoda to be part of your screename.

I'll be at the lunch at the Bistro that you're attending. In fact it was your reviews from last year that caused me to make the decision to change my plans from avoiding F&W on the weekends and stay at the BCV over the Thurs-Mon so that we could do the lunch and the Grand Mariner tasting, then move to VWL instead of the opposite. I wanted to do PFTS as well, but we all know what happened to THAT for the 29th. We'll be the "Pooh sized" ladies also taking pictures of all the food before we dig in.

We're also doing the dessert party that night as well. I look forward to your reviews. You do them pretty much live, don't you? That will be great because you arrive four days before we leave, so I'll get all psyched up just before we get on the plane!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #12
Disneybrenda
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to your reviews.
Disneybrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #13
mousegear
DIS Veteran

Joining and looking forward to your reviews!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #14
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Oh, I'm so glad to be in from the beginning and not just catching the tail end like I normally do! I didn't realize you were so young! While I enjoyed good food that many years ago (I'm not sayin' ), I could never have discussed it and given such great reviews like you do! There must be an old soul in there and why you chose the name Yoda to be part of your screename.

I'll be at the lunch at the Bistro that you're attending. In fact it was your reviews from last year that caused me to make the decision to change my plans from avoiding F&W on the weekends and stay at the BCV over the Thurs-Mon so that we could do the lunch and the Grand Mariner tasting, then move to VWL instead of the opposite. I wanted to do PFTS as well, but we all know what happened to THAT for the 29th. We'll be the "Pooh sized" ladies also taking pictures of all the food before we dig in.

We're also doing the dessert party that night as well. I look forward to your reviews. You do them pretty much live, don't you? That will be great because you arrive four days before we leave, so I'll get all psyched up just before we get on the plane!
Glad you got in at the beginning too! Thanks for the compliments on the reviews. I'm lucky my mother exposed me to nicer dining growing up which helped me expand my tastes and ways to describe them.

I do try to do my reviews live - between my job & my husband's we unfortunately need to be connected to the internet so might as well use it for something fun too. At least this year we have tethering through our cell phones so no need to pay for Disney's overpriced internet.

Yeah, I'm sad there is no PFTS this year on the 29th - we actually changed our date we are leaving because of that as we have no need to stay that night now. Hopefully those attending will have fun at that detox event.

Hopefully I'll get to run into while at the events! Its always nice putting faces to screennames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybrenda View Post
Looking forward to your reviews.
Glad you are joining in :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousegear View Post
Joining and looking forward to your reviews!
Thanks for reading!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

I'm in ...
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (3); 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS:- 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; OKW - December
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: