Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #1336
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfamguy View Post
Ok. This will probably be the dumbest question on this topic. We have four in our party. They were supposed to send us two tags each. E got four. But they are long and half the tag is identical to the top half. Are we supposed to cut the tags in half to make eight and then attach them?

They didn't say to cut them in half and I don't want to mess them up.

TIA
Do not cut them. You have to call them and ask for extra because they only send one per person now. I think they'll send you as many as you need.
Nancy
Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #1337
Disfamguy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
Do not cut them. You have to call them and ask for extra because they only send one per person now. I think they'll send you as many as you need.
Nancy
Yikes. We leave in two days. Thanks for the info. Glad we didnt do that.
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2011, 05:16 AM   #1338
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok. This will probably be the dumbest question on this topic. We have four in our party. They were supposed to send us two tags each. E got four. But they are long and half the tag is identical to the top half. Are we supposed to cut the tags in half to make eight and then attach them?

TIA
No - do not cut them. They only send one tag per person. Call Magical Express and they will send extras. I had did this last summer. They do seem long but that is the way they work.
tinkerbell60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #1339
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

TIA
As aleady posted, DME sends out only 1 luggage tag pp now. Since checked baggage fees went through the roof, DME made the decision to send just one tag since the huge majority of people would be checking just one bag.

You can cut them in two...but you have to be very careful. They are designed to work a certain way. If you make it so that the scanner can't scan the reservation number properly, your bags may not make it to your resort in a timely fashion. So, be very careful.

Or, just try to get away with one checked bag each and a carryon with the excess in it.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #1340
Morganpics
DIS Veteran

Need another ME tag

I should have read these posts sooner!! I am short 1 tag and we leave Tuesday AM. Am I just going to have to go to the baggage claim and get the odd bag? I also am VERY apprehensive about cutting a tag. Thanks!

March 1995(commando); June 2002; Mar-April 2004; June 2005; Nov 2005; Dec 2006; March 2007; Sep 2007; Oct 2008; Nov 2009; Sep-Oct 2011
Morganpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #1341
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganpics View Post
I should have read these posts sooner!! I am short 1 tag and we leave Tuesday AM. Am I just going to have to go to the baggage claim and get the odd bag? I also am VERY apprehensive about cutting a tag. Thanks!
Do you have a color scanner/printer? Copy a tag, cut it out, and put it on the bag with a piece of packing tape.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:36 AM   #1342
Morganpics
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Do you have a color scanner/printer? Copy a tag, cut it out, and put it on the bag with a piece of packing tape.
Ahh - yes! Thanks!

March 1995(commando); June 2002; Mar-April 2004; June 2005; Nov 2005; Dec 2006; March 2007; Sep 2007; Oct 2008; Nov 2009; Sep-Oct 2011
Old 09-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #1343
Smposchman
WDW Birthday! 40?? EEK!

I have a strange ME question. I am in the process of confirming everything and organizing all the paperwork and things to do. So I was confirming our flights with our ME reservations, and the flight numbers are correct - but the times are both midnight. UM ... is that normal?

Pre-Trip Report - Impromptu Trip
Smposchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #1344
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smposchman View Post
I have a strange ME question. I am in the process of confirming everything and organizing all the paperwork and things to do. So I was confirming our flights with our ME reservations, and the flight numbers are correct - but the times are both midnight. UM ... is that normal?
Yes.

Alesia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #1345
tonyolily
Luv 2 Lurk

Arriving day before??

I'm trying to help my family book air for their trip this fall. But air pricing is really high for the day they check in.

If they get a flight into MCO the day before, stay at a hotel near the airport and shuttle back to the airport the following day, will MES still take them to the resort?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Me DH DS-19 DS-12 DD-2

tonyolily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #1346
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyolily View Post
I'm trying to help my family book air for their trip this fall. But air pricing is really high for the day they check in.

If they get a flight into MCO the day before, stay at a hotel near the airport and shuttle back to the airport the following day, will MES still take them to the resort?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes, that's fine.

To avoid confusion in the future: Disney's Magical Express is generally abbreviated DME or just ME.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #1347
tonyolily
Luv 2 Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Yes, that's fine.

To avoid confusion in the future: Disney's Magical Express is generally abbreviated DME or just ME.
Oops! I will remember that for next time! Thank you ever so much!!

Me DH DS-19 DS-12 DD-2

tonyolily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #1348
Morganpics
DIS Veteran

An update on our question regarding the need of a 3d tag. I called MS, the CM was REALLY hesitant and did NOT want me to cut/copy one of my tags. The end result was per her instruction, we deplaned and went to the ME counter, explained we had 2 bags tagged and 1 not tagged, the CM there wrote down the baggage claim check number and told us a work order would be put in for it. It was quite late, so we waited until the next AM to call Bell Services. All 3 bags were there. It worked fine. However, now I know that when I make reservations, I will ask for a 3d tag.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #1349
todd222222
Mouseketeer

I've book our package through a travel agent and provided flight information. After everything was booked and paid for I found that I can pull up our reservation on at disneyworld.com and have done so. It was very reassuring to be able to see everything, including that they had the wrong title on my daughter. They had Master instead of Miss. She would not have been happy.

anyway under Ground Transportation they have this:

Code:
Ground Transportation 1
You have not selected ground transportation. Contact original travel provider to arrange Disney's Magical Express complimentary airport service.

Ground Transportation 2
You have not selected ground transportation. Contact original travel provider to arrange Disney's Magical Express complimentary airport service.
I wrote our agent and asked about this and this was the response:

Quote:
Hello Todd -

We have to go through a different channel to set up the magical express so that tags are sent to you instead of to us, so I do not believe that it will show up online.
so I said okay, seems strange that Disney would have what they have online, but I know systems don't always work they way you think they should.

So thoughts? should I be concerned? When should I expect my package with bus tickets and DME tags.

Thanks!
Todd

1983 - WDW - Camped at Fort Wilderness | May 1994- WDW - Off Site | Dec 1994- WDW - Off Site | Jun 1995 - DLRJun 1998 - DLR | Dec 2006- WDW - Pop Century | Jan 2008- WDW - AKV Slide Show Warning - 12 1/2 mins long | Jan 2009- WDW - Pop Century | Oct 2009- WDW - Pop Century | Nov 2011 - WDW - Pop Century | June 2012 - DLR | Mar 2013 - WDW - AoA - Cars Suite | Oct 2013 - WDW - All Stars Sports | Mar 2014 - US - HardRock | May 2014 - WDW - AKV
todd222222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #1350
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd222222 View Post
So thoughts? should I be concerned? When should I expect my package with bus tickets and DME tags.

Thanks!
Todd
That seems pretty common and I wouldn't be concerned. You can call DME directly and make sure they have your reservation. Your DME stuff should arrive about 4 weeks before your trip.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: