Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #331
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
They decided to go for a swim. Big surprise! With the boys now occupied for at least an hour and the room to ourselves, we managed to find something to do.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:29 AM   #332
CruisingSarah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
First of all, hi and !!

And oh my goodness, what are the odds of THAT! So sorry, I didn't mean to post anyone's pictures without permission.

I hope you had as wonderful a cruise as we did. I'd love to know what you thought of the Med, I'm hoping they go back in 2013 as that might be an option for us.

It wasn't the last time we'd see the ship that empty, not by a long shot. Did you experience that as well?

Thanks for the welcome Sorry I forgot to click the subscribe button and we've been so busy with the new school year that I haven't been on the boards for a while!

I am loving your TR, it feels like ages ago and it is bringing it all back to me.

I really noticed the rolling and creaking too, a few mornings, I didn't like it. I'm not seasick but I did find it hard to get back to sleep with it all. I just felt a lot more movement on this cruise than any other I've been on. Of course DS slept the whole way through it all, kids eh?

We did not hear the foghorn though, not once, weird Our Palo server said that on one of the previous cruises the foghorn had been blasting pretty much constantly on one of the days.

Oh sure, we saw the ship empty loads of times. I guess it helps having late dinner, you then have the ship to yourself whilst the early diners are in. We are hardy Northern English folks so we were not bothered by the weather and were happy to be out a lot of the time! Actually the weather on the sea days was mostly nice we thought!

I remember seeing that yacht as we were approaching Tracey Arm too, DH said next time that would be us I don't think so!

Oh the Med.....yes we loved the Med cruise last year The Med ports are mostly familiar to us so often we stay onboard and enjoy our own personal ship Where we do go ashore we mostly just do our own thing in a very relaxed fashion.

Whilst we loved Alaska and the scenery, we preferred the onboard experience of the ship more in the Med. Now I don't know if this is that we liked the Magic better than the Wonder or what, I don't know why it should have felt different but it did. I expected the ship experience to be the same but it wasn't and I can't quite figure out what it was that made it different. It's not that we didn't enjoy the Wonder in Alaska, we really did, but we just loved the Magic in the Med more. Perhaps it was the general vibe on the decks with the weather in the Med maybe, I don't know. Also the Med cruise was 11 nights so loads of time to really, really chill out. One more thing, the characters were out and about a whole lot more on the Magic more informally whilst on the Wonder it felt as if they were really just in the Atrium at scheduled times (TA day excepted). We will definitely cruise the Med again with DCL if they come over here again in 2013 I have a dummy booking that I am waiting to change just as soon as they announce their dates!

Looking forward to the rest of your TR, now fully subb'd

Fantasy 7 night Eastern 24th October 2015

Past:

Magic in the Med Aug 23rd 2014
Fantasy 7 night Western Oct 26th 2013
Wonder in Alaska Aug 23rd 2011
Magic in the Med Aug 7th 2010
Many great cruises on RCI
CruisingSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #333
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I can't begin to tell you, Cynthia, how much I want to take an Alaskan cruise now! Your pictures are just stunning, and I keep making Charles look at them this morning. Brunch at Palo's does sound every bit as divine as you say, and I love, love, love your picture with Minnie! That is just darling!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #334
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

I remember when we went on our Alaskan cruise that I could not believe how WHITE and how BLUE those ice chunks were that floated in the water. You can totally see it in your pictures too. It's like the cleanest, truest form of water and ice possible. It is so beautiful to me!

Great picture of you with Jeff & with Minnie. I don't think it is possible to take a bad photo with all that nature in the background!

Great update!
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #335
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Honeslty Tammie, I really don't think it was any colder than your Repo in May!

Thankfully that was the only day of foghorn.
Your cruise was probably warmer! That is not saying alot, tough! I'm sure we will do it some day for Jim, but my next cruise will be in the Caribbean, I think!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #336
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm caught up - missed a few updates. So many beautiful pictures! Your time out on deck with the books looked heavenly! Good for you for making time to relax, and time for just the two of you!

You all cleaned up really well for formal night! On our cruise, formal night was dressy, but not many tuxes - semi-formal turned out to be not formal at all for most -a couple of ladies at our table even wore jeans. I'm glad it was a nice day for you.

Oh, your pic with Minnie is so adorable! You don't get those moments on a non-disney ship for sure!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #338
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
AMAZING pictures. Sounds like Palo was fantastic, too. And how great that the boys are able to go off on their own for awhile?
It was wonderful, for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Oh my goodness, what a great morning!

I have to admit though, it's weird to me to see ice in and snow and hear about people swimming!!
pools were always in the 80's so it really was fine to swim most days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I love your explanation on why the ice is blue! We saw ice on the side of some of the mountains by my parents this past winter that was very blue and we didn't know why! I meant to look it up but I never remember to do it!
It's a pretty cool phenomena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Don't worry! I can wait - gives me something to look forward to. I did look at cruise prices yesterday - and unfortunately for a solo traveller Alaska is just way too expensive. However, the Pacific Coast cruises seem to be rather affordable... They just go from LA to SF and back (with one stop in Mexico). But the thing I am really hoping for is that the Magic will return to the Med in 2013 - the transatlantic cruises seem like the very best deal one can get!
I'd look at 2013 when it comes out as it will undoubtedly be lower than they are right now. I'm hoping for the med as well although if it's longer than a week Jeff won't be up for it.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #339
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSarah View Post
Thanks for the welcome Sorry I forgot to click the subscribe button and we've been so busy with the new school year that I haven't been on the boards for a while!

I am loving your TR, it feels like ages ago and it is bringing it all back to me.
No worries! I do that all the time (forget to subscribe)

Quote:
I really noticed the rolling and creaking too, a few mornings, I didn't like it. I'm not seasick but I did find it hard to get back to sleep with it all. I just felt a lot more movement on this cruise than any other I've been on. Of course DS slept the whole way through it all, kids eh?

We did not hear the foghorn though, not once, weird Our Palo server said that on one of the previous cruises the foghorn had been blasting pretty much constantly on one of the days.
The creaking was noticeable twice, I think. I didn't mind it and the kids slept through it but Jeff wasn't thrilled with the creaking. Foghorn only that once but oh it was loud!

Quote:
Oh sure, we saw the ship empty loads of times. I guess it helps having late dinner, you then have the ship to yourself whilst the early diners are in. We are hardy Northern English folks so we were not bothered by the weather and were happy to be out a lot of the time! Actually the weather on the sea days was mostly nice we thought!

I remember seeing that yacht as we were approaching Tracey Arm too, DH said next time that would be us I don't think so!
No kidding, my girlfriend went a week later on a smaller boat (about 250 passengers) and they were all pretty sick the first night, lots of movement.

Late dinner worked really well for us (and is when we normally eat anyway).

Quote:
Oh the Med.....yes we loved the Med cruise last year The Med ports are mostly familiar to us so often we stay onboard and enjoy our own personal ship Where we do go ashore we mostly just do our own thing in a very relaxed fashion.

Whilst we loved Alaska and the scenery, we preferred the onboard experience of the ship more in the Med. Now I don't know if this is that we liked the Magic better than the Wonder or what, I don't know why it should have felt different but it did. I expected the ship experience to be the same but it wasn't and I can't quite figure out what it was that made it different. It's not that we didn't enjoy the Wonder in Alaska, we really did, but we just loved the Magic in the Med more. Perhaps it was the general vibe on the decks with the weather in the Med maybe, I don't know. Also the Med cruise was 11 nights so loads of time to really, really chill out. One more thing, the characters were out and about a whole lot more on the Magic more informally whilst on the Wonder it felt as if they were really just in the Atrium at scheduled times (TA day excepted). We will definitely cruise the Med again with DCL if they come over here again in 2013 I have a dummy booking that I am waiting to change just as soon as they announce their dates!

Looking forward to the rest of your TR, now fully subb'd
Good info! 11 nights would probably be a bit much for Jeff but we will see. Very interesting to hear the comparison of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I can't begin to tell you, Cynthia, how much I want to take an Alaskan cruise now! Your pictures are just stunning, and I keep making Charles look at them this morning. Brunch at Palo's does sound every bit as divine as you say, and I love, love, love your picture with Minnie! That is just darling!
And what does Charles say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
I remember when we went on our Alaskan cruise that I could not believe how WHITE and how BLUE those ice chunks were that floated in the water. You can totally see it in your pictures too. It's like the cleanest, truest form of water and ice possible. It is so beautiful to me!

Great picture of you with Jeff & with Minnie. I don't think it is possible to take a bad photo with all that nature in the background!

Great update!

It is so beautiful! Just wait, lots more blue coming
Old 10-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #340
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Palo brunch sounds wonderful!

The views are just amazing.

Love the picture of you and Minnie!

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #341
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checkin' in !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #343
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad I only missed one update (I am sooooooooo far behind on everyone's reports and trying to catch up on one or two while Mark is getting ready to go to dinner with Nicki and Todd).

A great update! I love Minnie's outfit and what a great picture of the two of you (oh, and the one of you and Jeff is so cute too).

The scenery is stunning.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #344
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm so glad I only missed one update (I am sooooooooo far behind on everyone's reports and trying to catch up on one or two while Mark is getting ready to go to dinner with Nicki and Todd).

A great update! I love Minnie's outfit and what a great picture of the two of you (oh, and the one of you and Jeff is so cute too).

The scenery is stunning.
Hi Kathy! Have a great dinner, I know you guys will

Yep, only one update. I had a girls weekend away and Tracy Arm has SO many pictures, I wanted to take my time on the big update. Probably today or tomorrow for that one. The scenery keeps getting better I promise.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #345
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

FE Goodies!

Before I get to the rest of Tracy Arm, which is a monster of an update, I thought I’d share our FE gifts as we handed them out on our Tracy Arm Day.

I knew I wanted to make something but what, I had no idea! First off, I needed some Alaska themed ideas so I made these guys

We decided to make journals for each cabin

Front

Back

Inside

I felt odd giving just the cabin a gift and wanted to something little for each person in our FE so we made stickers

And put some in a bag with a little bit of candy and some mini magnifying glass. Each cabin got at least one full set but not each person got all 5.

Everyone got this sticker on their bags

I hope my FE mates had as much fun making theirs as we did ours!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: