Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
srobinet
Mouseketeer

Crowds in Late May/Weather

Sorry if this does not belong here I was not sure which forum to post it under. For those of you who have been around May 23/24 what were the crowds like? Were they manageable and what was the approximate wait on rides? School will still be in session for some states so we are hoping to miss some of the out of school crowd.

Would the weather be about the same as early September or maybe just a little cooler or less humidity?
srobinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
Goofy&Sleepy
Mouseketeer

We went this year, Memorial Day week/weekend. It was GREAT! Warm enough to swim. A lot of school groups but it was very manageable. Expected Memorial Day to be crowded but it was not. We arrived the Sun. before Memorial Day & did not go to a park . Planning to go back same time this year to use AP's. We were gone before the first weekend in June (which is typically Gay & Lesbian weekend). While it doesn't bother me, just didn't want to do too much explaining to young daughters.
Goofy&Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Macprincess
Mouseketeer

I live in South West FL. My kids go to private school and typically get out of school around the 20th of May. This is about a week or two before our local public schools get out. We often take advantage of this time frame in late May to sneak in a week at the parks before the summer crowds hit. It's far less crowded with very little wait time for attractions. The Holiday weekend will be more crowded.

Weather is nice but humid. We're living in shorts and flip flops this time of year. Pool time is a must. You might get an afternoon shower pattern if humidity is high. You may also have to deal with lovebugs (harmless but annoying.) They are often gone by late May but can still be hanging around.

You will see lots of school groups in the parks. Really there not all that bad in the parks. I would avoid staying at The All Star Resorts during this time of year. The school groups, mostly senior class trips, fill these resorts. We had a horrible experince with noise and undersupervised teens taking over the resort when we stayed here in late May one year. Never again! Other times of the year have been great at The All Stars but late May is not worth it here in my opinion.
Macprincess is offline   Reply With Quote