Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
greenclan67
Callie35

Mystic Dunes Resort and Golf Club

HI again, In the planning stages of our March 2012 trip. We were supposed to take a break this year and go next year, but of course that didn't happen. Why, I was offered a great price for 12 nights March 4 to March 16th or March 11 to march 23 from the same person we have used to rent timeshare at Cypress Pointe the last 2 years. We were offered Mystic Dunes for these dates at $590 for a 2 bdrm. How will I like this resort compared to Cypress Point Grand Villas? We love the location of the CPGV, but will actually not be doin many parks at all this year in Orlando. Maybe Tampa but not Orlando. This is to be a budget trip and just to get away from the Cdn winter. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
swilshire
DIS Veteran

That's an incredible price. Mystic Dunes is a very nice resort and pretty convenient to the Interstate, so trips to Tampa would be easy. My kids like their mini golf and they also rent bikes. I haven't stayed at CPGV, but I don't think you can go wrong at Mystic Dunes with that price.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
greenclan67
Callie35

Thanks Sheila, I thought the same thing with the price. I am assuming by looking at maps and such, these seems to be out closer to Old Town and that area. I know where Star Island is, is this resort anywhere near there? How about restaurants nearby? We like CPGV as it is close to alot of restaurants. Any info or pictures you could share would be great. I have 2 girls, they will be 12 & 10 at the time. How many pools? I was told 4, with water slide, and lazy river, sound right?

Old 09-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
swilshire
DIS Veteran

I don't think it's at all close to Old Town, but I've never gone past the Interstate entrance on 192. It's just west of the Disney World ramps. Very close to the Disney parks, but you said that wasn't a factor. Easy access to I-4 to go in either direction. Mystic Dunes is right behind Windsor Hills, if I remember correctly.

We don't eat out a lot, but just west of the road to Mystic Dunes there are many choices. I remember the Cracker Barrel and Olive Garden, but there are lots of others.

Not sure on the pools as we tend to go at Christmas time when it's too cold to use them. I found this map online http://www.mystic-dunes-resort.com/r...ort_layout.htm . The Dunes Lagoon is the newest one, I think, because we stayed in that section several years ago and it wasn't there at the time. I remember seeing it on a later trip.

We were in building 31 on our last trip and could stand on the back balcony (hallway type balcony) and watch the New Year's Eve fireworks from all the Disney parks, Universal Studios and a couple of others that we couldn't identify. Pretty cool.

Sheila
Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
5forDis
Mouseketeer

We love Mystic Funes---much closer to Disney than Star Island or Cypress Gardens. There is a pool with a water slide (not sure about lazy river)& then other smaller pools. The condos are spacious--- and lots of restaurants nearby.

14 12 9

5forDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
greenclan67
Callie35

Thank you so much for your input! I am trying in my head to picture where this is. I keep looking at the map, and can't visualize. Maybe someone has a landmark that would be close. I know where Apopka Vineland runs. I know where Cypress Point is, Lake Buena Vista resort village, Caribe Royal, sheraton vistana, and coco key resort. Any of this close by, or am I way off base. I know it is on 192 or just off. I am just trying to visualize landmarks in relation to where this is. I do believe I will like this resort, just hoping it is not further away then what I want!

Old 09-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
cheerky
Mouseketeer

It is located very close to Windsor Hills. We have stayed at WH several times. Access to I-4 is very convenient and you will be one traffic light away from Sherberth Rd. which connects 192 (passes Silver Lake Resort) to Osceola Pkwy (I think) right near Animal Kingdom. There is a Winn Dixie, Cracker Barrel and many other restaurants, shopping, etc. nearby.

We are booked at Mystic Dunes (first time) Dec. 17-23. I've read mixed reviews about the resort but I got a deal I couldn't pass up- $202 for 6 nights!!! (No timeshare tour promo ) From reading these boards, many suggest requesting a refurbished unit. I will be sure to post a review of the property when we return.
cheerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
greenclan67
Callie35

We got a great price to 13 nights for $590, in a 2 brm. From a person I rented from before. We are only staying 11 or 12 of those nights though~! I would love to hear your review and pictures when you come back!

Old 10-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
swilshire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Thank you so much for your input! I am trying in my head to picture where this is. I keep looking at the map, and can't visualize. Maybe someone has a landmark that would be close. I know where Apopka Vineland runs. I know where Cypress Point is, Lake Buena Vista resort village, Caribe Royal, sheraton vistana, and coco key resort. Any of this close by, or am I way off base. I know it is on 192 or just off. I am just trying to visualize landmarks in relation to where this is. I do believe I will like this resort, just hoping it is not further away then what I want!
Mystic Dunes is closer to everything than Sheraton Vistana except Downtown Disney. Mystic Dunes is between I-4 and 192 (closer to 192) and about even north and south with the Animal Kingdom. So you go slightly east to get on the road to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Or, as mentioned above, you go west one light to go to the Animal Kingdom.

Sheila
Old 10-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
tednvon
DIS Veteran

Location: Iowa City, Iowa...now stay Jan, Feb, Mar, just south Disney in Sunset Lakes...lucky us!!

Hi, I think you will like MDunes. I work there as a golf starter from Jan to April and really enjoy it. Nice upscale condos with lots of marble and tile and fancy whirlpool tubs.

Easy to find on google...go to google maps and search Disney World.
Put it on Satellite and find Animal Kingdom on far west (your left) end of Disney World...now go straight south of Animal Kindom down Old Lake Wilson Road. MDunes is the golf course between Windsor Hills and Sand Lake Road.

Enjoy...Ted
Old 10-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #11
greenclan67
Callie35

Thanks Ted, I guess we will see you there then! One more question I am asking for my hubby, is there any outdoor hot tubs?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
tednvon
DIS Veteran

Location: Iowa City, Iowa...now stay Jan, Feb, Mar, just south Disney in Sunset Lakes...lucky us!!

I am sure they have them by the 3 pools
Old 10-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #13
greenclan67
Callie35

Oh I hope it is true, my hubby will be so happy!