Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #31
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

very interested

in seeing the comparisons.

What activities are there for little ones?

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #32
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Oh, I cant' wait for the rest!

I loved our DCL cruise but have since taken 3 (3!) Carnival cruises and loved them as well.

We're back to back on the Dream this October but then I'm thinking we might branch out a little bit.

The Oasis and Allure are definite contenders.

Thanks for writing this report Jen.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #33
DundasDad
Mouseketeer

You gotta start charging for these ... love your TR's!
Port Orleans Riverside March 2009
Kissimmee Condo (Grumpy's Villa) March 2010
Western Magic March 2011
Eastern Magic & Port Orleans Riverside March 2012
Double Dip on the Dream July 2015

DundasDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #34
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Checking In!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #35
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Well I guess I could have looked at your tickers! LOL! Great job on keeping that secret! She will be so shocked and excited!!! Sounds awesome!!!
Meh, you're busy Love hearing about the trip, can't wait to read more!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #36
narsibvl
DIS Veteran

Loving it already...my opinion of the ship,just my opinion, it is big but lacks the class of the Disney's.
narsibvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #37
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I take it you're no closer to finishing yours yet then Only 2 weeks before we leave for our vacation you know (no pressure)
I'm VERY close, but I'm delaying it. I don't want it to end!!!! I promise to wrap it up this week though. Just for YOU!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #38
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Oh my dear Kara, just you wait until I get going!

That's awesome about Freedom, you will love it! In a lot of ways I still prefer Freedom class- mostly in that it doesn't take 10-15 minutes and 1/4 mile to get from forward to aft.

Drea is hooking me on Carny too. That new Breeze and it's itinerary is awful intriguing. So is the price point- $2800 for all 5 of us on an 8 night southern?!?! SOLD! We just have to figure out when we will go.

Are you doing Eastern or Western on Freedom? Labadee or Coco Cay?
FOTS is a Western, which we will be doing this coming March. Not sure if we will like as much as the EAstern, but looking forward to it! If for some reason we just hate that itinerary, which seems unlikely but you never know, we can always look at other options.....

I LOVE the Carnival Breeze itinerary and I am also looking at that 8 night Southern!!!!! You should see my 3 page spreadsheet showing the dates, itineraries, and prices for EVERY flippin ship between PC, Miami, Ft L, Tampa, and New Orleans. We really like Tampa, PC and NO though because we can drive to those. Miami or Ft L we would have to fly (although we do have enough frequent flier miles.......).

We have friends who cruised on the Oasis this summer, but they I only saw 3 pics on FB and all they said was "It was awesome." Um.... excuse me, but that's not a Trip Report!!!!! So bring it on girlfriend, I'm ready!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #39
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Great start and can't wait for the next update!
Señor DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #40
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Here and loving the read so far!

That video in the car cracks me up. Sara is still such a cutie. And has Savannah grown like a foot or something since last year? She looks so tall in those photos standing next to Ron.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #41
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Great report
can't wait to hear more
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #42
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Stupid Is As Stupid Eats!

We headed a few blocks north on A1A to Bubba Gump’s for dinner. Yea...I know. In a new town, maybe we should have found somewhere more unique and local to eat. But......this is what we were in the mood for. Shrimp, the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew...well you get the idea.

Pretty darn busy on this Saturday Night:

We had to wait a few for a seat. Luckily they had these blocks to amuse Sarah, and this bench to amuse everyone else:

There was a nice breeze so we elected to eat outside on under the covered porch. Food and service were both good, if a little pricey. Ok a LOT pricey. As in when we got the bill this was our reaction:

Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself. We really did like eating outside, if it as a bit hot at first (this would become a trend in the days to come)

Our Appetizer:
Shrimper’s Net Catch Peel ‘N Eat Shrimp (1/2 Garlic, ½ Cajun) $12.49

These were good. I don't usually chow down on the peel & eat's so when I tried one and it was a bit crunchy I was scoffed at for not knowing why they are called PEEL AND EAT. Yeah well. Stupid is as......

Anyway everyone pretty much preferred the garlic to the cajun flavored ones. I only had cajun, and it tasted pretty good to me, even with the shell.

Can I blame it on this Lt. Dan's Drunken Punch??? (It wasn't really called that- don't ask!)

Brendan had the Shrimp Po Boy ($10.99)

He thought it was FANTASTIC! And he ate the whole thing!

I had the Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp $17.59

Oh yeah, very good! for the price...eh,7 shrimp-not so much.....but they were delish. And the only crunch this time was the coconut!

Ron had Lt. Dan’s Drunken Shrimp (yes they really were called that)-$16.59

Large chargrilled shrimp and andouille sausage with mashed potatoes and bourbon sauce!

He thought it was good, but he regretted getting it because there was something else he wanted more. No idea what that was, I'm sure he'll tell us.

The kids’ meals come in a cute “Jenny” boat: ($4.99-$5.29)

(Yes I am biased and not ashamed to admit it!)

Dessert: Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae $7.50 (enough to share!) This was AMAZING!!!

The kids each got a Build-Your-Own Sundae: The had fun, made a mess, and I think managed to eat some too:

It's a good thing we were so miserably tired and full that we didn't care that we just dropped, oh- about a buck fifty and headed back to the hotel to try to get some rest.

We were so excited though, it was hard to go to sleep, and once we did, even harder to stay asleep- a problem exacerbated by a very noisy party going on across the hall that did not quite down until well after 4 AM. I don't know what the heck they had going on over there, it spanned about 3 rooms. It wasn't so bad when nobody was coming or going, but when they were.. (which was pretty much constantly). It actually sounded like some kind of weird gambling party.

The noise did not bother the kids a bit though, and actually once I realized it was close to 5 AM and I could watch Allure arrive on the webcam my enthusiasm only built more!

Oh yeah, in just a few hours we'll be on that baby!

Up next: Welcome to Duloc!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #43
princessnpirate
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the trip report!

I am so excited you are writing this. We have been on 2 DCL cruises and are hooked (we have always been huge Disney fans) but this May we are going on the Allure of the Seas for my mother's 60th and it is hard to find much detail out there.

Thanks and I cannot wait to read more!
princessnpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #44
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Sorry gang, I have to work tonight. I wanted to get this quickie post up for you, the real good stuff is coming up!

Tomorrow morning or afternoon I'll be able to address those who have posted recently!

Til then....

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #45
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

The food at Bubba's looks awesome! I am soooo hungry

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allure, cruise, rccl, rci, shrek

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: