Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #91
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast
 
tony64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: hampshire
Posts: 8,964

You guys crack me up, Lovin' this report soooo much.
I can't wait to get to Castaway Cay.
__________________
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012


tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:28 AM   #92
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony64 View Post
You guys crack me up, Lovin' this report soooo much.
I can't wait to get to Castaway Cay.
Welcome and thanks for the compliments! We had a blast, so we hope everyone who reads this TR gets that sense from us. I've been lagging behind in my TR updating, but I will working on the next installment later today, so stay tuned!
__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #93
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,344

Palo and "Pirates Night"--Which One Do You Think We Chose?

First off, let me do a self-correction and say that the preview title at the end of the last episode should have read what you see immediately above. Waste is a terrible thing to mind. . .

Our day at CC had featured tons of sun and exertion (5K, Cap’n Jack marathon, Pelican Plunge, snorkeling, parasailing, drinking), so when we walked through our stateroom door (which was graced by a card from Remy—the restaurant not the actual mouse. . .not that he is a real mouse since he is digitally rendered, well digital in the sense of pixels not fingers, though fingers are involved at some point in the process I’m sure—reminding us of our reservation there tomorrow night [Palo had done the same thing the day before]), we were pleasantly fatigued. . .and hungry. We had our seating at 6 so there was plenty of time to ready ourselves to include me wrestling with the tub.

As some of you may have read in a previous TR of mine, I have a history with those faux tubs, glorified sinks really. Quicksand hasn’t a thing over these Barbie tubs, I’m telling you. I was a little wiser this time around and brought a Batman-like utility belt to keep in hands’ reach: a grappling hook and line to toss out and pull me free, hands free soap gel that I could squeeze between my knees, goggles for inadvertent soapy spray, a Kevlar vest to prevent a punctured lung from the spigot, ibuprofen for cramped muscles, my “I’m stuck and I can’t get up” button, and a full bottle. . .glass of Sauvignon Blanc just because.
I was psyched.
I was prepared.
This. Year. I. Would. Win.

“Babe,” the voice was quiet, stealthy.

With a cat-like grace, I hopped off the bed where I’d been doing my best imitation of Andy Dufresne when he’s free of Shawshank and landed squarely next to luvvwl, scowling like George Clooney (though it came across more like George Jetson) and trumpeting a bellowed, “Yes!?”
“You know there’s a shower, right?” CTye the crickets.
“Wha-h-h. . .?”
“Shower. There is one,” she smiled patronizingly.
“That’s a smirk, isn’t it?” inquired I.
“Yep.” More smirk.

If crestfallen was a waterfall, I’d have been Niagra. No battle royale. No redemption. No conquering. Just smirk. Smugness not my own. A bitter pill (okay, more like kinda yucky) to swallow. But, there were other pinnacles yet to scale that night. . .

Next up: No, Really, I Talk about Palo!
(sponsored by How to Fall Asleep Quickly while Typing, a Sleepydog Sleep Product for Sleepiness, LLC)
__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #94
Sorcerer Mom
Mouseketeer
 
Sorcerer Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 492

This is THE best trip report ever! I don't think I've every laughed out loud before All I want to know is when you're booking your next Disney cruise 'cause I wanna be on that ship...you guys are a hoot!
__________________

WDW: 2001, 2008, 2011 DL: 2002, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07,08, 09, 11, 12, 13 DCL: 6/15/08, our 1st Magical Cruise, DCL: 1/2/10, our 2nd MAGICal Cruise, DCL: 1/2/12, our 3rd WONDERful Cruise,; DCL: 6/23/12 our FANTASY cruise, DCL: 8/4/14 WONDERful Alaskan Adventure
Sorcerer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #95
Wonder2008
Mouseketeer
 
Wonder2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 180

You two are so entertaining!

Anyway, I have a few questions about your spa time in Nassau. I know you said you got the pass for the whole cruise. When you went to the hot tub, did you have to wait for one to open or did you just help yourself? Also, about the showers, I've seen pictures of a series of circular spaces with blue tiles, red tiles, and so on. Did you just go into the ones you wanted to? How did you know what each one would be like (hot, cold, etc)? Was it crowded?

Thanks for helping out, and I look forward to reading more of your entertaining report!

Robert
__________________

D23 Gold Charter Member
Walt Disney World Annual Passholder
Disneyland: 2006 (50th Anniversary), 2007, 2009, Dec 2013
Disney Wonder: 2008, 2009
Disney Dream: 2011
Walt Disney World: Numerous!
Wonder2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #96
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer Mom View Post
This is THE best trip report ever! I don't think I've every laughed out loud before All I want to know is when you're booking your next Disney cruise 'cause I wanna be on that ship...you guys are a hoot!
July 8! lololol Though that will likely change to 2013. Nonetheless, thank you, thank you for the warm comments. As I've said earlier, our intent is primarily to entertain and, hopefully, along the way, we also provide some nice tips, pointers, and reviews. More will be up soon!
__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #97
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder2008 View Post
You two are so entertaining!

Anyway, I have a few questions about your spa time in Nassau. I know you said you got the pass for the whole cruise. When you went to the hot tub, did you have to wait for one to open or did you just help yourself? Also, about the showers, I've seen pictures of a series of circular spaces with blue tiles, red tiles, and so on. Did you just go into the ones you wanted to? How did you know what each one would be like (hot, cold, etc)? Was it crowded?

Thanks for helping out, and I look forward to reading more of your entertaining report!

Robert
I'm mildly entertaining--luvvwl is a real hoot! On to your questions, Robert (and if I'm wrong I'm sure a certain someone will set me straight). . .

When we showed for the spa, we had less than a 10-minute wait to get to a hot tub. As I've mentioned, the tubs are big enough to hold 4-5 people, but the tendency was to only have two at a time in them (there are two hot tubs). Couples seemed to only occupy them for about 15 minutes before leaving, an almost unspoken acknowledgement that others were waiting to get in. It was quite nice to see. As for the showers, they were all open when we stepped into them. There are descriptions of them on a card, but the "warm" adjective is a bit of a misnomer for most of them. They are a brisk contrast to the hot tub, especially the one that dumps on you. It also happens to be the one shower with the warmest "rain," too, and when you least expect it--deluge! Cold! They weren't crowded, and they don't actually lend themselves to standing in them for more than 2-3 minutes. You just walk right on in to any open shower. Keep in mind, these are more sensual, aromatic showers with wide open entrances, not real cleaning showers. They all sit together in a pod of sorts, showers on either side of a open walkway that leads to the saunas. You just step into one, and the shower does the rest. There are buttons that ostensibly change the rate, style, and temperature of the water, but I don't know that they do much. When you come out, you'll be smelling quite tropical and lovely, like a drink someone makes in the Mixology tasting. Hope this helps, and thanks for subscribing!
__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #98
ladybug23
Mouseketeer
 
ladybug23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
I'm mildly entertaining--luvvwl is a real hoot! On to your questions, Robert (and if I'm wrong I'm sure a certain someone will set me straight). . .

When we showed for the spa, we had less than a 10-minute wait to get to a hot tub. As I've mentioned, the tubs are big enough to hold 4-5 people, but the tendency was to only have two at a time in them (there are two hot tubs). Couples seemed to only occupy them for about 15 minutes before leaving, an almost unspoken acknowledgement that others were waiting to get in. It was quite nice to see. As for the showers, they were all open when we stepped into them. There are descriptions of them on a card, but the "warm" adjective is a bit of a misnomer for most of them. They are a brisk contrast to the hot tub, especially the one that dumps on you. It also happens to be the one shower with the warmest "rain," too, and when you least expect it--deluge! Cold! They weren't crowded, and they don't actually lend themselves to standing in them for more than 2-3 minutes. You just walk right on in to any open shower. Keep in mind, these are more sensual, aromatic showers with wide open entrances, not real cleaning showers. They all sit together in a pod of sorts, showers on either side of a open walkway that leads to the saunas. You just step into one, and the shower does the rest. There are buttons that ostensibly change the rate, style, and temperature of the water, but I don't know that they do much. When you come out, you'll be smelling quite tropical and lovely, like a drink someone makes in the Mixology tasting. Hope this helps, and thanks for subscribing!
THANK YOU!!! I wanted to know and glad someone asked and you answered.

Now - my question is and I can't wait to hear about it in the TR, but is Remy's really worth $75 per person plus tip??? Seems crazy if you ask me, but am sooo waiting to hear why it is worth that. I mean to they massage my back and my feet while I eat the most lucious meal I have never ever dreamed about? Thanks!
__________________
Disneyland - too many times to count
WDW - 1989, 1994, 2010
DCL-7 night Western Carribean 2008, 2010
DCL-4 night Bahama 11/6/2011
DCL-7 night Eastern Carribean 12/1/2012, 11/2/2013





[/url]
ladybug23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #99
trente33trois
Earning My Ears
 
trente33trois's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 19

All I know is that you guys are the people I want to travel with. Fabulous.
__________________
Mimo
Mom to Lulu (10) & Monkey the Jedi (8)

First Cruise Ever 10/23/11 on the Wonder!
Wishing really hard for Hawaii 2013!
trente33trois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #100
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug23 View Post
THANK YOU!!! I wanted to know and glad someone asked and you answered.

Now - my question is and I can't wait to hear about it in the TR, but is Remy's really worth $75 per person plus tip??? Seems crazy if you ask me, but am sooo waiting to hear why it is worth that. I mean to they massage my back and my feet while I eat the most lucious meal I have never ever dreamed about? Thanks!
Thank YOU for tuning in! Our new subscribers get a free calculator for just $15.99 (shipping & handling)!

As for Remy, I will say this much: oh, yes, it is definitely worth the extra dough IF. . .
a) you want exceptional food
b) you want exceptional service
c) you want exceptional ambience
d) you want a truly memorable dining experience

Remy might not be for someone who. . .
a) thinks hamburger steak is haute cuisine
b) thinks foam or gel is for the bathtub only
c) hates seafood, fish, beef, pork, and vegetables
d) relates dressing up to prison sentence

No massages, I'm afraid, but the most personalized service in the Disney universe outside of Victoria and Albert's. Actually, Remy is quite similar to V & A's at a far better price. You. Should. Go.
__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:08 AM   #101
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by trente33trois View Post
All I know is that you guys are the people I want to travel with. Fabulous.
We are taking reservations for a sail-away party on our next cruise. . .

Oh, did you want in on that free (plus $15.99 shipping & handling) calculator offer?

And, thank you for joining in.
__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:13 AM   #102
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast
 
tony64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: hampshire
Posts: 8,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
We are taking reservations for a sail-away party on our next cruise. . .

Oh, did you want in on that free (plus $15.99 shipping & handling) calculator offer?

And, thank you for joining in.
Well worth it, I hope that's International shipping.
__________________
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012


tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #103
luvvwl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 137

Awwww!!

You are all sooooo sweet!!

We DO have a lot of fun, every day. I am the luckiest woman to have met someone so perfect for me. The BEST part of my days are coming home to him.

And.

***************NEWSFLASH*******************

We pick up the CC underwater pics today!!!!!!

Hopefully:

a) some of them actually came out
2) I can get them scanned and uploaded tonight.

All I will say about these is that they come with a blanket apology...

If any of you were ANYWHERE NEAR the snorkeling lagoon on Sept 13th and were subjected to a grown woman trailing after a man WOEFULLY crying "Babe, my thingie keeps deflating!", "Babe, this water tastes disgusting!!", "Babe, my mask keeps getting foggy!" and LOTS of "PHFLM", "POOEY", "YUCK", "NASTY", etc, then please accept my most sincere apologies!!!

And. If it happened to provide you with gut-busting laughs and an enjoyable interlude to you day, well then, a big YOU'RE WELCOME!
luvvwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #104
Wonder2008
Mouseketeer
 
Wonder2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 180

Thanks a lot for answering my question.

I'm looking forward to your underwater pictures. I'm not sure you know this or not, but some camera companies make plastic waterproof cases for their digital cameras. They are very expensive, but custom for each camera model. There are also less expensive waterproof pouches you can get for your camera, based on its dimensions. I've never done either of these, but I'm looking into the pouch option for whenever I cruise again.

I hope that helps!

Robert
__________________

D23 Gold Charter Member
Walt Disney World Annual Passholder
Disneyland: 2006 (50th Anniversary), 2007, 2009, Dec 2013
Disney Wonder: 2008, 2009
Disney Dream: 2011
Walt Disney World: Numerous!
Wonder2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #105
luvvwl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 137

I’ll start off right now by saying please excuse the quality of these pics. They were taken with one of those inexpensive (aka CHEAP) disposable “waterproof” Kodak cameras. That SOMEONE said would be good enough.

“We don’t need an underwater digital camera, babe. This will take pretty decent pictures.”

You all are my witnesses… Now I ask you, does this even REMOTELY look comfortable? Or cute and fashionable?? I rest my case. But, I had never snorkeled and I’m always game for anything. Once.



It doesn’t look so big this far away, does it?



Pretty fishy!



It’s Mickey!!!!! No, really. It is. Squint real hard!



SD and Mickey. Are they making out??? In that nasty salt water?? Eeewwww!!! I have to kiss that mouth! (SD’s, not Mickey’s that is)



Oh, here are a couple we took when we were parasailing!



Look how high!!



All in all, it took ok shots, I think. But. REST ASSURED, next time we'll have the camera I wanted.

Last edited by luvvwl; 10-06-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: oh dear, these are teeny, tiny! Andy Warhol I am not
luvvwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: