Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #496
emmabemmainc
DIS Veteran

I love Via Napoli and am shocked at how many people listed that are their never to return to place! We went in April (a party of 8) and every single one of us was happy with the food---we ordered atleast 4 appetizers and I think every dessert (along with 8 of the entrees)--and everything was great!

The only place that I may not return to is Yak & Yeti. It wasn't bad, just not great. For some reason, every time I think about it, I feel a bit nauseous. I have no idea why!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #497
mhconley
Califloridian

Tony's Town Square - and not for the reason you may think. I had the lasagna at 5:00 PM on our MNSSHP night. It was very good and I ate the whole serving. The problem was it was HUGE, gave me heartburn and weighed on my tummy all night. Something light would have been a much better choice.

I'd have to cite our lunch at Flame Tree Barbeque in AK for the same reason...

Both meals were good - they were just much too heavy for walking around the parks.

Martin
Walt Disney World off-site: Summer 1972
Polynesian: Summer 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary Resort: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Disney Fantasy: June 6-13, 2015
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #498
mmay60046
Mouseketeer

Cinderella's Royal Table-breakfast.

I don't regret taking my daughter there because she loved the interaction with the princesses. But I do regret EATING there. Regretted it for at least 24 hours.
mmay60046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:08 AM   #499
DONALD38
GO BLUE!!!

We were at Crystal Palace before, our last trip we ate at Crystal Palace again for dinner and it was the worst place we ate at our entire trip. I might have to put all of are counter service locations above Crystal Palace. The food selection and food itself just wasn't that good. It was a major turn around from the last visit there.

Me DW DS(9) DS(6)

DONALD38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #500
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabemmainc View Post
I love Via Napoli and am shocked at how many people listed that are their never to return to place! We went in April (a party of 8) and every single one of us was happy with the food---we ordered atleast 4 appetizers and I think every dessert (along with 8 of the entrees)--and everything was great!

The only place that I may not return to is Yak & Yeti. It wasn't bad, just not great. For some reason, every time I think about it, I feel a bit nauseous. I have no idea why!
Via Napoli was our whole family favorite resturant. Next time- we're going there twice!!
Old 10-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #501
Csaks
DIS Veteran

I'm going to say Corral Reef for worst food and atmosphere. If you are not near the window it really sucks, then again if you are, those that think it is cute to let their three year old wonder around your table looking in the window while you are trying to have a good time with your own family is really a pain in the butt. The food was bland and boring and I agree with someone else in this thread those split bench seats at the back are the worst. The noise from guests in there is incredible, I don't know if it is the low ceiling or the shape of the room but it is loud. We have been twice a few years apart and will not be back.

Sadly I will also add Le Cellier to the list. I love the place but if Disney is going to make me give up two dining credits to eat there then I will walk 10 more minutes to YC Steakhouse. As a one credit place it was worth it, not now unless they seriously up the menu.

Chris & Amy.
Csaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #502
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

Coral Reef.

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Disney Fantasy - Apr 2013, Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - May/June 2014, Mediterranean

Sept 14 - Fort Wilderness
Stinkerbell1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #503
TLBlair
Earning My Ears

Boma for us
TLBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #504
GrumpyDad1974
Mouseketeer

Coral Reef... don't believe the hype. We ended up at the back of the restuarant when we heard the whole place was a aqaurium. The food was ok, we just thought we would be near the glass...
2008 September-Pop Century (Free Dining) 2009 June-Pop Century (Buy 4 get 3 Free) 2010 June-Loews Royal Pacific Hotel (Stay 7 pay 4) 2010 December- Pop Century (Free Dinning) 2012 March-All Star Sports (Free Dinning) 2013 March US/IOA/SW/BG (aka the darkside trip) 2014 April Pop Century
GrumpyDad1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #505
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Sci-Fi Dine is on my "never visit" list. The atmosphere is great and I love it, but the food is not so good and service is spotty, especially if busy. I also noticed that even if I had reservations, I always had to wait at least 30 minutes to get in. On top of that, the programs they show on the big screen only loop for about 45 minutes or an hour, so if you're there for a bit then you'll see the whole show they play 1.5 times before you finally leave.

The ABC Comm needs to be plowed under, though when I went in '99, it was Pizza Planet that was utterly disgusting.

Overall, I noticed a real lack of places to eat at MGM. 50's Prime is fun, though, but even then the food is only just above average. Not bad, but not the most amazing.

I'm shocked to see the negative stuff about Coral Reef. I've been twice and both times they were the dining experiences that stood out from the whole trip. The first time I was far right, second or third landing row back, but I could still see the tank fine. The second time we were the second row from the tank (about 20 feet away) on the far right, and other than the occasionaly lookey-loo, we were left mostly alone. Both times, the waiters stuck out as being especially great. I'd say they were both the top 2 waiters I've had at any place I've ever eaten in and out of WDW. Maybe we got lucky? Either way, it's always my first reservation I make after I book my trip... This time around, I actually made the reservation for CR before I bought plane tickets.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #506
Mrs.Reese
My name is Dr. Reese and I am a crocaholic

I may get flamed but 50's PTC. I'm a celiac and had contacted the restaurant beforehand where they swore they could make me fried chicken. We show up for our ADR and the chef really discouraged me from it. He really pushed me towards the "pot pie." Well the "pot pie" was nothing more than a gluten-free bun in half with the pot pie ingredients poured over it. I was none too happy! He obviously didn't want to go through the effort and wanted to make something quick. The server also pretty much ignored us. Didn't check on us until we were done eating! I actually wrote a complaint about that one.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #507
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Coral Reef. Bad service, bad oversalty food, and although we weren't at a bad table (we were at the first row of booths by the aquarium, which was great), we could see how people would be annoyed. If you sit right next to the tank, other people's kids run up to the glass and bother you. Annoying, and not worth it.
lilpooh108 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #508
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. We were on the DxDP and actually had a server argue with me about whether the appetizer was included with the meal or not. I finally told the server to bring me the appetizer and we'd deal with the bill at the end of the meal.

The tables were too close together and the seating was 45 minutes after our ADR time. I liked looking at all the memorabilia. The truth is, I don't think the food was really all that great either.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #509
Soarin_04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV View Post
The Luau. It was expensive... the food choices were bad and we barely ate, and the show was so-so. Oh, and the seating was uncomfortable.
Amen Sister! Total waste of a meal and the money spent for it. There are so many other good places.

Ditto Mama Melrose. Cold food. Horrible service. Absolutely disgusting flatbread (that my sons says, reading over my shoulder, tasted like feet smell).

We did the Fantasmic package and we should've just taken our chances with getting seats without the package.
Soarin_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #510
Tinkerbellah
Mouseketeer

LOL!!! I think the pizza delivery is the ONLY truly BAD thing I ever ate @ WDW. If I order pizza it would be from an off property pizza shop. However, I don't mind the mini pizza served @ CS places. Not awesome but w/ a salad, it does the trick.

My husband & I LOVED the Spirit of Aloha! Our food was FANTASTIC!
Tinkerbellah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: