Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #16
skhermsmeyer
Donald's #1 with my kids! Go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClanHarrison View Post
http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/

This isn't in WH but in the same area...and I would go out on a limb and say THE BEST home in Orlando.

We stayed at SLM this summer and I can't imagine a better home in the Orlando area. The owners are FABULOUS, the home is FABULOUS and they take GREAT pride & upkeep in their home.

It was the best place we've EVER stayed in-so hi-tech & luxurious-& the best vacation any of us have had.

We had 12 people and it never felt like it (8 adults & 4 kids ages 12-16). We spent a lot of time looking for each other .

Good luck on your search!
Wow. Great looking home, but they want $5250 for our dates next year. My DH looked at me like I was crazy and said not in my wildest dreams. lol back to the drawing board!

POP (Dec 2008) Off-site (Dec 2010) Off-site (May 2011) Off-site (Sept. 2011) Off-site (Oct-Nov 2011) Off-site (2012?) Off-site (2013?)

Winner of SOME kind of OMDD contest! At least I'm not paying!!!!
skhermsmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #17
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Yeah, I know...it APPEARS to be astronomical upon first look. But it depends on how you look at it. This home is HUGE & isn't for just one family so it's more economical when you share it with at least 4 other families, as we did.

It also depends on the level of comfort & luxury you're accustomed to or require. This home gives you that & MORE. When I go away, I feel more comfortable staying somewhere known for it's quality (Marriott's or better but I'm certainly not a Ritz Carlton girl--though I'd jump at the chance to stay there for a great discount rate). I'm willing to pay for that the cheapest way I can go. So I know I have to look forward to having to pay at LEAST $200 a night ($400 a nt. for 2 rooms). My portion for SLM averaged out to be $281.00 per night and that covered my family of 4 per night. I usually get my kids their own room in a hotel, so I couldn't get that price ANYWHERE, for the level of quality of vacation we had for 2 NICE hotel rooms.

So tell hubby...it's all in how you rationalize it, & how you do it .

I can tell you, we're paying more for our upcoming Spring Break trip staying at Bonnet Creek than we did having the house last summer over 4th of July. And we had a WICKED pool party at the Summer Kitchen too.

I have spoiled everybody.

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !

We miss you SLM & just can't seem to stay away: Star Lake Manor July 2013!
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #18
MBDMOM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclairmom View Post
We stayed in the 5 bedroom home owned by Bob Lavender.

We tried to book again with him for our April 2011 trip but he was booked. He was amazingly responsive, dealt with any questions personally and the house was gorgeous. I would recommend either of his houses to anyone.
I can vouch for that! We stayed in the same 5 bedroom home in WH owned by Bob Lavender in June 2010 and it was stunning and VERY CLEAN! He was very responsive to our questions and we had a wonderful stay. We would book again with him if we had the oportunity.

Jamie
MBDMOM is offline   Reply With Quote