Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #31
magictheone
Earning My Ears

How may people can you put on the deck?
magictheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #32
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictheone View Post
How may people can you put on the deck?
I guess as many as will fit. I am sure 15 to 20 would easily be able to hang out based on the amount of furniture.

DWF
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #33
MrsMinease
Mouseketeer

I'll apologize in advance if this question is taboo, but I'm genuinely curious... how much does a suite like this cost??? I can see the Cat T and Vs on the DCL website, but don't see these suites listed. We're considering indulging in one of these in 2013/2014 and booking when we're on the Fantasy next Sept.

Me: DH: p: DS:
MrsMinease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #34
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMinease View Post
I'll apologize in advance if this question is taboo, but I'm genuinely curious... how much does a suite like this cost??? I can see the Cat T and Vs on the DCL website, but don't see these suites listed. We're considering indulging in one of these in 2013/2014 and booking when we're on the Fantasy next Sept.
Hi,

I good rule of thumb is around 2-2.5K per night during low season (Sept/Oct) to around 4K per night during high season (summer, holidays). The older ships tend to be less expensive as well. I think I noticed recently low season rates on either the Wonder/Magic around 1.5K per night. Oh, my numbers are based on a family of two adults and two kids.

DWF

Last edited by disneywonderfun; 09-30-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #35
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

I did add several new photos for those interested. See the first page.

DWF
Old 10-01-2011, 06:42 AM   #36
robandkelly13
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing

robandkelly13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #37
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

I remember back in the 'good ole days' when in low season 2 A could get the Walt or the Roy for about 5K !....my, how things change!!

DVCconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #38
pdwimmer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMinease View Post
If it is a taboo it shouldn't be. The prices are listed when the rooms are available.... We are in the Roy Suite in February 2012 (the one right next door to Walt). There will be 5 of us. Total cost $9787.00. When we originally booked we could not locate it online either. So we called the travel agent we used several years ago when we first cruised. She was able to locate it for us.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #39
malacajo
Mouseketeer

We have a friend who went on Dream with his family and they were upgraded to this suite-he said that he would have such a hard time with staying in a "regular" room after this. He said it was unbelievable. This is also the same cruise that someone in his family also won $4000 playing bingo!!! Can you imagine??
Old 10-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #40
MrsMinease
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the feedback on costs!

Me: DH: p: DS:
MrsMinease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #41
mouseears1
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the extra pics, they are gorgeous. The TV in the bathroom mirror is hard to believe Wow, what will they think of next! My husband and I can't wait to sail next September on the Fantasy. They are going to have to drag me out kicking and holding onto the railing to get me out of this suite
mouseears1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #42
KweenofDis
Earning My Ears

WOW!!!! Right now I can only "Dream" of ever having the opportunity to stay in this sweet suite, but, a girl can "Dream", right? Amazing amazing.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #43
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malacajo View Post
We have a friend who went on Dream with his family and they were upgraded to this suite-he said that he would have such a hard time with staying in a "regular" room after this. He said it was unbelievable. This is also the same cruise that someone in his family also won $4000 playing bingo!!! Can you imagine??
If I won that much I'd immediately book another cruise

Thank you for posting the pictures and video I love the idea of a hottub on the balcony I expect you could stay in the suite all day

Is there food available all day in the concierge lounge or only at certain times?
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #44
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
If I won that much I'd immediately book another cruise

Thank you for posting the pictures and video I love the idea of a hottub on the balcony I expect you could stay in the suite all day

Is there food available all day in the concierge lounge or only at certain times?
I think food was basically available at all times the lounge is open. There might be a few gaps when they are switching items out (i.e. the time between breakfast and lunch). But, yes, basically there is food there all the time.

DWF
Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #45
nbdyspl
Earning My Ears

I just came back as well and I just wanted to add that all the staff was excellent and would agree that Jose and Julia seemed to make my family really at home.I did learn that Julia was on board when the Dream first set sail at sea and she informed me that she would be on board the Fantasy as well.
nbdyspl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: