Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
coteau_chick
DIS Veteran

Another One Bites the Dust!! Happy Birthday...........now get the band-aids

Here I go again with another trip report. I hope I get some readers. If you are lurking just give me a thumps up so I have a little encouragement. Thanks

Where to begin???????????
This was our fifth trip to Disney World. The last one before this trip was in December 2010. After that trip my DH said we were not going back until our youngest child can drive part of the way, she was three at the time. Silly Man!!! He should know better than making a statement like that in front of me. I secretly wanted to go back to Disney World for my 40th birthday. I didn't tell anyone about this but God. I started praying.

Well, well, well.....guess what? The recruiting team for the Disney College program showed up at our daughter's college. She went to the meeting and applied. She got accepted and moved to Disney World in May 2011. She will be there until January 2012. We can't be away from her for that long. We had to go visit her. Guess what date I picked to go see her..........My birthday and her's too. Our birthdays are only three days apart. God answers prayers, even secret ones

Now let me introduce our cast
DH.......Faron- He always says that we are not going back to Disney World for years when we leave there. Lets see how consistent he is...We went in 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. Yeah, he lies!!! He can't stay away.
Here is a picture of Faron cooking gumbo........yum!!

Next me- I am a stay at home mom and I plan all our Disney Trips. I have friends calling me all the time to help them plan their trips too. I love Disney World.

Me at my happy place eating a Mickey Bar.......yum!!!!

Our oldest daughter Courtney- She is in the Disney College Program. She hates and loves it, depends on the mood you catch her in. I think she mostly loves it. She has grown into a very beautiful young lady. I am glad I didn't kill her when she was going through her sassy stage because now she is my best friend. I never imagined we would ever get out of the sassy stage with her.

Courtney and Grace our youngest daughter. This picture was taken in December 2010 on our Disney vacation.
Next Brennan- AKA "The Boy" he has taken up Courtney's place in the sassy department. He is nowhere near as bad as she was but he is trying. I could have knocked his block off a couple of times on this trip but since I let Courtney live I guess he should have the same chance. If your babies are still young............just wait. You will understand what I am talking about one day.

Last but not least...........Grace- AKA- Gracie Lou, Lou Lou, and many more. She is the baby of our family. It took us nine years to get pregnant for her. She is a blessing and spoiled rotten. She misses her Sissy so bad. She was so happy about this trip. When people would ask her what character she wanted to see most at Disney World, she would answer, "Sissy". How sweet? She is a little firecracker and keeps us on our toes 24/7. I have facebook fans that just wait for my "Gracie Stories". They need their daily dose of Grace. LOL!!

Grace in her Saints Minnie dress I made for our December trip.

Up next the when, where and journey.............
Don't forget the Thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I may not be around much since my internet access is limited to when I happen to be at a Starbucks (which is still quite often, but not much still).

But I'm back and I'm around....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I am totally in for this one! You have such a beautiful family! That's awesome that Courtney is doing the College Program... what a great experience for her!

I love Grace's outfit in that last picture... GEAUX SAINTS! (My mama grew up in Mandeville!)

Old 09-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
bkandreu
Mouseketeer

I already love this TR and it's barely started! Your family is great! Gracie is ADORABLE! All of your children are It is so amazing that your daughter is doing/ was doing (??) the college program. I hope to do that very soon My Dad is always doing the same thing about saying that the Disney trips won't be happening as much anymore, but his track record is just as bad as your husband's! I can't wait for more, I'm definitely in for the ride!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
courtthib
Mouseketeer

DCP ALUMNI | Fall Advantage 2011 | Boardwalk Merchandise
Feb. '06 - BWR | Feb. '08 - AKL | Dec. '10 - POR | Sep. '11 - CBR | Nov. '11 - POP | Jan. '12 - POP | Feb. '13 - POP | May '14 - YC

Old 09-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
coteau_chick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I may not be around much since my internet access is limited to when I happen to be at a Starbucks (which is still quite often, but not much still).

But I'm back and I'm around....
It would not be the same without you Jordan. Just let me know when you read. I think you will enjoy this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post

I am totally in for this one! You have such a beautiful family! That's awesome that Courtney is doing the College Program... what a great experience for her!

I love Grace's outfit in that last picture... GEAUX SAINTS! (My mama grew up in Mandeville!)
Thanks I am glad to have you. Your mama grew up in Louisiana, wow it's a small world. I can't wait to tell you all about our trip. Thanks for the compliment on Grace's dress. I made her many more for our trip.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I've missed quite a bit over the last 18 months without the DIS...just getting my feet wet a bit.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
coteau_chick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkandreu View Post
I already love this TR and it's barely started! Your family is great! Gracie is ADORABLE! All of your children are It is so amazing that your daughter is doing/ was doing (??) the college program. I hope to do that very soon My Dad is always doing the same thing about saying that the Disney trips won't be happening as much anymore, but his track record is just as bad as your husband's! I can't wait for more, I'm definitely in for the ride!
Welcome and thanks. Courtney is still working in the College Program. She is working on the Boardwalk. I hope you can do the program too. Courtney has made friends from all over the world. She now plans to travel to visit them. It is sad when they leave but they stay in touch through Facebook. I know Courtney would never change a thing about this experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtthib View Post
Thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
coteau_chick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've missed quite a bit over the last 18 months without the DIS...just getting my feet wet a bit.
I hope you can do a trip report for your 2013 trip. Courtney said they told them the Fantsyland expansion is taking longer than expected. It might not be complete until 2015.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
coteau_chick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtthib View Post
OMG..............I am so stupid!!!!! I just realized it was you

No wonder
Old 09-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #13
ahall4disney
Earning My Ears

im here!! cant wait to read more!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #14
coteau_chick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
2015? Yikes!
Yikes is right
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahall4disney View Post
im here!! cant wait to read more!
Thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
kokotg
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Your husband sounds like mine...our first trip was in 2006, and we've gone every year since, too--even though every year he thinks we're going to skip the NEXT year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: