Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
jakespop
Proud DVC Owners

Marriott Points to purchase Tickets

Trying to save some cash where we can for upcoming trip.
I have a lot of Marriott Rewards points am considering redeeming a bunch for Marriott Gift Cards.

I've heard that at certain Marriott's in the Orlando area (Marriott World Center for one) you can ask Concierge to order your Disney Park tickets and charge them to your room. Then use the Marriott Gift Cards to pay for your bill.

Has anyone done this?

Are there other Marriott properties that will be able to do similar?
jakespop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
Epcotopia
Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakespop View Post
Trying to save some cash where we can for upcoming trip.
I have a lot of Marriott Rewards points am considering redeeming a bunch for Marriott Gift Cards.

I've heard that at certain Marriott's in the Orlando area (Marriott World Center for one) you can ask Concierge to order your Disney Park tickets and charge them to your room. Then use the Marriott Gift Cards to pay for your bill.

Has anyone done this?

Are there other Marriott properties that will be able to do similar?
At the Marriott World Center you can not directly use GC's to purchase your tickets. You can however, bring your GC's to the hotel, add them to your folio as payment, then do a separate room charge at the concierge for tix which will charge your room bill where you have already applied your GC's as payment.

So yes, it is possible at the OMWC. I know the 3 Marriott Village properties do not participate in any sort of room charges. Those are the 4 Marriott's I know about.

Best of luck!
Epcotopia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
Danibelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcotopia View Post
At the Marriott World Center you can not directly use GC's to purchase your tickets. You can however, bring your GC's to the hotel, add them to your folio as payment, then do a separate room charge at the concierge for tix which will charge your room bill where you have already applied your GC's as payment.

So yes, it is possible at the OMWC. I know the 3 Marriott Village properties do not participate in any sort of room charges. Those are the 4 Marriott's I know about.

Best of luck!
If you stay at the World Center, the tickets have a surcharge (they cost MORE than if you buy them on Disney property). To me, the surcharge wasn't worth it.

Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
Epcotopia
Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danibelle View Post
If you stay at the World Center, the tickets have a surcharge (they cost MORE than if you buy them on Disney property). To me, the surcharge wasn't worth it.
Only 1 and 2 day Disney tickets have a surcharge. The rest are the same price as the parks. Also, if you are paying with marriott points it will still be cheaper with a surcharge as opposed to paying full price at the gate without Marriott GC's.
Epcotopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Danibelle
DIS Veteran

Are the Disney tickets at a discount when you use points? How many points for the passes/tickets?

I am trying to see how you are saving money with this. Just wondering!

Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote