Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #481
MinnieTink
DIS Veteran

1. Via Napoli. So disappointed!!! Calamari was pretty good, but totally downhill from there. My pizza was a mess. seemed like canned mushrooms, ick! And the artichoke hearts was like one teeny little shredded leaf of one and it was an odd color. Also, the pizza was clearly undercooked. There will be people that say thats how its supposed to be done there, but i mean, my pizza was like wet and doughy in the middle, with the gross canned mushrooms kinda mixing in with it..... Oh what an idiot i am for eating some of that thing. And I ended up getting so sick later that night. Blech!! We will not be returning.

2. Teppan Edo. To be fair, the food tastes fine. Never got sick or anythingnlike that. It's just that it is just a small portion for the money, especially compared to other WDW restaurants and other local Hibatchi places. We all got a small pile of whatever we ordered (filet, shrimp, chicken) then "a noodle".... And a HUGE pile of onions. If you have never been to Hibatchi, you would not know the difference and it may be a good experience for you, but for us, we felt robbed!

MinnieTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #482
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

My least favorites were:

Biergarten... not a fan of eating at a table with strangers and the food wasn't very good

Crystal Palace... the food wasn't great, I'm not a big fan of buffets

San Angel ... poor selection and terrible food

Olivias... poor selection and I felt terrible after eating there
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #483
pamkas
Mouseketeer

Tony's Town Square!! The worst service and food...tried it twice; never, ever again!
pamkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #484
temom
Mouseketeer

Yuchh

When We were at Hollywood and vine in 2008 it was dirty the food was horrible (no exagerration) the servers basically through the drinks on the table. It was unfortunate as we went for the fantasmic package and ended up eating popcorn at the show and then returning to pop for counter service meal
Pop November 2011
Off Site March 2013
Beach Club March 2014

DS DM DH and ME
temom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #485
CarpeDisney
Mouseketeer

Hands down, the worst meal I've had at Disney was dinner at Boatwrights (in Port Orleans Riverside)

To be fair, this was about 7 years ago and I don't know what the level of service and the quality of food is like now....but it was terrible back then. While I don't remember the dishes we ordered, I do remember the restaurant being practically empty during a peak time (this should have been an indicator to us). Despite the lack of crowds, the service was still poor and the food came out cold.

So, we scratched that one off the list and never looked back. Plenty of other places to explore and experience.

My Visits:
1984 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 2003 POR, 2005 Poly, 2006 CSR, 2007 CSR, 2007 POR, 2008 Off Site, 2009 SSR, 2009 AKV, 2010 AKV , 2010 Dolphin,
2011 BLT
, 2011 SSR, 2012 BLT, 2013 BLT
CarpeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #486
Nettester
Earning My Ears

Jiko - Good service, good wine, good atmosphere. However, bland food, few selections, small portions, tough steak, nothing outstanding at all. Not worth the expense. My 12 year old is normally leans towards adult menus and tastes, but did not like anything she tried and left hungry, so I had to get her a sandwich afterwards. We LOVED Boma! Wish we had eaten there 2X instead.

Pizzafari - We were next to the place at lunch time so we ate there. Never again. Pizza like cardboard, yuck! My least favorite CS in all WDW.

Restrautosaurus - Glorified McDonads. We just got stuck there and the kids were too hungry to go elsewhere, but never again. We obviously had some poor planning in AK.

On the other hand, we loved San Angel Inn, Les Chefs de France, Fulton's, Saana, TRex, Bongos
Nettester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #487
trac96
DIS Veteran

two places our family wouldn't go back to EVER!

ESPN: food was horrible and the staff was worse than horrble..

Sci-Fi: Had 2 teenaged boys with us both who ordered different things both got very sick shortly after leaving the place.

and me I wouldn't go back to Lecellier because it's way over rated, expensive and I just have never been wowed by anything in the 2 times we did go there.
trac96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #488
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Worst for us has been Chefs de France in August. Very late being seated despite being right on time for the ADR, surprisingly limited menu, and poorly presented. Service was as if we were an after-thought.
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve; BLT; Wilderness Lodge; Boardwalk; Saratoga Springs; DVC Member Cruise
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #489
leeliani
Mouseketeer

Sci-Fi: My young children hated the atmosphere. My 2 year-old was so freaked out I ended up sitting in the hall where the bathroom is through the whole meal. The food was just average.

Rose and Crown: The food was pretty good, but the service was so slow it ate away our entire evening. We had a reservation for 5:30 and didn't get out of there until 8:00. Definitely not worth all that wasted time.
leeliani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #490
WheelCEO
DIS Veteran

just wanted to post in here again about how overrated via napoli is
WheelCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #491
ksimmons621
Earning My Ears

Tony's Town Square - It can't be said enough how bad this place is. Location is the ONLY thing going for it. Slow, rude service, way over-priced, barely edible food.
Aug 2005--Fort Wilderness
Jan 2006--Fort Wilderness
June 2006--Fort Wilderness
Sept 2009--Pop Century
Oct 2009--OKW
Aug 2010--OKW
ksimmons621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #492
TravelAgentJen
Thats what my fam calls me

~For me the worst was Akershus-I didn't like the food or the atmosphere much rather CRT.
~I have to agree with some about Jiko but I still like Jiko-the portions were small and the steak was not as good as Calif Grill(which I loved)
~And for anyone with small kids who love little Einstein's-Hollywood+Vine is good for getting you in the park+buffet breakfast, just average food as some others are basic american buffet breakfasts too. And has tons of fun entertainment.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #493
PirateMom
Mouseketeer

San Angel and 50s Prime Time. Worst counter service experiences were at Flame Tree BBQ (made this mistake twice) and ABC Commissary. However, some of my favorite places have made others' "worst" lists, so you never know...and if the question was about worst service, now that would be a very different list.

September 2013: Poly • September 2012: Contemporary, Disney Institute & Tower of Terror 10-Mile • June 2012: Port Orleans-Riverside • January 2012: Port Orleans-Riverside, 5K/Marathon • June 2011: Coronado Springs & Double Dip on the Disney Dream! • September 2010: Port Orleans - French Quarter • September 2009: Port Orleans-French Quarter • September 2008: Pop Century • September 2007: Pop Century • September 2006: Pop Century • December 2005: All-Star Sports • September 2004: All-Star Music • September 2003: All-Star Movies • July 2002: Disneyland • March 1995: Off-site • June 1986: Off-site • June 1978: Disneyland
PirateMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #494
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
For me the only place I can truly say I regret eating at was ABC Commissary. It was the most absolutely miserable, pathetic, and horrendous dining experience I have ever had in my life where I exchanged a legal currency in order to eat it. The cuban sandwich (thankful now off the menu) was horrible, and the burgers were not much better.

I also was very dissapointed in Le Cellier, but wouldn't say I regret going there. I just made the mistake of believing all the hype that this was going to be some incredible out of body experience that would be such a euphoric moment in my life. It turned out to be a slightly better than average steak much along the quality and likes of an Outback.

What makes Le Cellier a lasting memory of disappointment though was where we were seated. Right next to the entrance to the restrooms and between the server station for credit cards and the other server station for silverware. Constant sound of flushing, clanking of silverware, and servers complaining about tips and guests and thinking they were out of ears way was not a great experience. The worst though was the manager, when asked politely if we could seat elsewhere was told, "there is no where else, you will need to sit here or make another dining choice elsewhere".
I had that table once If I got a reply like that, I WOULD be making another dining choice And reporting him/her to Guest relations.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #495
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
For me the only place I can truly say I regret eating at was ABC Commissary. It was the most absolutely miserable, pathetic, and horrendous dining experience I have ever had in my life where I exchanged a legal currency in order to eat it. The cuban sandwich (thankful now off the menu) was horrible, and the burgers were not much better.

I also was very dissapointed in Le Cellier, but wouldn't say I regret going there. I just made the mistake of believing all the hype that this was going to be some incredible out of body experience that would be such a euphoric moment in my life. It turned out to be a slightly better than average steak much along the quality and likes of an Outback.

What makes Le Cellier a lasting memory of disappointment though was where we were seated. Right next to the entrance to the restrooms and between the server station for credit cards and the other server station for silverware. Constant sound of flushing, clanking of silverware, and servers complaining about tips and guests and thinking they were out of ears way was not a great experience. The worst though was the manager, when asked politely if we could seat elsewhere was told, "there is no where else, you will need to sit here or make another dining choice elsewhere".
I had that table once If I got a reply like that, I WOULD be making another dining choice And reporting him/her to Guest relations.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: