Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #25
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Friday!

Friday
I woke up, without an alarm, at about 7:45ish I think. The plan for today was to swim! I took my time waking up and putting on my swimsuit before heading over to the BC Marketplace for some breakfast. There was a long line but it moved quickly and soon I was enjoying my ham, egg and cheese croissant and diet coke on the rocking chairs outside the BC. The Solarium (where I planned to eat) was closed. FAIL. By the time I finished eating, Stormalong Bay had just opened so I walked in and sat in my “usual spot” near the lazy river. I spent a few hours at the pool before I started getting hungry again. It’s vacation…your supposed to eat every 3 hours. Right? I walked back to the BC marketplace and picked up a couple sweet treats for the rest of my trip – a chocolate chip cookie and a coconut bar (amazing!). Then I hit hurricane hanna’s on the way back for a burger and fries which I carried back up to my room. I ate and took a mini nap before it was time for me to start getting ready for my night’s adventures!

A was picking me up at 4…so I showered and got beautiful and met him downstairs. Our first stop was Bahama Breeze on I-Drive for some drinks and appetizers. Okay drinks and appetizer. One appetizer. Which was basically a fancy form of cheese and crackers. This is probably where the night started going downhill. A’s friend soon joined us and then we were ready to walk next door to Howl at the Moon. A’s work had won a happy hour that includes free drinks and a buffet. Well I wasn’t hungry, even though I didn’t eat much so I just had a couple more pieces of cheese. And beer. Lots of beer. They just kept appearing on the table! We stayed there until about 10ish when the friend went home and A and I walked down the street to ICE bar. This is quite possibly one of the oddest bars I’ve been to. You walk in and there is a dance floor and a bar. Then there is a line to get into the actual ICE bar. We of course wanted to see that so we waited in line and then were given a hooded cape and one glove. Yep. Just one. Apparently the other hand is supposed to go numb. Well the ICE bar is literally a small room that is made of ice…the tables, the bar, the seats, the walls. Everything. You could see your breath. It was freezing in there! We lasted about 5 minutes then left to dance the night away. Soon, we had had enough of it all, and got a taxi (we are responsible) and headed back to the YC. ($36 by the way). In our drunken stupor, we thought it was totally okay to order room service (yikes, luckily it wasn’t that expensive) and then we fell fast asleep. But not for long…

Saturday and Sunday coming soon (probably tomorrow)

Last edited by Wonders10; 09-27-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: