Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,500

Saying goodbye doesn't get easier...

We had a great weekend visit with Josh. He took his girlfriend to Homecoming last night and they had a great time. He just finished packing his car up and drove away. I am sooo sad right now. I was hoping this would get easier, but it isn't. I miss having him around. He is really enjoying college life and I am happy for him. Just not ready for my baby to grow up.

Thanks for listening.

Cassey
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
wdwmickey
I am the scrapbooking queen and the food porn princess!
 
wdwmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 6,215

I am so not looking forward to that next year!
__________________
Cheryl me DH DD-college girl DD-college girl



WDW 12/03; DLR 12/05; WDW 4/07; WDW 12/07; WDW 10/08; WDW 4/10; DLR 8/10; DLR 12/11; DLR 10/12; DLR 5/13
wdwmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,500

Thanks Cheryl, I cried more today than when we left him in Vermont. Now I just have to wait for him to call to tell me he is there safe. Working on letter swap while I wait to keep me from worrying for the next few hours.
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
rlovew
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13,070
DISboards Moderator

I am sorry you are feeling sad and that it wasn't any easier for you. At least he is happy and doing well.

Rebecca
__________________
Me and DH
rlovew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,727

__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,500

Thanks for the everyone, needed it tonight. He made it there safely. Now I can relax a bit and try to get some sleep.

Cassey
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #7
joyah
living on the funny farm
 
joyah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,896

Cassey I hadn't forgotten about you and Josh in all of the mess here just been so long since I've had more than 5 mins to sit and compose a thought. My nephews were home this weekend to help out in their neighborhood (their mom's house was hit too) and Carhardt has sent cases of clothing so they were here getting some. While they were here Blake promised me he'd send me his phone number for Josh to call (kind of like having a big brother up there) when he runs into problems. So hopefully I'll have that this pm for you both.
Hang in there it's harder for you when they leave than when you're the one leaving.
__________________
Christy DH DS (14)DS(12)

joyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #8
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,977

Cassey. I am not looking forward to that day. So glad he's enjoying himself though!
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyah View Post
Cassey I hadn't forgotten about you and Josh in all of the mess here just been so long since I've had more than 5 mins to sit and compose a thought. My nephews were home this weekend to help out in their neighborhood (their mom's house was hit too) and Carhardt has sent cases of clothing so they were here getting some. While they were here Blake promised me he'd send me his phone number for Josh to call (kind of like having a big brother up there) when he runs into problems. So hopefully I'll have that this pm for you both.
Hang in there it's harder for you when they leave than when you're the one leaving.
Christy, I know you are swamped no worries. Hubby actually bought the part and drove up and fixed the car himself. Still was less $$ even paying for gas there and back and the peace of mind that it is done right is priceless to me. I really appreciate your help.

I hope saying bye to him when he leaves gets easier over time or it's going to be a really tought 4 years.

Cassey
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #10
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
Cassey. I am not looking forward to that day. So glad he's enjoying himself though!

I have been told it doesn't get any easier with the second one either. I can't even fathom Julia leaving....I'm going to be one huge mommy mess!!!

Cassey
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #11
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran
 
morgansmom2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perpetual State of Confusion
Posts: 12,977

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom View Post
I have been told it doesn't get any easier with the second one either. I can't even fathom Julia leaving....I'm going to be one huge mommy mess!!!

Cassey
Morgan is my one and only, so I know I'm going to be pretty emotional when she goes. I know my sister is having a rough time with my nephew being away for the first time. He's not far (they're in Holliston, he's in Amherst), but still...it's different.

You need another one of these,
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD)
morgansmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #12
DisneyIsTerrific
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyIsTerrific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Florida
Posts: 6,523

Big big ! My DS left for college this year too. I've had a hard time adjusting to him being gone, but it's easier than your situation since my son is still in town. I do get to see him (usually once a week), but the house just isn't the same without him here. I miss him terribly. But, he's happy and I'm thankful for that.
__________________
Stephanie Me DH DS
DisneyIsTerrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #13
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran
 
JJ&JHsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 4,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyIsTerrific View Post
Big big ! My DS left for college this year too. I've had a hard time adjusting to him being gone, but it's easier than your situation since my son is still in town. I do get to see him (usually once a week), but the house just isn't the same without him here. I miss him terribly. But, he's happy and I'm thankful for that.
The being happy part is what gets me through. I know he is happy and adjusting for the most part. Now Mom just needs to adjust.

Cassey
__________________
Me-Cassey DH DS DD
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.