Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

4 Generations Do WDW.....a little slowly!

4 Generations Do WDW......a little slowly!

September 17 - 24, 2011
Caribbean Beach Resort with Free Dining

Cast of Characters
Generation 1: Grandpa (81) and Grandma (Gigi) (79)
Generation 2: Mom (Grandma) (59) and Dad (Grandpa) (61)
Generation 3: Me (30) and DH (Andrew) (31)
Generation 4: Samuel (5) and Nolan (2.5)

This trip proved to be a little more slow than I had expected. Grandpa is getting unsteady on his feet so we brought along a wheelchair which Grandma pushed (with occasional help) everywhere. My mom hurt her knee and was walking the slowest and my dad broke his leg quite badly last February which included surgery, but does pretty well with the use of a cane. All that and two strollers meant it was pretty slow going some times. But, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Grandpa is in the middle stages of dimentia and this was probably his last trip, but he really did very well. My boys always bring out the best in him.

Day 1: Saturday, September 17, 2011............It's Finally Time to Go!
The day started out a little early. My parents and grandparents arrived the night before from MI. I had been on the DIS the evening before and saw all the great Disney Halloween stuff now available at Walgreens. We needed to leave at 9 AM to travel to Indy to catch our flight. So I located the closest 24 hour Walgreens only a mile or so away and mom and I left about 7 am. First we picked up some doughnuts from Dunkin' Doughnuts for breakfast and then into Walgreens. Was I ever glad we did! We got some light up wands, light up Mickey pumpkin necklaces, vampire mickey cookies, little stuffed talking vampire mickeys, mickey pumpkin water bottles, Disney halloween window clings, also a light up Mickey and Minnie pumpkin for our window. Took it all home, finished up the packing, ate our breakfast and then we tried to figure out how to fit all the luggage and people into our van. We made it, and it wasn't horribly crowded, and off we went.

Flight was on time and smooth. When we arrived in Orlando, we were a little confused about where to get to the ME, but once we found the right direction, it was quick and easy and we waited very minimal time for a bus. CBR was the first stop, we piled off and my mom and I went to check in! We had Rebecca from Brisbane, Australia checking us in. She was so sweet. We had our request of connecting rooms and first floor met (wanted first floor because of the strollers and wheelchair and Grandpa not being steady on stairs). I had forgotten to request a pack n play and did so. We also had a great location in Jamaica 44, looking at a courtyard, very close to the quiet pool, bus stop, and bridge to OPR. I couldn't have asked for anything more. At one point my DH came over holding Nolan and Rebecca gave him a pirate sword and eye patch and one for Samuel too. They were very excited about them! After check-in we waited a bit for the internal bus, and found our rooms. The pack and play I had just requested was already there on arrival. We dropped our stuff and reorganized. Then we boarded a bus to MK, transferred to the monorail and over to the Contemporary for our 6:55 PM ADR at Chef Mickey's.

We had a bit of a wait at CM, maybe 15-20 min. Buffet was OK, not much on it. But the characters were why we were there. I was nervous about how Nolan would do, as he was scared of Mickey on our day visit last December. He wasn't the least bit scared! He was full of hugs and we really had a great time. We headed home to CBR and our luggage was waiting for us. We got unpacked and settled and the boys into bed. Samuel threw a little fit at bedtime, he wanted his pirate sword and eyepatch, not a big deal to me, and off he went to sleep. I woke up around 1:30 AM because Nolan was stirring, so I stuck his paci back in his mouth and looked over....Sam was sound asleep with eyepatch in place LOL! It was a great start to the trip!

Day 2.....Magic Kingdom and a Boo Boo at Whispering Canyon.

Day 3....Epcot and Ohanna Mmmmm!

Day 4........Another Use for the Hairdryer, Le Cellier, and MNSSHP!

Day 5........Hollywood Studios, Cape May, and Vader almost loses a foot!

Day 6......Animal Kingdom, Boma, and lots of rain!

Day 7...........Swimming, Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace and Fantasmic.

Day 8........Going home and sickness hits hard!

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report

Last edited by SnipsNSnails; 10-12-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: