Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #76
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm so sorry you had to do all the packing It doesn't sound like the happiest start, did the kids at least eat the rest later? Can't wait to hear more

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #77
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
4 days left!!!! Can't imagine how excited you guys are!!!

I know you're probably super busy packing and everything, so no biggy if you don't get this til you get back, but how have you felt about the FE? is it too much work? I think it would be super fun but don't want to be stressed with it. I'm trying to decide whether to get involved with ours or not.

Have a super fabulous marvelous cruise!!!
I must say that the FE was alot of work, but it was so worth it in the end. The kids were super excited to check the pockets each time we returned to the room. I am also glad that we had an empty suitcase, because we received so many great things. I would definitely do it again, being that I know what to expect now.
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #78
Toria
DIS Veteran

Day 1 cont'd

I last left off where my two lil people didn't want to eat the food that I brought them. I thought about and they had just had a bowl of cereal not to long ago. However they are forever hungry, so I brought the food not thinking. The hubby and I chalked it up to excitement, so we didn't press the issue. Upwards and onwards to Disney for happy times. As soon as it became daylight I had the kids work on school work that I picked up from their teachers. They didn't complain one bit, I guess the excitement of going to Disney will make you do just about anything with happiness. After an hour our of school work, they started to watch movies which kept them quiet.
We continued on I-10 until we reached a Circle K for a restroom break at
9am. It was our first scheduled stop of the trip. The stop only lasted about 5 miuntes and we were back onto I-10 headed for I-75. Our next stop was in Gainesville for gas only, we made it there around 1107. That was a quick stop as well and we were back onto I-75. Jerome was starting to get hungry, so we made an unscheduled stop at a Zaxby's. We have never eaten there before and I must say that the food was good. Jerome asked the kids what they wanted to eat(here we go again) Nakyla got a grilled cheese and Jayden didn't want anything to eat. Jerome didn't listen to that part, he brought him something to eat anyway. Well let's just say that he didn't eat his chicken fingers and Nakyla eat half of her fries and none of the grilled cheese. (Just breath Toria, you are on vacation!) While that mess was going on with Jerome and the kids, I sat quietly and eat my food. I kind of zoned out and found my happy place. Back onto I-75(can we get to Disney already), we arrived at Downtown Disney at 12:05. We were so excited to see this sign

I myself could not stop smiling and Nakyla just started to squeal about finally making it to Disney. Our next stop would be Disney Quest. I made plans to go here, because I knew that Jerome would get a kick out of all the old games.

I must say that I was correct on that assumption. He was like a kid in a candy store
Nakyla on the other hand was being a stick in the mud. Saying"I don't want to play this, I don't want to play that". Oh well she was not going to ruin our fun. Jayden and Jerome loved the racing games, so they played a ton of those. Nakyla and I walked around and we finally found a game that she liked. Come to find out all she wanted to do was shop(that's my girl). I got them both Disney gift cards and hers was about to explode in her pouch if she didn't spend it at the exact moment(her words not mine). It was now 3:30 and I wanted to get checked into the hotel, so I told her that her explosion would have to wait. So we headed off to get into The Shades of Green.....
Old 09-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #79
Toria
DIS Veteran

Resort, Texas De Brazil and headed to port!

Around 3:30 we left Disney Quest to check into our hotel for the night which was Shades Of Green. It is located across the street from the polynesian. There was no wait for check-in, about 5 minutes was all it took. We parked in the parking garage, which seemed like a mile from our room. I was totally disappointed with location of our room. When we arrived at the room I noticed that we were upgraded to a larger room that slept 6 people. I unpacked the carryon that we had specifically for our one night stay there. I ironed our clothes for dinner at Texas De Brazil. While I was ironing the kids were checking out the room and sitting on the balcony(view was crappy). After about 10 minutes of ironing I noticed that Jerome had fell asleep. I knew that this would happen(he drove the entire way to Orlando). Well once I finished ironing the kids and I went back to Downtown Disney. I purchased each one of them a Disney gift card;they were extremely ready to spend their money. It was burning a hole in their pockets. Our first stop was the lego store. Jayden was so overwhelmed by all the choices of legos to choose from. I helped him to narrow it down by the amount of money that he had available. He ended up purchasing 2 different lego sets. Then it was on to The World of Disney. This was my first time in this store, I could have done some damage. Due to time constraints and shopping with Nakyla I didn't even entertain the thought. After about 10 minutes in that store all she decided to get was a Stitch stuffed animal. She wanted to save the rest of her money for the cruise. We left there and headed back to SOG to get dressed for dinner. At the point we were running late, so I had to rush everyone to get dressed. Luckily Jerome was dressed before I got back. We left the hotel around 6:45p and arrived at 7:15 for our 7:30 reservation. The restaurant was extremely busy I am glad that I made reservations months in advance. The food was good and we were starting the eating portion of our vacation off on the right foot. After we got the bill that about sent us into cardiac arrest $160.00 we went back to the hotel to enjoy the pool. While Jerome was in the pool with the kids, I relaxed in the hot tub and met a nice mother and daughter from Ohio. After about an hour between the pool and the hot tub we hoofed it back upstairs to shower. All showered we hit the sack and no one had trouble falling to sleep. Around 5:00a I woke up and decided that I would go to Wal-Mart and gas up the car for the ride to the port. I put on the clothes that I would where on the ship and headed out. The walk from the hotel room to the parking garage was scary. Not scary in the sense of people, but rather animals. Last visit that we were there, there was an alligator that resided at the resort in one of the ponds. I didn't not want to run across him or any snakes. I am scared to death of snakes. So I did the fastest power walk ever, by the time I made it to the car I was out of breath. I made it in one piece After leaving the garage I made my way to the Hess station that is located outside of MK. I can only put premium gas in my car, so I relieved to see that it was $3.50 Along I-75 on the drive down the cheapest we found was $3.78. While I was filling up I cleaned all the death off of my windshield(love bugs). Disney buses use this station to fill up in the mornings, so they were everywhere.Sidenote(while I am sitting here writing this, my darling Nakyla has tied a helium ballon around her ankle and is running around the house with. Meanwhile our Yorkie is going crazy by the noise she is making, so he barking his lil head off. I am tuning them out in 5,4,3,2,1 ...that is better! Anywho... I put the address into the navigation system and I was off. I arrived at Wal-mart about 15 minutes later and it was virtually deserted. I was happy for that, because the last time we went to that place it was a mad house. There were numerous Tour buses there and people as well. I was able to quickly grab a belt, sunglasses, 2 cases of water, candy and oreos for the CM'S at the kids clubs. With my goodies in hand I checked out and headed back to the hotel. Luckily it had gotten a little light out, so I didn't have to walk at break neck speed or a slow trot. It was around 6:30 we I got back, so I politely put my PJ"s back on and went right back to sleep. I automatically woke up at 8:15a and wondered what happen to the wake up call that was suppose to come at 8:00. No need to dwell on it, I woke everyone up and they were happy to get up. We all got dressed and packed everything up, then headed back down to the lobby. The kids aslo had cash so they wanted to stop by the store in the resort to get themselves something to drink. We headed to the elevators and Jerome bout came unglued on some lady. I had clearly pressed the button and was starting to get on the elevator with the kids when she came flying out of nowhere and tried to cut Jerome off. He stopped short of running into her, then she had the nerve to sigh heavy and annouce in a rude voice," I guess that I will just take the next one". I guess you will was what he said. Meanwhile I am telling myself," Go to your happy place...Go to your happy place". Well that has passed, we make it to the car and we had to rearrange some things in the trunk. We had to move the luggage that was not making it on the ship to the very back of the trunk. I also had to load up the water in one of the small suitcases. Even though we were in the parking garage it was humid and hot, with me those two things don't mix well. After about 10 minutes of rearranging and sweating it was 9:45. We had to get on the road, because we needed to stop by a Bank of America to get some ones. The closest one was in Celebration, which was a 15 drive from hotel. We made it to the bank and I got the amount of ones that I needed and we were on our way to the port. Celebration is a really nice and pretty town. Now we were headed to Toll road 417. To get onto 417 we had to pay a toll then guess how many tolls I counted that we paid until we made it to the port,Good GRIEFFFFFFFFFFF................................

Last edited by Toria; 09-26-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #80
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Toria, you make people glow and I help catch those little ones that dont like their 40 weeks housing arrangements and try to hang themselves on the way out. Just about 13 hours north of you.

Loving your trip report. Cant wait for more.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #81
Pinkocto

I get such a chuckle reading your updates, the vivid picture you paint is just too good! $160! It sounds like it was good though.

Looking forward to hearing more of the adventure

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 09-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #82
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Toria, you make people glow and I help catch those little ones that dont like their 40 weeks housing arrangements and try to hang themselves on the way out. Just about 13 hours north of you.

Loving your trip report. Cant wait for more.
Oh my! I am at a loss for words on that one. Thanks for joining me.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #83
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I get such a chuckle reading your updates, the vivid picture you paint is just too good! $160! It sounds like it was good though.

Looking forward to hearing more of the adventure
Glad that I can give you a chuckle! The food was great, but we did not eat that much for the price. That total was after the military discount. The bill was $185.00.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #84
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
Glad that I can give you a chuckle! The food was great, but we did not eat that much for the price. That total was after the military discount. The bill was $185.00.
WHOA NELLY!

Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #85
MissTraveler08
Earning My Ears

yayyy I'm so excited for you to finish this! Can't wait to read more.

2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
2006- Disney's Yacht Club
2007- Disney's Polynesian Resort
2008- Disney's Grand Floridian & Cirque Du Soleil (Downtown Disney)
2009- Disney's Grand Floridian
2009- Caribbean Beach Resort
2010- Disney's Grand Floridian
2012- Disney's Contemporary Resort
Our 2nd home is right down the beach of Disney's Vacation Club - Vero Beach!
~Tentative~ 2012- Disney Fantasy Cruise **Sweet 16**
MissTraveler08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #86
Toria
DIS Veteran

I will finish!

I will try and start another portion of my TR tomorrow. Thanks for waiting!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #87
Pinkocto

Excellent! I kept wondering where you'd gone

Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #88
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Okay,,,I am back for 4 days....Need a little reading material.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
Old 10-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #89
Toria
DIS Veteran

We arrived, the Young's are plowing through!

Oh my goodness, I thought that we would go broke paying all the tolls on 417 trying to get to the ship. There were at least 6 toll booths that we went through. Thank goodness that we have a Sunpass, because it gives you a slight discount. I pay $25.00 a week in tolls going to work, so paying that extra money was driving me nuts. So what, we are headed to the DREAM!

We pressed on towards the port, along the way we saw the Disney Cruise buses headed back towards Disney. Probably a bus full of sad people But I sure was happy that they were leaving, because that meant that the boat made it safely back and it was our time to get on. It took us about 45 minutes until we got our first sight of the DREAM.

When we caught sight of the ship we all got really excited. I kept saying,"I can't believe that we are finally here!" I was starting to shake(to myself of course). Kyla was happy and Jayden was trying to play it cool.

After another 10 minutes of driving we hit the exit towards the ports.
The signs directing you towards the ports are not confusing at all.

The first stop is too a security guard directing you where to go.

We didn't have to show any type of ID, we took a left and stopped
at the first porter that we came to(IT WAS 1045 AT THIS TIME).
I got out and put the luggage tags on our 3 pieces of checked luggage.
The porter will really stress the fact that you won't see your luggage until later in the evening.
So if you need anything to make sure that you took it out of your checked luggage.
I had packed a carry on with swimsuits and other things that we would need for the pool.
We left the porter and was directed to the parking garage. We went up to level 3(thanks for the tips DIS boards) to park.
We first stopped at a podium with a CM checking your boarding information before
you go on the crosswalk. We were the only family checking in at that moment.
That took about 2 minutes, then we crossed the crosswalk and went through security.
Once again we were the only family there at that moment. OK, from this point on everything was a blur,
because we moved quickly through every process.

Once through security you are directed to a table to pick up a health form for your family.
You are told you can fill it out at the table or fill it out in line. I choose to fill it out while I was
walking up to the counter, because there was no line to speak of. We were called up to a
counter as soon as we were in line. The CM we got was in training, however she was moving at a quick pace.
She scanned passports, took our pictures, payment info and printed boarding cards all in 10 minutes or less.
Then it was time to get the boarding number.........(mind you the terminal was really crowded) We got number 4 I was extremely happy with that number. We took our number and went to
check the kids in for the kids clubs. We waited in that line 5 minutes before we were called up to the desk.
We got Nakyla registered, but the CM told me to check with the CM in the Edge to see if Jayden Could attend.
He was turning 11 in 6 days(we checked and they allowed him to attend).
After we got done at the kids registration, we waited about 10 minutes before they started calling boarding.
This is the point where I started to be rude a little.

Now boarding number 4, Alright Jerome stay close, tuck in your elbows, put the kids in the middle and
let's plow through. Suitcases and people went flying this way and that way, toes stepped on, lil kids run
over like speed bumps, me yelling EXCUSE ME, EXCUSE ME, EXCUSE ME!!!!!!! Hey we made it through in 30 seconds flat.
HAHAHA jokes on me, I hear my wonderful husband yelling my name. I turn around and he is held
up in the madness by a CM, because I flew through so fast and left him behind. That turned into a tense
standoff for 3 seconds. He didn't know what to make of that whole scene
(I told him that I knew what to expect and what to do because of the wonderful DIS boards).
He said well I guess all that time spent on there is paying off. We walked through the ears and took the
boarding picture, I could relax some what we were having our name called and Cabana's here we come.
We were eating at Cabana's by 11:20, not bad right? 2 be continued.........

Last edited by Toria; 10-16-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #90
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Toria,
Thanks for the update. Love the pictures. Cant wait tohear more!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: