Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #2131
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Loved reading along on this TR. I did know the phone was retrieved, but I don't remember how...your PTR maybe? Sounds like such a great day in Epcot. It is always sad when the vacation has to end though. Claire posing with all the topiaries was too cute! You will probably have to remind her of it when she gets older. Great story to tell in front of her friends! My parents like to tell the one how I was terrified of Snow White.

I am so sad I had to cancel my next trip because I need knee surgery. My friend is going in Feb and is trying to convince me to rent a scooter and go with her family! lol.
Yes, I did write about in on my PTR.
Oh no. I hope your knee heals fast!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:04 AM   #2132
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

AWWWWWW!!!!!!! ITS OVER! Well at least I'll have 2 of your other ones to read (you really are a very busy girl).

I know you were only gone for a week but it seems like you did a months worth of stuff I don't know how you did it all.

Now as soon as you are done with your other 2 trs you need to hurry up and get Skip on board for another trip! Just tell him everyone on the Dis says he has to step up and take you on that anniversary trip
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2011, 06:26 AM   #2133
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
AWWWWWW!!!!!!! ITS OVER! Well at least I'll have 2 of your other ones to read (you really are a very busy girl).

I know you were only gone for a week but it seems like you did a months worth of stuff I don't know how you did it all.

Now as soon as you are done with your other 2 trs you need to hurry up and get Skip on board for another trip! Just tell him everyone on the Dis says he has to step up and take you on that anniversary trip
We did do a lot of stuff. I was just checking prices for a 5 night Disney cruise this spring....OUCH> I think they went up quite a bit since I last looked.
I guess I'm really going to have to get Claire to use those puppy dog eyes!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:01 AM   #2134
MEK
DIS Veteran

I know I got really behind on your TR, but I just went back and read your last several updates. My computer is being slow taking me to the links, so I thought I'd comment and then go back and read some more.

When you lost your phone I was practically crying right along with you. After I got my iphone, 3 days later I had the most vivid dream that I lost it in - yup, Florida. It was some nondescript Orlando location at the start of a Disney trip. I woke up in a panic and that dream seemed SO real. That truly is a big fear of mine.

I am so happy you got it back! WOW! Thank you kind person for finding and returning it!

Your Dourney is lovely. Both of them, actually.

Your trip report was so entertaining. Very well written and I loved all your pictures. Claire is a doll.

BTW - how is your son? I know I posted months ago that your son sounds a lot like mine. Mine is actually doing well right now (fingers crossed). He left for college about a month ago, loves it, and, most importantly, is keeping up with his studies. I am cautiously optimistic.

Anyway - going back to read some more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #2135
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I know I got really behind on your TR, but I just went back and read your last several updates. My computer is being slow taking me to the links, so I thought I'd comment and then go back and read some more.

When you lost your phone I was practically crying right along with you. After I got my iphone, 3 days later I had the most vivid dream that I lost it in - yup, Florida. It was some nondescript Orlando location at the start of a Disney trip. I woke up in a panic and that dream seemed SO real. That truly is a big fear of mine.

I am so happy you got it back! WOW! Thank you kind person for finding and returning it!

Your Dourney is lovely. Both of them, actually.

Your trip report was so entertaining. Very well written and I loved all your pictures. Claire is a doll.

BTW - how is your son? I know I posted months ago that your son sounds a lot like mine. Mine is actually doing well right now (fingers crossed). He left for college about a month ago, loves it, and, most importantly, is keeping up with his studies. I am cautiously optimistic.

Anyway - going back to read some more!
My computer does weird things like that too at times. I know it's on it's last leg, and I cringe when I think about that.
My son is 22. He just moved out of town and we haven't heard too much from him. He moved with 2 other friends and none of them had jobs when they left. I am hoping he finds something soon. My Mom did talk to him recently and he said he had a fast food interview for now to keep him going till he found something better. I haven't heard if he got it though. I hope this straightens him out though. Being completely on his own and away from family might be a good thing for him.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #2136
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Yay! Now you can start your AEP report! Then when you are done with that, you can start your next PTR. Just keep em coming!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #2137
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Yay! Now you can start your AEP report! Then when you are done with that, you can start your next PTR. Just keep em coming!
I know! I was hoping to start it this weekend, but it's not going to happen. I ended up being gone from 10:15 yesterday till 4:30, only to turn around in the next hour or so and leave again and didn't get home till 11ish. Today we have a family b-day party for my cutie niece (she turns 2 tomorrow) and I have a bunch of quotes to do today as well.
Good new is that my family thinks they are all wanting to go on a cruise next year. Skip has already said no (for Oct with family) but my Mom really wants Claire to come, so she may take her anyways, and possibly drag me along as well. Only time will tell.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #2138
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I just caught up to find out, it's all over.

But you still have another one to do and then ....... as a TA, don't you have to go there once a year to stay on top of things?

Um, may I just propose some possible cruise dates for next year ....

Feb 19 - 23 - wonderful time to cruise
Aug 24 - 29 - wonderful time to cruise
Aug 29 - Sept 2 - wonderful time to cruise (and you would have fellow cruisers you'd know )

Thanks for taking us along - it was wonderful meeting you this summer - hoping to see you again SOON!!! (in person)
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #2139
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Great report Jen! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us
Old 09-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #2140
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a trip! I can't belive it's over finally! I'm glad you found your phone. I've had a meltdown or two before as well. DH always says that I haven't dripped in a while, so am due for a good cry!

Claire is an awesome little traveler! Anthony is pretty good too, planes and such don't even phase him. His motto should be "have DS, will travel".

I hope you get another trip planned soon!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #2141
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
My son is 22. He just moved out of town and we haven't heard too much from him. He moved with 2 other friends and none of them had jobs when they left. I am hoping he finds something soon. My Mom did talk to him recently and he said he had a fast food interview for now to keep him going till he found something better. I haven't heard if he got it though. I hope this straightens him out though. Being completely on his own and away from family might be a good thing for him.
I know your son is a few years older than mine, but they seem alike in many ways. I really do hope that being out on his own makes a difference for your son. Sometimes that is a rude awakening and can be just what a kid needs to turn to corner. My son knows that if he doesn't keep the grades up in college then he can't come back here to live. It's just way too disruptive. So we'll see how he's doing at the end of this semester.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #2142
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

I think your next cruise should be Dec 15-22, 2012 on the Fantasy so I can read your trip report for the cruise I am on
Actually I think you would be fun to be on the same cruise with!!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #2143
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

First, thanks for not starting your new TR yet.

I "borrowed" your note idea, and Kadence recieved all her surprises this way!

Claire's bathroom issues sound like Kadence's bathroom issues, and yes we had one night of issues...............right when we didn't need them

Your trip was awesome, I hope ypu have many more in the future......with no mishaps!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #2144
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I hate that your report is over. You had such a fun time with Claire & did so much together. Hope that you can get Skip to go on a cruise soon! Maybe tell him that they will have an ondeck tractor pull!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #2145
GoofyWife
Mouseketeer

Jen - I hate that your trip report is over, I started my work day with coffee and your trip report - I'll have to switch over to your other one! And since I doubt I'll be doing a cruise for at least a year or two, I think you need to go on another one, with or without Skip, so I have something to read about!
2009 - POP
2013 - Offsite trip
GoofyWife is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: