Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
madzy
Mouseketeer

Kids stay and play for free promo for 2012??

Does anyone think they will offer a kids stay and play free discount for 2012? We used this promo for this year and it really helped us stay within our budget. Pricing for next year, I really don't think I can afford it any other way, having three children between the ages of 8-3. I know that Disney giving out dicounts are always a bonus and may not happen but I really hope they do. Any thoughts? Thanks.
madzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madzy View Post
Does anyone think they will offer a kids stay and play free discount for 2012? We used this promo for this year and it really helped us stay within our budget. Pricing for next year, I really don't think I can afford it any other way, having three children between the ages of 8-3. I know that Disney giving out dicounts are always a bonus and may not happen but I really hope they do. Any thoughts? Thanks.
They have offered the Kids Free Promo for the past two years, so I hope they will do it again. For us to be able to afford to go to WDW, we have to do a YES class or use the Kids Free promo/

Sep 1997
Nov 2009
Jan 2012
June 2013
Nov 2014
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
madzy
Mouseketeer

I really hope so too. This is the only way we can do it. Do you happen to know or remember when the promo came out last year or the year before?
Old 08-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
Disney Dreamer Mommy
Earning My Ears

I am still quite new to this Disney planning world....I am afraid that this is a silly question, but could someone please provide more details about the kids stay and play free promo?

also, I am assuming that if that promo is out, free dining would not be an option for a promo. Am I correct?

Which promo is the better deal?
Disney Dreamer Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Who Knows What EVIL Lurks In The Heart Of Disney Marketing?!

When Disney feels ready to implement their next promotion they will do so. If other recent promotions have been any indication, for about the first month nobody will really understand it and the Marketing people will not have thought out all the ramifications.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
madzy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreamer Mommy View Post
I am still quite new to this Disney planning world....I am afraid that this is a silly question, but could someone please provide more details about the kids stay and play free promo?

also, I am assuming that if that promo is out, free dining would not be an option for a promo. Am I correct?

Which promo is the better deal?
Disney had a promo this year that kids under 9 stayed for free (kids under 18 are already free with an adult) and their park tickets were free. With three under the age of 9 this was a great deal. We added on the quick service plan and still saved money. I think Disney offered this promo the past two years. Keeping my fingers crossed for 2012.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
pooki1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I really hope so too. This is the only way we can do it. Do you happen to know or remember when the promo came out last year or the year before?
I remember this happening this past late april thru mid to late may 2011. Fingers crossed for another! I compared the room only discount versus this offer,(they were both going at the same time) this offer was a much better deal for us.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
JayNJazzy
Earning My Ears

A few years ago 2008/2009 -- Disney offered kids stay, play and dine for free. Having 2 kids under 9 at the time,this was a HUGE savings. I haven't seen a comparable offer since except for the Buy4/get 3 offer...

Now that one of my kids is now 10 --- I have to hope for free dining or hope that Disney will lose their senses again and offer the 4/3 offer....
Old 09-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #9
terrylmc
Earning My Ears

I'm waiting on this offer also.. we went in February on this offer and would love to schedule another trip early next year with this same promotion! I much prefer this vs free dining.. with a family of 5 with 3 kids 7,8 & 10 the free tickets seems like a better deal since we get stuck at the port orleans family of 5 room. last time we just added the quick service dining and it worked out awesome... Don't really care for the regular dining anymore, takes way tooooo long at the restaurants causing us to miss valuable park time..
terrylmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #10
madzy
Mouseketeer

Agreed terrylmc!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #11
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Disney had a promo this year that kids under 9 stayed for free (kids under 18 are already free with an adult) and their park tickets were free. With three under the age of 9 this was a great deal. We added on the quick service plan and still saved money. I think Disney offered this promo the past two years. Keeping my fingers crossed for 2012.
So, let me get this straight, please. My party consists of 3 adults, a 6yo and 1yo. I know the 1yo is staying for free. Is my 6 yo starying for free already?
If they launch this promo, the added saving would be free tickets, right?

And, if I understood correctly, I would have to chose between this and free dinning? I already got the free dining. I called to add it once I learned about here

Something tells me this will be the first of many trips, so I need to understand how to make it cheaper, otherwise, we won't be able to afford it
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #12
madzy
Mouseketeer

Kids under 18 stay free at the resort with an adult and that is correct, the park tickets would be free for the child under 9 under the Kids Stay and Play promo. And yes, you would have to do the numbers and see what would be cheaper for you. You would not be able to get both discounts. We had a trip last year booked with free dining. Once the Kids Stay and Play Free Promo came out I compared prices and it was a lot cheaper (with us with three kids under 9) than the free dining.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #13
sammyjo1871
Mouseketeer

I'm hoping for a kids stay & play promo as well! I've got our first trip planned for Feb/March 2012, and our dates don't fall on the free DDP dates.

Even though it's my first trip, I've done a ton of research. I've attached a link to mousesavers.com, that shows historical data on the offers, dates they were good for and dates they came out.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...tml#codetrends

Here's my other thought. The current 'free DDP' offer must be booked by Oct 29th. In watching this closely the past 2 years, I've never seen WDW not have some kind of special offer out. So, I'd keep watching for a new offer that comes out end of October or beginning of November. I know I am!!!
Good luck! I'll keep thinking good thoughts for all of us needing additional pixie dust!

Me DS6

sammyjo1871 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: