Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
DisneyGeek1989
Earning My Ears

New Bride =)

Hi,

My name is Princess (Yes that's my real name ) and I've just got engage with my boyfriend James. We both agree that we want to get married at Disney World and our honeymoon on the disney dream. We're giving ourselves a two year planning period because I'm a college senior and we want to be able to save money and pay for it ourselves. Right now I'm torn between haveing the wedding at the boardwalk,wilderness lodge, or the Animal Kingdon Lodge. We really want to go with a wildlife or nature theme. I always find people who've gotten married and/or had receptions at Boardwalk but I haven't seen many who have had it at Wilderness or Animal Kingdom. I was wondering if anybody had any info on those venors. I've read alot of journals on thios site and I received soem good tips, ideas, and infos however I just want to make sure we make the right choice as far as where we'll get married and how it can tie to our theme. All suggestions and advice are appreciated and I'm so happy to be apart of this online community.

Also I was wondering if anyone had ever worn the disney wedding dresses from Alfred Aneglo. I feel in love with the tiana dress as well as the Belle dress but I haven't found anyone talk about ever having one for their wedding.
DisneyGeek1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

I haven't heard of anyone getting married at the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge, but you should definitely ask your wedding consultant about it. I think an Animal Kingdom Lodge wedding would be very neat. We're having our wedding on Shipwreck Beach across from the Boardwalk if you are interested in that.

As far as the Alfred Angelo Disney dresses, I just ordered the Cinderella dress. Even though there's a lot to it and it's got a pretty good-sized train, I thought it was still comfortable to wear. The only other dress I tried on was the Ariel dress. It was a little hard to walk in, but I feel that way about all mermaid-style dresses. You should definitely try on any of the dresses that you are interested in. I loved the Belle and Tiana dresses as well, they just didn't fit the look I was going for.
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I too am a college senior (I'm done with classes in the Spring but can't graduate until the Fall of 2012 because I have to student teach).

I love that you want to go with a natural theme- very pretty! The only weddings that I've ever seen at Wilderness are through the Escape package. They are very simple and beautiful!

Are you looking to have a Wishes wedding or Escape wedding? I'm sure that if you want to do Wishes, they'll find a great option for you.

Welcome and congrats!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi Princess (what a lovely name!!) and congratulations on your engagement!!

Right at this moment there is no ceremony site at AKL. There is Sunrise Terrace at WL, but that can only be used for very small weddings (under 10 guests I think). Things change very quickly at DFTW, so who knows what ceremony sites they may come up with next!!!
As for receptions, if you are a 'Wishes' bride you can have your reception in the AK itself (after the park has closed), but the only option for 'Escape' brides (I think) is one of the restaurants at AKL (Jiko, Boma Sanaa) or one of the restaurants at WL (Artist's Point, WCC). I did hear a rumour that the manager of WL is not really into the 'wedding thing', and thus, there are no rooms available at WL for wedding receptions (but I don't know if that is true or not!!).
There are several options available at the Boardwalk for both ceremonies and receptions, but it sounds like you know that already.
There may be somebody out there who knows far more than I do about these things (Carrie!!) and may come along to correct or add to the above!!!
Good luck and keep us posted about all your plans!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 09-22-2011 at 05:18 PM.
tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
DisneyGeek1989
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Hi Princess (what a lovely name!!) and congratulations on your engagement!!

Right at this moment there is no ceremony site at AKL. There is Sunrise Terrace at WL, but that can only be used for very small weddings (under 10 guests I think). Things change very quickly at DFTW, so who knows what ceremony sites they may come up with next!!!
As for receptions, if you are a 'Wishes' bride you can have your reception in the AK itself (after the park has closed), but the only option for 'Escape' brides (I think) is one of the restaurants (Jiko, Boma Sanaa) or one of the restaurants at WL (Artist's Point, WCC). I did hear a rumour that the manager of WL is not really into the 'wedding thing', and thus, there are no rooms available at WL for wedding receptions (but I don't know if that is true or not!!).
There are several options available at the Boardwalk for both ceremonies and receptions, but it sounds like you know that already.
There may be somebody out there who knows far more than I do about these things (Carrie!!) and may come along to correct or add to the above!!!
Good luck and keep us posted about all your plans!!
Oh thank you so much for the info and that all make since to why I never hear about weddings at those places. But I really appeciate it, maybe it would be nice to have the reception at AK, I know my fiance would love that but i'll more into other places but thank you so much for the help.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
DisneyGeek1989
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Hi there! I too am a college senior (I'm done with classes in the Spring but can't graduate until the Fall of 2012 because I have to student teach).

I love that you want to go with a natural theme- very pretty! The only weddings that I've ever seen at Wilderness are through the Escape package. They are very simple and beautiful!

Are you looking to have a Wishes wedding or Escape wedding? I'm sure that if you want to do Wishes, they'll find a great option for you.

Welcome and congrats!
Awwww thank you so much but I would like to have a Wishes wedding but my parents think that alot of poeple won't come because of travel and therefore we should have just a small intimate wedding at disney and a big wedding in Memphis (My home town) but I'm really stuborn and what a wishes wedding
Old 09-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
DisneyGeek1989
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsSleepingBeauty View Post
I haven't heard of anyone getting married at the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge, but you should definitely ask your wedding consultant about it. I think an Animal Kingdom Lodge wedding would be very neat. We're having our wedding on Shipwreck Beach across from the Boardwalk if you are interested in that.

As far as the Alfred Angelo Disney dresses, I just ordered the Cinderella dress. Even though there's a lot to it and it's got a pretty good-sized train, I thought it was still comfortable to wear. The only other dress I tried on was the Ariel dress. It was a little hard to walk in, but I feel that way about all mermaid-style dresses. You should definitely try on any of the dresses that you are interested in. I loved the Belle and Tiana dresses as well, they just didn't fit the look I was going for.
Thank you so much for the help. wow youre wedding on shipwreck beach is gonna be awesome I'm glad to hear that you got the cinderellla, I thought that was pretty but the others really won my heart although I'm thinking about Tiana or Belle for the wedding and having the Jamine dress for the reception however that also depends on if i lose some weight but Congrats on your wedding as well and thanks for all the help.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGeek1989 View Post
Thank you so much for the help. wow youre wedding on shipwreck beach is gonna be awesome I'm glad to hear that you got the cinderellla, I thought that was pretty but the others really won my heart although I'm thinking about Tiana or Belle for the wedding and having the Jamine dress for the reception however that also depends on if i lose some weight but Congrats on your wedding as well and thanks for all the help.
You're welcome! Thank you, too! We're very excited about it! You can use the store locator tool on the Disney section of the Alfred Angelo website and it will find stores near you that carry the dresses. Honestly, I love all of the dresses so much I'm tempted to go try on the others just to see what they look like. I'm happy with my choice of Cinderella, though--it was exactly what I wanted.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Hi!! I'm new here too! We're planning our wedding for November 2012. Wish I had advice like these ladies do...but I'm just now starting the planning process myself!
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

Congratulations on your engagement!!! I bought the Belle dress but haven't worn it yet as my wedding isn't until December 2nd. I went back and fourth between Belle and Tiana but Belle went more with my theme. They are both gorgeous dresses! Belle is a really big dress but it felt light, not as heavy as I had expected. I will let you know how it goes once I wear it. I'm just worried about sitting down it

Can't wait to hear some of your plans!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:46 AM   #11
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your engagement!!! I have a long-ish engagement too, but its nice to soak up all the wedding-ness, lol!
Offsite Spring Break '05 Offsite Spring Break '06 POR Chistmas '06 Pop/ASMU/OKW Summer '07 CBR Summer '08 Royal Pacific & AKL October 2010 Beach Club Villas November 2011 DFTW-Beach Club & Boardwalk April 2012!

My DFTW Planning Journal
donald&daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
DisneyGeek1989
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald&daisy View Post
Congrats on your engagement!!! I have a long-ish engagement too, but its nice to soak up all the wedding-ness, lol!
Thank you so much and congrats to you as well lol but yeah it does feel good to window shop early so i will be less tress once we decided to book the wedding.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
DisneyGeek1989
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash8716 View Post
Congratulations on your engagement!!! I bought the Belle dress but haven't worn it yet as my wedding isn't until December 2nd. I went back and fourth between Belle and Tiana but Belle went more with my theme. They are both gorgeous dresses! Belle is a really big dress but it felt light, not as heavy as I had expected. I will let you know how it goes once I wear it. I'm just worried about sitting down it

Can't wait to hear some of your plans!
Thank you so much wow thats awesome! Yeah the belle dress is so beautiful but because i'm a thick chick I think tiana will look best for my figure and will still be flattering lol
Old 09-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #14
DisneyGeek1989
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Hi!! I'm new here too! We're planning our wedding for November 2012. Wish I had advice like these ladies do...but I'm just now starting the planning process myself!
Awwww congrats on ur wedding. I hope you find help on here as much as I have. This site is way better than other wedding sites which never gives you enough information but the people here are always willing to share which I love about it

Tags
bride, disney, help planning, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: