Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 04:51 AM   #1
disneybex
Mouseketeer

Meat and 1 Veg do DxDDP!

As we approach the 30 day mark until we leave for our trip we have finalised our plans and have 3 weeks of DxDDP to report on.

With 2 very different perspectives:

Me - Meat eater and fish avoider - will try most things apart from anything super spicy

DF - soon to be DH is a long time vegetarian, lover of spicy and hater of mushrooms and goat cheese.

After loving the DDP last year, where we had no problems using all of our credits we knew we wanted to try DxDDP this year. Especially as we are getting married at the Yacht Club on day 5 and will then be enjoying our honeymoon So we get to try all the signatures we didn't include in our last trip.

The line-up:

Day 1
Flight from the UK
Dinner: Turf Club

Day 2
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
Lunch: At Blizzard Beach
Dinner: Narcoossee's

Day 3
Breakfast: Lie-in for MNSSHP
Lunch: Olivia's Cafe
Dinner: Crystal Palace

Day 4
Breakfast: Lie-in after MNSSHP
Lunch: At the outlets
Dinner: Jiko

Day 5: Our wedding!
Breakfast: Probably lots of wedding cake
Lunch: Cinderella's Royal Table
Dinner: California Grill

Day 6
Breakfast: Snacks before the Epcot Segway Tour
Lunch: Le Cellier
Dinner: San Angel Inn

Day 7
Breakfast: Tusker House
Lunch: Yak & Yeti
Dinner: Kona Cafe

Day 8
Breakfast: Cape may Cafe
Lunch: At the Mall
Dinner: Flying Fish Cafe

Day 9
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Lunch: Tony's Town Square
Dinner: Yachtman's Steakhouse

Day 10
Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine
Lunch: Brown Derby Fantasmic package
Dinner: Ohana

Day 11
Breakfast: Ohana
Lunch: in Typhoon Lagoon
Dinner: Garden Grill

Day 12
Breakfast: Boma
Lunch: Tusker House
Dinner: Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

Day 13
Breakfast: Akershus
Lunch: Les Chefs de France
Dinner: Nine Dragons

Day 14
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: in Typhoon Lagoon
Dinner: Artist Point

Day 15
Breakfast: snacks before rope drop
Lunch: Mama Melrose
Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine-In

Day 16
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: Cape may Cafe

Day 17
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
Lunch: Teppan Edo
Dinner: La Hacienda de San Angel

Day 18
Breakfast: Tusker House
Lunch: Grand Floridian Cafe
Dinner: Hoop De Doo

Day 19
Breakfast: Lie-in for MVMCP
Lunch: At the outlets
Dinner: Cinderella's Royal Table

Day 20
Breakfast: Cape may Cafe
Lunch: Planet Hollywood
Dinner: Citricos

Day 21
Breakfast: Akershus
Lunch: Biergarten
Dinner: Tutto Italia

Day 22
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Lunch: The Plaza
Fly home

We originally didn't want to have Ohana for dinner and then the next morning for breakfast but I needed to do some switching and this was the only way that worked so that would be the only thing I'd change if an ADR comes up.

We are both big lovers of frozen drinks, slushies and milkshakes so you will see a lot of them, but as we have 2 snack credits/day rather than just the one that we had last time there should also be a lot of cupcake action!

November 2011: Old Key West and our WDW Wedding
September 2010: Coronado Springs
September 2009: Hotel Cheyenne

Last edited by disneybex; 09-21-2011 at 09:16 AM.
disneybex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Sounds wonderful! Best of luck with your wedding!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #3
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Fantastic line up, count me in

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Congrats on your engagement, and soon-to-be wedding.

Wow, three weeks? I'm so jealous. I don't know if I could even handle the deluxe plan for that long though. But I would love to try.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
disneybex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
Sounds wonderful! Best of luck with your wedding!
Thanks Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Fantastic line up, count me in

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding
Thank you - glad you're along for the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
Congrats on your engagement, and soon-to-be wedding.

Wow, three weeks? I'm so jealous. I don't know if I could even handle the deluxe plan for that long though. But I would love to try.
Thanks

I know what you mean - everyone has been warning us to only have 2 meals a day but we've booked all the signatures and dinner shows so we couldn't spread it out any more and we decided we'd try not to go back to restaurants (with breakfast being the exception). We might have to roll home

Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
disneybex
Mouseketeer

As we didn't take enough pictures while on the DDP last year to warrant a full dining review I thought I'd squeeze a few that we did manage to take in here:

Chef Mickey's breakfast with birthday cupcake

Liberty Tree Tavern

Crystal palace sundae

Candy from MNSSHP!

Le Cellier Moose

Le Cellier Birthday wishes dessert

Lots of various slushies and iced drinks

This time we will definitely do better and get lots of photos

Old 09-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #7
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybex View Post
I know what you mean - everyone has been warning us to only have 2 meals a day but we've booked all the signatures and dinner shows so we couldn't spread it out any more and we decided we'd try not to go back to restaurants (with breakfast being the exception). We might have to roll home
The days I had three meals a day were killer for me. I was there for thirteen days, and had a couple meals with three days. The one thing I'd suggest would be to not feel like you have to use every credit, or feel like you have to have an appetizer and dessert with every meal. Will you have a fridge in your room? A lot of those desserts could be packed to go.

Also, I know all your ADRs are probably already set, but breakfast at the Wave is fabulous, and it doesn't look like you're eating there at all. They just started serving a breakfast buffet along with their a la carte menu, and that is seriously the best breakfast food I've ever eaten at Disney, with perhaps the exception of the goat cheese and chive scrambled eggs at Boma.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
disneybex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The days I had three meals a day were killer for me. I was there for thirteen days, and had a couple meals with three days. The one thing I'd suggest would be to not feel like you have to use every credit, or feel like you have to have an appetizer and dessert with every meal. Will you have a fridge in your room? A lot of those desserts could be packed to go.

Also, I know all your ADRs are probably already set, but breakfast at the Wave is fabulous, and it doesn't look like you're eating there at all. They just started serving a breakfast buffet along with their a la carte menu, and that is seriously the best breakfast food I've ever eaten at Disney, with perhaps the exception of the goat cheese and chive scrambled eggs at Boma.
Yeah - we're in the 1 bed at OKW so we actually have a full kitchen - not that we are going to use it!

We didn't stick to all of our meals last time and I expect it to be the same this time. We got the DDP free so all we had to pay was the upgrade to the DxDDP so we're not worried about getting value from the plan either which is nice.

We did originally have the Wave in but as they were MK days and we really like Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace it got booted in favour for these. Plus for breakfasts as DF is a veggie and doesn't eat any eggs he mostly has pastries, cereal and breakfast potatoes so it is more about the characters for him. Although we do have Chef Mickey's in twice so maybe I could swap it out....

We also nearly had the Wave in for lunch too but in the end we opted for the Grand Floridan Cafe instead.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
disneyfav4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybex View Post
Yeah - we're in the 1 bed at OKW so we actually have a full kitchen - not that we are going to use it!

We didn't stick to all of our meals last time and I expect it to be the same this time. We got the DDP free so all we had to pay was the upgrade to the DxDDP so we're not worried about getting value from the plan either which is nice.

We did originally have the Wave in but as they were MK days and we really like Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace it got booted in favour for these. Plus for breakfasts as DF is a veggie and doesn't eat any eggs he mostly has pastries, cereal and breakfast potatoes so it is more about the characters for him. Although we do have Chef Mickey's in twice so maybe I could swap it out....

We also nearly had the Wave in for lunch too but in the end we opted for the Grand Floridan Cafe instead.
I would definatly swap it out for one of the Chef Mickey's days. Though I did eat eggs, I don't eat any red meat or poultry, (though I do eat seafood ocassionally, but that almost never shows up for breakfast,) but I felt like I had plenty to eat at breakfast there. Is it just eggs he doesn't eat? Or anything with eggs in it, like pancakes and waffles? Don't mean to be nosy, lol, just curious.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
disneybex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I would definatly swap it out for one of the Chef Mickey's days. Though I did eat eggs, I don't eat any red meat or poultry, (though I do eat seafood ocassionally, but that almost never shows up for breakfast,) but I felt like I had plenty to eat at breakfast there. Is it just eggs he doesn't eat? Or anything with eggs in it, like pancakes and waffles? Don't mean to be nosy, lol, just curious.
Lol I should have added it to the first post as it is bound to come up a lot!

He doesn't eat anything that is OBVIOUSLY eggy or has an egg flavour - like: eggs, quiche, mayo, pancakes, waffles etc

This is another reason why we wanted to do DxDDP as in the UK we struggle to find places where he can have anything different without making a huge fuss. He had so many great things to try last year and we are hoping for more of the same.

The real difficulty is that most veggie options normally have either goat cheese or mushrooms in both of which he doesn't like so we have to work around that too

Old 09-23-2011, 02:59 AM   #12
disneybex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Congrats on getting married! Looks like we will be there the around the same time...I will keep and eye out for the wedding Mickey & Minnie eared couple!
Thanks

We're not big fans of the new wedding cap style ears so we'll only be wearing ears if we can find the old style which were on bands and had a hat for the groom - I wish we'd bought them on our last trip but we didn't know they'd be discontinued

Old 09-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #13
disneybex
Mouseketeer

So we've had one change. I just found out about the pin meet on 4th November so we have switched Flying Fish to 12th and swapped Cape May Cafe for the Wave. Looking forward to it as we didn't get to try the Wave on our last visit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: