Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #1306
rgumidrop
Earning My Ears

Ok sorry if this has already been answered before. We recieved 3 of the yellow tags for our bags but we have 6 pieces of luggage being checked, can we cut them in half or should I call DME? TIA
rgumidrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #1307
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgumidrop View Post
Ok sorry if this has already been answered before. We recieved 3 of the yellow tags for our bags but we have 6 pieces of luggage being checked, can we cut them in half or should I call DME? TIA
Call DME and ask for more. They stopped sending two pp when baggage fees became the norm. They figured that the vast majority of passengers were checking just one bag pp, rather than two.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #1308
rgumidrop
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much called them this morning.
rgumidrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #1309
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

I know I saw this answered somewhere but can't find it now.
They have our flight numbers on our DME reservation correct but the times both state 12am. I realize that's probably a default time. Will the times be updated the closer we get to our travel dates?

Also, I asked but haven't gotten any response yet, is it possible to use DME to get to our resorts but take a taxi back to MCO on departure day? The 3 hour pick up time is really, really early for us, lol.
Any idea on a taxi rate from Disney resorts (POR) to MCO?

DisneyGuess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #1310
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
They have our flight numbers on our DME reservation correct but the times both state 12am. I realize that's probably a default time. Will the times be updated the closer we get to our travel dates?

Also, I asked but haven't gotten any response yet, is it possible to use DME to get to our resorts but take a taxi back to MCO on departure day? The 3 hour pick up time is really, really early for us, lol.
As far as your arrival vouchers, it doesn't make any difference what time it states for flight arrival. They don't really care what time you arrive. They can, and do, track arrival times...doesn't matter what the vouchers say.

As far as getting back to MCO..yes, you can take a cab. You can check your bags at your resort that morning (with RAC) and get your boarding passes issued. Then, you can head to MCO in any fashion you want.
But, be careful. Many say that 3 hrs is too long. Most of us, who travel there frequently, if booking a car service ask for pickup to be about 2.5 hrs prior to flight departure. Many have posted about longer than normal waits in security, or running into an issue on the road.
Just don't try to cut it too close. You can get a cab, or car service, for about $60 one way.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #1311
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

So, if we used a taxi, instead of leaving at 6am for our 9am flight, we'd leave at 6:30am....& pay around $60. for 30 minutes. I think we'll just stick with DME, hehe, hubby can get over it, it's not a great deal of more time for us to get ready.
Another question, where is the DME bus stop? In front of the lobby where you check-in & out? So, we should plan on being down there by 5:30-5:45 at the latest?

Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #1312
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
So, if we used a taxi, instead of leaving at 6am for our 9am flight, we'd leave at 6:30am....& pay around $60. for 30 minutes. I think we'll just stick with DME, hehe, hubby can get over it, it's not a great deal of more time for us to get ready.
Another question, where is the DME bus stop? In front of the lobby where you check-in & out? So, we should plan on being down there by 5:30-5:45 at the latest?
The exact location of the DME stop will vary by resort. You'll know it as soon as you arrive at the resort, though, because the pick-up spot is the same as the drop-off spot.

The day before your departure day, you'll receive written notice of your scheduled pick-up time, along with instructions. Please heed the instructions, especially the one that tells you to be there at least 15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #1313
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
As far as your arrival vouchers, it doesn't make any difference what time it states for flight arrival. They don't really care what time you arrive. They can, and do, track arrival times...doesn't matter what the vouchers say.

As far as getting back to MCO..yes, you can take a cab. You can check your bags at your resort that morning (with RAC) and get your boarding passes issued. Then, you can head to MCO in any fashion you want.
But, be careful. Many say that 3 hrs is too long. Most of us, who travel there frequently, if booking a car service ask for pickup to be about 2.5 hrs prior to flight departure. Many have posted about longer than normal waits in security, or running into an issue on the road.
Just don't try to cut it too close. You can get a cab, or car service, for about $60 one way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
The exact location of the DME stop will vary by resort. You'll know it as soon as you arrive at the resort, though, because the pick-up spot is the same as the drop-off spot.

The day before your departure day, you'll receive written notice of your scheduled pick-up time, along with instructions. Please heed the instructions, especially the one that tells you to be there at least 15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
Well said. I agree 100%. 3 hrs sounds like a lot but really, the time flies. Especially if you want to eat before you fly. Given the "arrive 2 hrs before your flight time," travel time to the airport whomever takes you there (allowing extra time for usual traffic/accident delays) and the 2.5 hrs of the flight, we need a real meal at the airport. The little flight snack doesn't cut it for our teen boys.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #1314
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They know your flight time based on your flight # so make sure that is accurate. They can change from the time you book to the time you actually fly.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #1315
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

If we have an 8:30 am flight....can we still use RAC? Our ME bus should be picking us up ~5-5:30, I figure. Of course, we can always take our one checked bag with us, but I'd rather do it at the resort. We've never had an early morning flight before. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #1316
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

You SHOULD be able to use RAC. It'll depend on your pick-up time (which you'll find out on the morning of the day before your departure day) and if you get there before any line develops ... RAC opens at 5:00 a.m.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:37 AM   #1317
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Be out at the RAC counter before they open at 5....that way you should be done by 5:10....with an 8:30 flight, your pickup time could be anytime between 5:20-5:40.
If your pickup time is at 5:20 or so, send everyone out to the bus stop, and have just one adult be at RAC...one parent should be able to check everyone else in....then, if the bus arrives early, the rest of the family can ask the driver to hold for about 2 mins, if dad isn't quite done yet. But, be out at the RAC counter before they open...best solution.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #1318
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
You SHOULD be able to use RAC. It'll depend on your pick-up time (which you'll find out on the morning of the day before your departure day) and if you get there before any line develops ... RAC opens at 5:00 a.m.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Be out at the RAC counter before they open at 5....that way you should be done by 5:10....with an 8:30 flight, your pickup time could be anytime between 5:20-5:40.
If your pickup time is at 5:20 or so, send everyone out to the bus stop, and have just one adult be at RAC...one parent should be able to check everyone else in....then, if the bus arrives early, the rest of the family can ask the driver to hold for about 2 mins, if dad isn't quite done yet. But, be out at the RAC counter before they open...best solution.

Thank you, both! I double-checked, and the actual flight time is 8:20. I can be at RAC before 5, no problem. It's just DH and I this trip and a fairly short one at that. We may not even have a checked bag--we're considering carry-on only. But we're flying SW and I'd like to let them take my bags. I did pay for it, after all (indirectly). lol
Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #1319
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know, if you arrive at MCO late, 10:30pm, I know they aren't delivering luggage at that time, but will ME still pick up your luggage & have it delivered the next morning? Or do you have to get your luggage yourself that night?

Old 10-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #1320
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Does anyone know, if you arrive at MCO late, 10:30pm, I know they aren't delivering luggage at that time, but will ME still pick up your luggage & have it delivered the next morning? Or do you have to get your luggage yourself that night?
Your luggage will be pulled and put aside...where I have no idea. My issue is that if there are no DME workers to pull the bags out before they get to the public baggage claim area, what does happen to these tagged bags??? I am assuming that they go out to the carousels with all the other checked bags, and when no one shows up to get the DME tagged bags, they are pulled and put aside until the following morning, when DME workers collect them. Now....I don't really want my bags going around and around, unsupervised, on that baggage carousel.
I would just leave it untagged and get it yourself. Adds a short time to your overall time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: