Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #76
FFToolboxGuy
Earning My Ears

I think this is a GREAT idea. I'm glad Disney isn't just resting on what they have. The parks are getting stale for teens and this could be a big traffic driver. I could see a 3d ride like Star Tours, an indoor roller coaster like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and eco-learning opportunities. Very excited that they're expanding AK, which I think it currently the weakest of the four theme parks. Plus it can stay open past 5pm now.
WDW:
Cont 2000, WL 2003, BWV 2004, OKW 9/2005, VWL 10/2006, VWL 5/2007, AKL 6/2008, Offsite 4/2009, GF 6/2009, AKV 7/2010, BWV 10/2010
DLR:
VGC 1/2010, GC 4/2011 (ABD)
FFToolboxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #77
FFToolboxGuy
Earning My Ears

To those folks who think Walt would hate this...

"In this volatile business of ours, we can ill afford to rest on our laurels, even to pause in retrospect. Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future."

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination."

"Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
WDW:
Cont 2000, WL 2003, BWV 2004, OKW 9/2005, VWL 10/2006, VWL 5/2007, AKL 6/2008, Offsite 4/2009, GF 6/2009, AKV 7/2010, BWV 10/2010
DLR:
VGC 1/2010, GC 4/2011 (ABD)
FFToolboxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #78
SIMJUN
Mouseketeer

Well, I never knew Walt, but I have read everything I can get my hands on, and I am pretty sure he would love this.

In fact, I think he would have already been on it!!
SIMJUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #79
wasabi girl
Mouseketeer
I can't get in the shower if the shower curtain is already wet

It'll be interesting to see what the concept art looks like. Who knows, I sort of hate the renderings of the Fantasyland expansion but I'll probably end up liking it...I love AK, but it really does need some attention, I guess it could be worse than Avatar...I just hope there is some real thought put into whatever it is they do, and it isn't some slapdash reaction to all the folks visiting HP at Universal.

It's funny but I would like the idea of Avatar at DHS, another park that could use some attention...
Old 09-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #80
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Just to clarify, there are actually a good number of black bears who live year round in Florida. Corey has several photos of one.
I know you are serious Jack, but I just snorted!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #81
Splat25
DVC Owner AKV & BLT

Not sure what to think about this. To me it really doesn't belong in Animal Kingdom. It needs to go to Hollywood studios. I remember the rumors about a possible australia expansion and that sounded cool, but to throw in something made up with aliens doesn't seem like it fits in Animal Kingdom. I understand they have the co-existing with nature type of theme to the movie, but it just stikes me as a bad placment....

Last edited by Splat25; 09-21-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Splat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #82
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

I linked to this thread in the blog we put up... and used some quotes.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/09/...nimal-kingdom/

Has anyone yet mentioned that this may be our chance to purchase "unobtainium" for our very own!!! Think of it, shops full of unobtainium!

2010 WDW Half Marathon; Mickey's Halloween 5K; Wine&Dine Half Marathon
2009 WDW Half Marathon; Muddy Buddy Orlando 2008 Inaugural Exp Everest Chall
2007 Marine Corps Marathon 4:28:50 PR (Thanks again WISHers!)
2007 WL WDW Marathon 5:05.08 (Thank you WISH Racing Team!)

Last edited by Mouse Skywalker; 09-20-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Mouse Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #83
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
I know you are serious Jack, but I just snorted!
I reserve serious comments on the DISboards for P&PD requests. Life is too short to take any of this stuff too seriously.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #84
LMO429
DIS Veteran

As long as they add a thrill ride i will be happy!

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #85
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse Skywalker View Post
Has anyone yet mentioned that this may be our chance to purchase "unobtainium" for our very own!!! Think of it, shops full of unobtainium!
I'm not sure many of us could afford it. And then of course, You'll run into people complaining about how Disney is selling unobtainium at such high pricing.

And then they'll start saying you can't bring last year's unobtainium and still get all the benefits, so then you'll hear complaints about how they are forcing you to buy more unobtainium every trip....

... which will then attract people saying they are going to use last year's unobtainium anyways since they paid for it and it's better for the enviroment to reuse their unobtainium rather than be forced to purchase some new unobtainium.....

...and then we have the makings for yet another DIS holy war topic. No good can come from this.

DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #86
jimpossible87
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofypop View Post
And Dinosaur was such a hit?

I say give it a chance. I think it will be awesome but who knows, I could be wrong and it could stink something fierce. But then others here could be wrong and it could be one of the biggest draws AK will ever have. The point is, right now, no one knows how successful this will be but there are a bunch of people here in this forum condemning it before it even happens. What ever happened to people thinking positively about Disney? I swear, a person can see so much negativity in the forums these days. Instead of being happy that they have a wonderful set of parks to go to they want to hate, gripe, and armchair engineer the parks.

While I think it will be very cool, this whole thing could blow up in Disney's face and then everyone can sit back and thrash Disney over it. Be honest, they could literally transport you to Pandora, for real, and there would still be people that have nothing good to say about it.
I dont think anyone thinks Dino land USA is a success at AK but at least Dinosaur is a Disney movie (one I like better than Avatar)
I dont think its anything against Disney to not be a fan of Avatar. Im always excited to see new attractions being built and read all the latest news but Im not going to pretend to like a movie just because they are putting a ride at Disney World. I dont think having an opinion is being negative. I hope its a success, I just still wont like those stupid blue people
jimpossible87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #87
jimpossible87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofypop View Post
Ahhhh, my mistake. I retract. I had actually forgotten about that attraction. Wow. Still though, this idea should be taken with a wait and see approach. Too many people killing it before the shovel even hits the ground. I can't wait to see the comments from people when the artist renderings come out.
I bet everything will be blue!!! lol -jk with ya
Old 09-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #88
jimpossible87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
it's hard to base stuff off of anything that isnt a "classic" see universal's attractions like twister. who wants to buy that merchandise 10-20 years later..nobody! disney doesnt make a ride off of every succesfull movie they have, so i think it is strange they would make a whole land off of a francise that isnt fully out yet..... i want a wall e or up ride .....(whining, i know)
Well that sis totally my point...theres nothing Disney can pull from its own features? Didnt the house in Up go to the jungle ? lol
Old 09-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #89
SebLop1977
Earning My Ears

Saw the movie, it was ok but not one of my favorites. Maybe it will grow on me with the sequels. And hopefully the sequels will not 'tank' at the box office.

Hopefully it will work out for Disney. My personal opinion is that it would be better suited for DHS since (to the best of my knowledge) AK is based around 'real' animals and not aliens. Maybe AK is where they had the most land to work with? Maybe Disney will tie it all together and amaze us all. Time will tell.
Completed: VA, TX, FL, CA, RI
Scheduled: LA, OK, GA, MS, NC

My Disney Trips
2010, Jan. - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
2010, Sept. - Disneyland - Hilton
2014, April - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
2014, Oct. - WDW - Pop Century
2015, Jan. - WDW - Caribbean Beach
2015, Sept. - Disneyland - Disneyland Hotel
SebLop1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #90
jimpossible87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi girl View Post
It'll be interesting to see what the concept art looks like. Who knows, I sort of hate the renderings of the Fantasyland expansion but I'll probably end up liking it...I love AK, but it really does need some attention, I guess it could be worse than Avatar...I just hope there is some real thought put into whatever it is they do, and it isn't some slapdash reaction to all the folks visiting HP at Universal.

It's funny but I would like the idea of Avatar at DHS, another park that could use some attention...
I think the slapdash reaction to HP is called a fantasyland expansion---jk
I kid... I kid! curse my sarcasm Ill never make any friends!
I actually cant wait to go in the beasts castle (my fave Disney movie)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: