Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 11:21 PM   #451
DisMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn46356 View Post
1900 Park Fare for dinner. The character intervention was fine, the strawberry soup was great, but the remainder left something to be desired! Glad I was on the dining plan and didn't have to pay for this oop.

p.s. I think a lot of us really need a character intervention.......so perhaps you're right on the money there! LOL
DisMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #452
want2bamommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Don't change any reservations! Everyone's taste is different and a bad server can be just someone having an off night.
I agree with this. Everyone is different. Hubby and I sometimes have differing opinions about restaurants too (in the World or outside of it). It reminds me of the movies....one person loves a movie and another thinks it was horrible.

Me (Melissa), 37 Mark,39 Elizabeth 3 Emily, 11 months
want2bamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #453
fun4all4
Earning My Ears

Worst = Chefs de France

Did not enjoy Mama Melrose's; we've been there twice but will not go back.

Chef Mickey's. I don't even remember the food because it was such an absolute zoo - it was not a fun or pleasant experience.

-----------------------------------------------
1977 Lake Buena Vista
1987 Off-Site (first with DH)
1996 Polynesian (first with kids)
1997 Port Orleans French Quarter
1999 Boardwalk Inn
2000 Port Orleans Riverside (then DL)
2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2004 All Star Movies
2006 DL/DCA Grand Californian
2007 Beach Club
2009 Coronado Springs
2012 Boardwalk Villas
fun4all4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #454
BDL
DIS Veteran

I am 0 for 2 at the MGM restaurants.

I was not impressed with Mama Melrose. A very limited menu and the quality vs. the wait was not worth it (I waited 45min even with an ADR)

And the Sci-Fi has made me, literally, sick the 2 times that I ate there. The 1st time was about 12 yrs ago and then again 4 years later. I was hoping that the 1st time was just a bad day. But no... Par for the course.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #455
Belleofthehouse
Mouseketeer

1900 Park Fare for Breakfast. The environment turned us off right from the start. The food was okay but nothing fabulous.

This one is on our "not going back" list.

I love my guys!!
Poly-1979,1984,2009-Kids' first trip
2010: POR
2012:AKL 20 Years!
2013: UniversalSeaworld with the Family
Belleofthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #456
uagirl
Oh Toodles!

Biergarten. Yuck Yuck Yuck

Me-33 DH-33 Princess C-Bear-4 Princess C-Mouse - 2 months
uagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #457
shortchange1026
Why is all the rum gone?? KUNGALOOSH!

We don't regret eating at Le Cellier on our last trip, just regret that I didn't complain to a manager. The last 2 times we had eaten there, we had a fabulous meal. The last time, not so much. It doesn't live up to the hype anymore. Our waiter was rude and talked down to us. DH ordered a beer he had never heard of before and he got like a 10 minute recitation about the beer. Ok, great, just bring me the beer! We were horribly rushed, in and out in about 45 minutes, we ordered the soup and literally 2 seconds after putting our spoons down from finishing, our entrees were out. DH said the filet was good but I ordered prime rib medium rare. It came out raw. I had to fight with our waiter to take it back. He tried to explain to me what medium rare was and I said to him, I've been eating my meat medium rare almost my entire life and I know the difference between that and raw! He should have just apologized and took it back, which he finally did. But by that time, my experience was less than stellar. We didn't even order dessert. We were paying out of pocket and the over $100 tab we paid was just insane for 2 drinks, 2 apps and 2 entrees. Never again. I just wish I had the guts to complain to a manager.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #458
DisneyaholicRaquel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyyy View Post
Marakesh in Morroco. Just wasn't what we thought. It could have just been what we ordered, but the food was bland, mine looked green,
I totally agree....also we thought it smelled strange in the building.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #459
IndianSummer
Mouseketeer

Agreeing with those who disliked Coral Reef. I was expecting to be wowed and the food was bland. The service was slow and the server flustered even though it didn't appear to be very busy. The dessert was nice though. Oh and my kids didn't like the kids menu choices.

And while *I* really enjoyed the food at Wolfgang Puck's at DTD, my kids had a hard time finding anything kid friendly on the kids menu. Maybe a place to go without the kids or with adventurous kids anyway.
IndianSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #460
merbobear
DIS Veteran

CRT, imo was overrated and over priced for what it is. For my money (ie: table service credit), I would rather go to Akershus, get the same character interactions and a photo package for a single credit.

The food at CRT was not bad, but it wasn't exceptional either.

What really set the tone was the ridiculous wait to get in. We arrived approx 10 mins before our seating time, waited in line to get in at least 20 minutes, then waited in line to get our photo for approx 10 minutes. After the photo was taken, we waited over 30 minutes to be brought to the tables. That is FIFTY minutes past our ADR time! I do understand that you might have to wait a few minutes, maybe even 10-15 minutes past your ADR time for a table to be available, but there is absolutely no reason to wait almost an hour. I complained to a CM whose attitude was basically "tough," so I requested to speak to her supervisor. The supervisor did apologize for the wait at least and apologized for the other cm's rudeness toward us, and then brought us to be seated a few minutes later (FINALLY!!).

Another low point was that Ariel never came to our table..she interacted with all of the tables near us, but then sailed right past us never to return.

I would possibly try CRT again, just because my dd is very into princesses, but I would not keep my hopes high for a positive experience, sadly.

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #461
AmyBeth68
Relentless Forward Motion

Big River Grill. Sorry it was just not good at all in my opinion.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #462
ScoJo15
There will be days when I don't know if I can run a marathon. There will be a lifetime knowing that I have. ~ Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyBeth68 View Post
Big River Grill. Sorry it was just not good at all in my opinion.
It also had a fowl smell...not sure what that was from?
ScoJo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #463
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesmom07 View Post
DISclaimer: this is just my opinion..

Crystal Palace, food was yucky, characters didn't interact much, server was very slow at one point I think he forgot us.
I would agree with this I found the food in Crystal Palace to be just gross. It had that cheesy vegas buffet about it, except its not free. The character there look like they were in a magic marker fight its where the tired Char Costumes come to die an undignified death of smashed food sticky fingers and dirty marker gloves.
Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #464
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesmom07 View Post
DISclaimer: this is just my opinion..

Crystal Palace, food was yucky, characters didn't interact much, server was very slow at one point I think he forgot us.
My opinion matches your opinion. But I did like walking through the park before it opened.
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #465
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Our last meal at H&V. The first two times we were there for dinner it was fine so i guess the quality must have gone down or we were just there on a bad day.
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: