Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Mike & Missy Plus Six-A 9/11/11 Dream Trip Report! Update-12/08-COMPLETE!!

Hello, and welcome!
For those of you who haven't read my Pre-TR, my name is Missy. My DH, Mike and I are huge Disney fans and were very fortunate to have been able to cruise on the 9/11 sailing of the Dream, along with some of our family. This was our 5th sailing aboard DCL, and probably our last for at least a couple of years-but more on that later!

If you'd like to check out my Pre-TR to get a little more background on the trip, you can find it here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758353

Now, on to the introductions...
As I said, there's me, Missy. I'm 32 and have been in banking for 11 years now. It's definitely not my dream job, but it helps to get us to Disney every now and then, so I really can't complain!

Then there's my best friend and DH, Mike, who's 34. Mike works for an industrial tire company and happens to have a boss who totally understands our love for Disney! I'm also very lucky to have a husband who enjoys Disney and understands the "magic" as much as I do!

Then there's Gayle and Allen. Gayle is also Mike's sister. She and her daughter Brandi, cruised with us on the Magic back in 2009, but this was Allen's 1st Disney cruise.

Then there's Dustin #1, who is our nephew and the son of my sister. He's 17, and this was his very first cruise and really his first big vacation.

Next is Dustin #2 who is also our nephew, but is the son of Gayle and Allen. He's 19 and this was also his first cruise ever!

And last, but certainly not least is Brandi and Brandon. Brandi is Gayle and Allen's daughter, and Brandon is her boyfriend of 2 years. They are such a cute couple and the whole family is just waiting for their engagement!

Last edited by UGAFan0829; 12-08-2011 at 02:23 PM.
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Reserved for update links

I've never done this on any of my other TR's before, so I thought I'd try something new this time...I'm going to try and post the link to each update here so that it will be a little easier for everyone to navigate!!

Making our arrival!

Checking out our room! Part 1

Checking out our room! Part 2

Downtown Disney!

'Ohana!

It's time to board the Dream! Part 1

It's time to board the Dream! Part 2

Bon Voyage! Part 1

Bon Voyage! Part 2

The New Animator's Palate!

The Dream after dark!

Fun in the sun at Atlantis!

Dress-up night in Enchanted Garden!

Enjoying Castaway a different way!

Pirate Night!

Princesses and Palo Brunch!

Characters Galore!

Our final dinner on the Dream!

A Dismal Disembarkation!

Final Thoughts and Future Plans!

Last edited by UGAFan0829; 12-08-2011 at 02:20 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Making our arrival!!

Our trip started bright and early Saturday morning. Ok, so maybe it wasn’t yet bright outside, but it certainly was early!! The plan was that Mike, Dustin and I would meet up with the rest of the gang at 4:00 in a parking lot near the interstate. As you can see, we were running just a few minutes behind, but thankfully nothing major!

If you’ve read any of my other TR’s then you know that we are more likely to be a few minutes late than on time!!
After meeting up with everyone, we were off for the long ride south! We ended up stopping for breakfast and then a couple of potty breaks before we finally made our way under that magical sign! It was at this point that I started clapping my hands and singing “Hercules, Hercules!” Mike’s use to it by now, but Dustin thought I had completely lost my mind!!
(As we made our way through one of the toll booths along the way, I noticed that the Love Bugs were out and about, and you can see the evidence of them on the windshield in this picture!!)

Dustin was taking in the sights as Mike navigated us over to AKL

We passed this awesome sight on our way, and it was really sad knowing that we were so close and yet we still wouldn’t be able to ride!

We made our way through the security gate and found our way to Kidani Village!

We all parked and made our way into the Lobby. I went to check us in while everyone else checked the place out.

The CM who checked me in was super nice, and it turns out that she has grandchildren who live in the same city as us! I thought this was really cool since it’s a pretty small town! I was also happy when she told me that our room was ready!!

Up next: Checking out our room!!

Last edited by UGAFan0829; 09-20-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Checking in!

I think it is so great that you got to experience this first trip with the boys. It must be wonderful seeing it all through fresh eyes again.
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Checking in!

I think it is so great that you got to experience this first trip with the boys. It must be wonderful seeing it all through fresh eyes again.
Thank you, Lessa! As always, I'm so glad you're here! Now, I've got to get caught up on all your fun and adventures!

BTW, do you know what I'm doing wrong in my update links? I clicked the one above to try and get it to work and it just gives me an error page. How do you do yours?
Old 09-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Yay you've started! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

You just got back and we already get an update, how wonderful is this! Can't wait to hear what you thought of the hotel!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Thank you, Lessa! As always, I'm so glad you're here! Now, I've got to get caught up on all your fun and adventures!

BTW, do you know what I'm doing wrong in my update links? I clicked the one above to try and get it to work and it just gives me an error page. How do you do yours?
It looks like you have the http:// in the link twice. You can do links two ways

Where I type bracket I mean [ or ]

1) bracket url=" put your link here" bracket Name of update bracket /url bracket

The above type of link will take you to that post only

2) bracket post=insert post number bracket Name of update bracket /post bracket

So for instance this is the url of your update http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...04&postcount=3

The post number you would insert is 42685504

Should look something like this

bracket post=42685504 bracket Name of update bracket /post bracket

That type of link will take the reader to the update but will also show the rest of the page under it.

Make sense?
Old 09-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #9
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Yay you've started! Can't wait to hear all about it!
So glad you're here, as always!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
You just got back and we already get an update, how wonderful is this! Can't wait to hear what you thought of the hotel!
I'm excited to get started! I can't wait to share it all with everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
It looks like you have the http:// in the link twice. You can do links two ways

Where I type bracket I mean [ or ]

1) bracket url=" put your link here" bracket Name of update bracket /url bracket

The above type of link will take you to that post only

2) bracket post=insert post number bracket Name of update bracket /post bracket

So for instance this is the url of your update http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...04&postcount=3

The post number you would insert is 42685504

Should look something like this

bracket post=42685504 bracket Name of update bracket /post bracket

That type of link will take the reader to the update but will also show the rest of the page under it.

Make sense?
You are such a genius, Lessa! I know you've helped me more than once, so thank you, thank you, thank you for always being so helpful! It works perfectly now!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #10
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post

You are such a genius, Lessa! I know you've helped me more than once, so thank you, thank you, thank you for always being so helpful! It works perfectly now!
You are welcome!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Yea! Another Missy report! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Dream.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #12
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Yea! Another Missy report! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Dream.
Thank you, Cindy!! I hope you enjoy it!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #13
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Hey, I'm here!! I love the AKL pictures. Can't wait to see the room pics.

I also have trouble getting links on here. You know how you can give your TR links a "name" rather than just using the address link? Well, I can't figure that out at all! I just gave up so that's why all of my TR links are just the address link, rather than a title.
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Joining in for the fun. Cant wait to hear more!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #15
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Hey, I'm here!! I love the AKL pictures. Can't wait to see the room pics.

I also have trouble getting links on here. You know how you can give your TR links a "name" rather than just using the address link? Well, I can't figure that out at all! I just gave up so that's why all of my TR links are just the address link, rather than a title.
So glad you're here my friend!! I can't wait to share the AKL pics!! It was better than I could have imagined!!

The links thing was confusing at first, but I think I finally have it figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Joining in for the fun. Cant wait to hear more!!
Thanks for being here!! I can't wait to share it with y'all!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: