Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

Any guesses for what will happen next?

I don't think Beckett will die, but did she hear what Castle said to her??

Who's the 'big guy' behind the murder of Beckett's mom & the others?

and most importantly, will they or won't they!!
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.

Last edited by Missy1961; 09-26-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Disney845
is there a tag fairy epidemic in progress?
I swear to tell the truth...the whole truth...and nothing but the truth!
Loves to shop!

I think Beckett definitely lives, she didn't hear him, or she pretends not to.

Maybe the Mayor? Which could throw in a plot twist because he has sort of sanctioned Castle being involved with Kate and the PD to begin with.

Finally, I hope they "won't". As much as I like the idea of it, the tension is one of the best parts about the show, and like many other shows, when they finally do, well then it becomes a let down for the viewer because the tension is no longer there.
WDW On Site Trips Since Joining the DIS in 2002 9/02 Port Orleans Riverside 9/05 Pop Century (50s)-FDDP 12/06 Pop Century (60s)-DDP 9/07 Coronado Springs 11/07 All Star Sports-Thanksgiving 9/08 Pop Century (90s)-FDDP 11/08 Yacht Club-Thanksgiving 5/09 All Star Sports 9/09 Pop Century (50s)-FDDP 9/10 Pop Century (90s) 11/10 Pop Century (80s) 3/11 Pop Century (70s) 9/11 Pop Century (60s) 9/12 Pop Century (90s) 4/13 Caribbean Beach 9/13 Pop Century (60s) 3/14 All Star Music
Disney845 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

I can't wait for tonight! I think she will live, I hope they don't act on anything. Does anyone remember Moonlighting? The fun was the anticipation, once they hooked up the show went downhill.

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
pansmermaidzlagoon
Mickey asks that you not advise screwing things into his head

can't wait!!!
'11 WONDER Alaska Cruise: '13 WILDERNESS LODGE
pansmermaidzlagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
I can't wait for tonight! I think she will live, I hope they don't act on anything. Does anyone remember Moonlighting? The fun was the anticipation, once they hooked up the show went downhill.
I watched Moonlighting too, and yes, it did go downhill after they hooked up. But there were a lot of other factors there--they really didn't like each other, she was going thru a tough pregnancy, etc. etc. I really think Castle could be the show that could buck that trend. And honestly, if producers keep using ML as an excuse, then they should stop doing the "will they or won't they" stuff. It becomes a bit annoying. Who pines after someone that long without realizing how stupid it is? Even Scarlett O'Hara realized Ashley Wilkes was a whiny baby after a while. Either hook up or don't start that stuff. JMO.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Another vote for her not being dead..the show wouldn't be "right" without her for one thing..they can't kill her off.

I am going to speculate that she is going to have some sort of "amnesia" related to the incident (you how they like to do that in shows) and she isn't going to know what Castle said to her.

I am totally torn on them getting together....I can see how it could be a wonderful thing and I can see how it would damage the chemistry they have if they made them a couple. I think it is too early in the show for them to "give in" and make them a couple or get them together.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
Disneefun
DIS Veteran

Entertainment Weekly had a piece a few weeks ago with the writers of the show. They basically said, "She's not dead," (of course we kind of knew that b/c what would be the point of the show otherwise) and that they are going to sort of take the relationship up a notch without going too far with it. Here it is:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2030...527525,00.html
Disneefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Disney845
Loves to shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney845 View Post
or she pretends not to.
I was glad they ended with her back at the psych eval and she admitted she had lied!

Did anyone else think that Alexis' reaction to her dad getting back involved seemed out of character for her?
WDW On Site Trips Since Joining the DIS in 2002 9/02 Port Orleans Riverside 9/05 Pop Century (50s)-FDDP 12/06 Pop Century (60s)-DDP 9/07 Coronado Springs 11/07 All Star Sports-Thanksgiving 9/08 Pop Century (90s)-FDDP 11/08 Yacht Club-Thanksgiving 5/09 All Star Sports 9/09 Pop Century (50s)-FDDP 9/10 Pop Century (90s) 11/10 Pop Century (80s) 3/11 Pop Century (70s) 9/11 Pop Century (60s) 9/12 Pop Century (90s) 4/13 Caribbean Beach 9/13 Pop Century (60s) 3/14 All Star Music
Old 09-20-2011, 08:05 AM   #9
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

OK, this is bothering me. Did anyone else think it was odd that she was wearing so much makeup when Castle visited her in the hospital? My goodness she had on blue eye shadow and about a whole tube of mascara! It was so glaring to me! She looked so much more natural when she returned to work. It has nothing to do with anything, but it really stuck out to me.

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #10
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
OK, this is bothering me. Did anyone else think it was odd that she was wearing so much makeup when Castle visited her in the hospital? My goodness she had on blue eye shadow and about a whole tube of mascara! It was so glaring to me! She looked so much more natural when she returned to work. It has nothing to do with anything, but it really stuck out to me.
bothered me too. She did have on all that makeup at the funeral. And they rushed her right into surgery. But they didn't clean her face after the surgery? makes no sense.

I will say I liked the way they handled it--she acknowledged that it's hard for her to have relationship. That makes a lot of sense to me. And he's not turning away from his feelings either. And I loved the last scene! And did everyone recognize her therapist? It might not be easy! He used to play a Klingon in Star Trek: The Next Generation. (his name is Michael Dorn).

And did they explain who the guy was--the one that Roy sent the stuff to? I missed the scene after he calls Rick.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #11
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

Quote:
I noticed the same thing! Who wears that much makeup right after surgery?

I also thought Alexis' reaction was a little odd. Maybe it is part of a new storyline where Alexis doesn't want her dad involved in police work at all.

Jeafl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #12
Disney845
Loves to shop!

Quote:
Yes! I did notice this. My only thought was that she had that on at the funeral and no one washed her face, but at the point Castle visited her she would have already been through the surgery, recovery, and then overnight before he came back to see her. I thought it looked way too fresh, and not smudgy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
And did everyone recognize her therapist? It might not be easy! He used to play a Klingon in Star Trek: The Next Generation. (his name is Michael Dorn).

And did they explain who the guy was--the one that Roy sent the stuff to? I missed the scene after he calls Rick.
SO was waiting for him all episode, as he saw his name in the opening credits.

Also, the guy who received the packet of info had a mailbox labeled "Smith". Of course that might not have been his real name. "Smith" then calls someone at a Congressional Office. No other info came out about him yet.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #13
pansmermaidzlagoon
Mickey asks that you not advise screwing things into his head

apparently, we have to keep an eye out for "Smith" - according to a post at IMDB, he is the Dr behind Castle as he fixes his hair and enters Beckett's hospital room. Hmmm.....

can anyone answer this?: the envelope that Smith received seemed to contain a newspaper clipping of Beckett's shooting. Yet the envelope was mailed by Capt. Montgomery BEFORE his death, right? What am I missing?

next week's episode looks like fun!
'11 WONDER Alaska Cruise: '13 WILDERNESS LODGE
pansmermaidzlagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #14
Tazicket
I routinely walk into 1 certain wall at home
Loved by a Pirate Penguin
ACK! I wouldn't ever eat a Mystery Peep!! That's crazy!

I loved how they did the season opener. Last season's finale was so heavy, and I thought they did a great job of starting this one in that heavy place and gradually working back to that fun sarcastic show we all know and love. When Becket cracked her joke at the end about the killer hiding place, I looked at DH and said, "She's baaaaack!"
Tazicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #15
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazicket View Post
I loved how they did the season opener. Last season's finale was so heavy, and I thought they did a great job of starting this one in that heavy place and gradually working back to that fun sarcastic show we all know and love. When Becket cracked her joke at the end about the killer hiding place, I looked at DH and said, "She's baaaaack!"
I thought that too! Plus seeing the highlights for the next episode--looked like a typical episode. The writers/producers are doing a great job with this show.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: