Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
trimmtrabb
Earning My Ears

POFQ all booked up in mid-December?

I was looking at booking a stay at POFQ from 12/11/2011 to 12/17/2011 using the free dining promo. I understand from researching that Disney only allocates a certain number of rooms for promotions like the free dining promo, and when I check availability at the resort for that time it currently gives me this message:

Quote:
The Resort or Resort Category you requested is unavailable for the dates and party size selected. An alternate has been provided. To see if the Resort or Resort Category you requested is available for other dates and party sizes, use the Change Your Search module at left.
My question is this: how likely is it that I can "wait it out" and rooms at POFQ using the free dining promo will be available? Or even, better yet, can I get a better result if I call and try to book it through Disney (or AAA, for that matter)?

We stayed at Riverside last time, and loved it, but I wanted to experience the other side of Port Orleans. And I'm not too keen on Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs, so I might just end up booking Riverside... Just wanted to see if any of you experts had some input or experience!
trimmtrabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
bowbat
DIS Veteran

I'd say it's worth it to call. I changed a room-only reservation that we had booked with a 40% off bounce back offer -- I ended up calling a couple times and having them run through all available options for me before I found something I wanted. Good luck!
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
stpats317
Mouseketeer

We had the same problem when booking for 11/26-12/3. We also wanted French Quarter and it was available while we were still in thinking mode but when we were ready to book, no availability. We're at POR but I have been thinking about calling and trying to move now that we're paid up. It's worth a shot I guess
stpats317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

You could also try to add a few days around your reservation. Sometimes the availability will change-not sure why, but it does. Then, later you could cancel the extra days. This happened to us- I added an extra day, and my preferred resort showed up. I added the day, then later cancelled the day. As long as you do this within the package rules for changes, you will not be penalized. Good luck!

(Me) (DH) (DS21) (DS17) (Jill) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
pattyw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
french, orleans, port, quarter

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: