Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #151
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool E-bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falltime View Post
Pretty much. The 17" collector dolls that come in the boxes are the same way (they have released 9 of those so far). Same goes for very LE pins and vinylmations.
Unfortunately, what makes it worse is all the e-bayers etc that try to buy up as much LE stuff as possible and try to re-sell at 5x - 10x what they paid. Yes 10x, I saw one e-bayer trying to sell the dolls at $650 buy it now or best offer. C'mon..really?!
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #152
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJUSC View Post
Do you have an extra Ariel?
Nope sorry I don't, I just bought one that first day they came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
Yesterday, I sent an e-mail to the the DisneyStore voicing my concern about the ebayers buying up a bulk of the Designer Dolls and the impact that it is having on the true Disney fans and collectors who want one for themselves, not to sell at jacked up prices on e-bay. I stated I hope that they can look at things for the next 6.

I did get the generic "we appreciate your feedback and it will be forwarded" response, but at least I voiced my opinion on the matter. Looks like I'll be having some early Monday mornings the next 6 weeks. Who know if they would be able to change anything anyway. I feel bad for those that missed out.
Good for you for emailing them! Maybe if they get enough feedback something will change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveddis View Post
I have done the same emailed them with the complaints that their own staff are taking them and preselling them on eBay. I found Rapunzel on eBay and questioned the person regarding availability and shipping. The person stated to me that they could guarantee they would have it as they are a Disney worker!! This is unreal and unfair. I have only bought one of each for me and my four year old to share and unfortunately I learned this morning Disneystore online screwed us. Yes, I got up early and ordered one Mulan an d have the thank you confirmation as well as money taken off my card. This morning I wake to my dear John email that says unfortunately they can't fill my order and hey would I like something else? WTH? I want my doll I ordered in stock and paid for. I am so angry with them right now.
I would be furious!!

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #153
marie1203
DIS Veteran

I am looking for the Clutch. Has anyone seen it? And for the ones that went to the store have the store carry then every shipment?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #154
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122 View Post
Mulan I got afraid and kept waking up all night Sunday night. At 3am ET she was not available. At 3:30am ET she was not available. By 3:45am ET she was available to purchase.

I checked Monday and she was still available at 11:00am ET. She's not available anymore right now. They took the link off the first page to easily get to the dolls. Online you are only allowed to buy 2 dolls a person.
Quote:
My order for Mulan was placed at 3:17am Eastern, which is the same as 2:17 Central, 1:17 Mountain and 12:17 Pacific
Which is totally crazy because I was checking and she wasn't there yet for me. After reading through this thread I've found a few discrepancies with the time stuff is available / sold out. I would think online is online, there isn't a different website based on where you live, right?
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #155
BiiRD
Earning My Ears

The exact thing happened to me when i ordered ariel online, well before she sold out. I got charged and everything and i called twice and they guaranteed me an ariel doll. Just recently they emailed me a $10 giftcard thinking that would help the situation, they said there was an error in the process of my order!! Disney is making me so angry!

Last edited by BiiRD; 09-13-2011 at 01:40 PM.
BiiRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #156
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie1203 View Post
I am looking for the Clutch. Has anyone seen it? And for the ones that went to the store have the store carry then every shipment?
I bought the clutch in the store at the same time I got a mug and a doll. Maybe call around to local stores to see if they have it? I almost ordered it online, but it didn't look just that great, but it was SO much prettier in person that I had to get it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiiRD View Post
The exact thing happened to me when i ordered ariel online, well before she sold out. I got charged and everything and i called twice and they guaranteed me an ariel doll. Just recently they emailed me a $10 giftcard thinking that would help the situation, they said there was an error in the process of my order!! Disney is making me so angry!
I would cry if that happened to me with Ariel.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #157
gilliansmommy
Mouseketeer

It is sad. When I got up at 8am EST Monday, Mulan was "not available for purchase at this time" so I drove 1.5 hours to the nearest store. I did buy 2 Mulans and sold one on ebay to buy my much needed Cinderella. I had called every store and no one had a Cinderella since I was late to the game. So now I have Cinderella on the way and a Mulan. One for each daughter.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #158
Falltime
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122 View Post
Which is totally crazy because I was checking and she wasn't there yet for me. After reading through this thread I've found a few discrepancies with the time stuff is available / sold out. I would think online is online, there isn't a different website based on where you live, right?
Disney does use several different servers so it may just be which ever one you are routed on to how soon they show up

Last edited by Falltime; 09-13-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Falltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #159
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

Quote:
Disney does use several different servers so it may just be which ever one you are routed on to how soon they show up
I asked my husband this (this is the sort of thing he actually knows about!!) He says it shouldn't happen, but it can. Often if a server is down, or there is some sort of delay in a server getting the updated info. The servers aren't independent of each other, they should be communicating frequently, especially in a stock control environment. So again, it shouldn't happen, but it can in certain circumstances.

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #160
aprincess@mail.com
Princess Angie

We are "trying" to collect these dolls for our daughter, but we were unable to purchase Cinderella in time... Really not looking forward to paying Ebay prices though. ugh! These dolls are so pretty!
We bought Ariel online on Wednesday afternoon, Belle on Monday morning and my husband stayed up late Sunday night to purchase Mulan at 2:35am PST. It was not available before then. Not sure why eveyone has different availabilty times either. Since we live on the West Coast, were assuming that the East coast is granted online access first.
Good luck everyone... I will be keeping my fingers crossed that were able to purchase the dolls through Disney's website
WDW Saratoga Springs Spa & Resort Suite June 2007
2008 & 2010 & 2012 Disneyland Season Pass Holder!!!
aprincess@mail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #161
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

I know the UK and France site both had some available after they were sold out here in North America. And according to people who have stayed up they don't become available until midnight PST.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #162
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
I know the UK and France site both had some available after they were sold out here in North America. And according to people who have stayed up they don't become available until midnight PST.
They don't ship outside of Europe

I thought this could be an option, as I have family in UK. But I think I could only do it if they offered to bring it over in their suitcase when they next visited.

Why? - I was on the UK website this morning and they appeared to have all dolls available. I was looking at shipping costs, it would cost around $30 for an unsigned/untracked package and about $48 for a signed package if you had it come from UK. The dolls work out to be $79 (UK has a huge sales tax!) I would not ship using their postal service without some tracking as things always seem to go missing from here to my Mum and back again on a frequent basis. I also looked at UPS, and nearly passed out, cheapest is around $116 just for shipping!!!! So it would be about $130 +. Cheaper than some of the Ebay sellers. Not cheap enough for me though!!!

Okay I obviously have way too much time on my hand, and have become totally obsessed with collecting these dolls. Curse you Disney!!

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #163
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprincess@mail.com View Post
We are "trying" to collect these dolls for our daughter, but we were unable to purchase Cinderella in time... Really not looking forward to paying Ebay prices though. ugh! These dolls are so pretty!
We bought Ariel online on Wednesday afternoon, Belle on Monday morning and my husband stayed up late Sunday night to purchase Mulan at 2:35am PST. It was not available before then. Not sure why eveyone has different availabilty times either. Since we live on the West Coast, were assuming that the East coast is granted online access first.
Good luck everyone... I will be keeping my fingers crossed that were able to purchase the dolls through Disney's website
I am on the west coast and my order was at 12:10 PST for Mulan, I think you meant to say 12:35 pst as they are released just after midnight pacific

Last edited by DizneyDogs; 09-13-2011 at 08:58 PM.
DizneyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #164
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
I asked my husband this (this is the sort of thing he actually knows about!!) He says it shouldn't happen, but it can. Often if a server is down, or there is some sort of delay in a server getting the updated info. The servers aren't independent of each other, they should be communicating frequently, especially in a stock control environment. So again, it shouldn't happen, but it can in certain circumstances.
with all the glitches ds.com has had over the years it wouldn't surprise me, for example they lost all my order history as is the case with several other people I know. It list one order from 2001 a few from 2005 and 2006 and then none until 2011 and I am someone who regularly buys pins on their website several times a month.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #165
berrybread
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
Me and DS5 recently started to collect the Disney trading pins. We don't really have a desire to trade, we just buy ones that we really want and put them in shadow boxes. But I want to keep track of the ones we have, with the Pin Pics number, year it came out, where we got it, stuff like that. So I thought that journal would be nice for that. Really I think I just want it and need to find an excuse to use it LOL
LOL love that xD My disney store ended up getting the post it notes recently and when I saw them in person, I was a little disappointed by how small they were. I ended up getting a rapunzel mug
berrybread is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: